• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

cacophony

i'm baffled as to how a face randomly AA's two people who did nothing to him.. and is not a heel

that was one of the worst endings in a while

strobogo

Banned
GlaGPpz.jpg

123 Grid

Maybe it's just time for everyone to move on from the WWE?

Most of society has and looking at the ratings most of the fan base has.

Vince seems content to have his carney show play to the Wal-Mart mobility scooter crowd and their 18 inbred children.

you're way too harsh on the crowd.

it really is for just your average little kid so it's kinda sad when we complain that it sucks.

and guys with a wardrobe that consists mainly of tap out t shirts, plaid shorts, and baseball caps.

so ambrose has def been depushed. shame honestly. he literally got five minutes tonight where they buried another great up and coming wrestler.

I usually complain about how wwe is handling new talent but tonight was so bad I'm honestly laughing

goldberg is back though and is probably getting another huge push!

gaiadyne

Maybe it's just time for everyone to move on from the WWE?

Most of society has and looking at the ratings most of the fan base has.

Vince seems content to have his carney show play to the Wal-Mart mobility scooter crowd and their 18 inbred children.

I think I might start looking into Ring of Honor as an alternative.

That gif doesnt make any sense, goku wouldnt be able to kick Kid buu like that.
\

I have no problem with john cena , in fact he my Favorite of all time but I can understand not liking him. He does the same stuff but when does a good promo there is no one better than him.

Trying to find logic in something like DBZ is like trying to find logic in today's WWE.

Overpowered Goku wins = Overpowered Cena wins

Fox318

you're way too harsh on the crowd.

it really is for just your average little kid so it's kinda sad when we complain that it sucks.

and guys with a wardrobe that consists mainly of tap out t shirts, plaid shorts, and baseball caps.

so ambrose has def been depushed. shame honestly. he literally got five minutes tonight where they buried another great up and coming wrestler.

I usually complain about how wwe is handling new talent but tonight was so bad I'm honestly laughing

goldberg is back though and is probably getting another huge push!
Except that average little kid isn't buying ppvs and isn't paying for the network.

Their top stars target audience can't spent money on the products. Sure he is gonna sell merchandise like backpacks and t-shirts but he isn't gonna spend money on ppv events.

Except that average little kid isn't buying ppvs and isn't paying for the network.

Their top stars target audience can't spent money on the products. Sure he is gonna sell merchandise like backpacks and t-shirts but he isn't gonna spend money on ppv events.

their parents buy them the ppvs and network subs...

just like they buy them the cena t shirts and headbands

wrestling is mostly geared towards little kids now and people who watch reality tv.

even I'm ashamed I started watching it again.

they still get a couple million tuning in each week which is still a ton of people.

Alucard

Banned
I think I might start looking into Ring of Honor as an alternative.

2014 has been a really entertaining year. And you only need to watch 50 minutes a week of television.

ROH is really great live and the workrate of the guys is top notch, but it's hard to follow if you're not plopping down 15 bucks every month to watch the latest PPV.

If you just want a wrestling fix, check out rohwrestling.com/tv/current every Friday for the latest TV episode.

Heroman

Banned
2014 has been a really entertaining year. And you only need to watch 50 minutes a week of television.

ROH is really great live and the workrate of the guys is top notch, but it's hard to follow if you're not plopping down 15 bucks every month to watch the latest PPV.

If you just want a wrestling fix, check out rohwrestling.com/tv/current every Friday for the latest TV episode.

What about New Japan, I want to watch it but im super confused how.

charsace

Cena is gonna get the pin on Rollins at SS and then Reigns is going to get another pin off of him.

I can't remember the last Ambrose win. And now Wyatt is going to go over him in a feud. I would love to hear someone in the WWE explain why Reigns is ready to ME and why Ambrose isn't.

And after what went down since Rollins interfered in the last Cena/Lesnar match I seriously think Cena has some say in the story lines.

Alucard

Banned
What about New Japan, I want to watch it but im super confused how.

Bootaaay or Falling Edge would be better people to ask about this. I don't follow New Japan outside of the occasional match here and there. This is largely due to their PPVS often being 3.5 hours long or more. Just way too much. Not sure how often that happens, but many of the ones I've watched reached that mark.

Really though, check out rohwrestling.com/tv/current. It's not for everyone, but you're usually guaranteed a great main event. Many of the guys from the company have found their way to the WWE and TNA.

It the same of the pre Freiza saga expect for there is no power level. It still if someone is stronger they will win , with some exception.

One other thing is that, Dragon ball revolves around skill before dbz came along. Kid goku cannot bust a moon due to the fact that he stated he was going all out on piccolo when he used his super kamehameha, and if that was true shouldn't there have been a explosive radius far bigger than a country being shown? to add to that, roshi was extremely surprised that tien launched a kamehameha and said it was huge that it would kill some of the spectators. Considering how surprised he was that means it had to be on par with his own, which was a moon buster.

Another thing is planet busting punches. When goku and vegeta were throwing these "punches" they caught each others fists several times, how did they contain the shockwave that would be created from the punch? And when they punch each other no shockwaves are being shown and when a shockwave is shown, its still nowhere even close to at least multi-city block.

Another thing i wanted to mention was that krillin never busted a mountain.(the times when he was shown using his ki barely even created a impact crater or explosion crater.) Current krillin is far above roshi and raditz. This means that ki depends on the user regardless of "power levels". The same applies to freaking tien and yamacha.

There is much more to be said but, thats all i can remember at the top of my head.

Kacho

Gold Member
One other thing is that, Dragon ball revolves around skill before dbz came along. Kid goku cannot bust a moon due to the fact that he stated he was going all out on piccolo when he used his super kamehameha, and if that was true shouldn't there have been a explosive radius far bigger than a country being shown? to add to that, roshi was extremely surprised that tien launched a kamehameha and said it was huge that it would kill some of the spectators. Considering how surprised he was that means it had to be on par with his own, which was a moon buster.

Another thing is planet busting punches. When goku and vegeta were throwing these "punches" they caught each others fists several times, how did they contain the shockwave that would be created from the punch? And when they punch each other no shockwaves are being shown and when a shockwave is shown, its still nowhere even close to at least multi-city block.

Another thing i wanted to mention was that krillin never busted a mountain.(the times when he was shown using his ki barely even created a impact crater or explosion crater.) Current krillin is far above roshi and raditz. This means that ki depends on the user regardless of "power levels". The same applies to freaking tien and yamacha.

There is much more to be said but, thats all i can remember at the top of my head.

Have you covered any of this on your YouTube channel? You seem to know your stuff and would definitely watch.

Heroman

Banned

1. Goku had the ability to destroy the moon with his kamehaha but didnt want to destory everything. It similar to how gohan should have destroy the solar system but didnt when he fought cell.
2. akira toriyama didnt think that far
3. Ki is on depend on power level, just because krillin didn't destroy a mountain doesnt mean he cant. If that was the case than Freiza would be the 2nd Strongest character because only him and kid buu have actually bust planets.
4.akira toriyama didnt think that far

Alucard

Banned
Pls, don't start that mess again.

doesn't matter as he is never coming back no matter how much they continually push his wifey.

Seriously, all I ask is some context or at least your opinion of the videos you post. Just posting a link with ZERO context or opinion smells like you're just trying to drop click bait or advertise for someone specifically. No one cares about videos that have no text surrounding them. It's like you're just tossing rocks into the ocean for no rhyme or reason. People are suspicious of your motives because of the fact that you continue to ignore some of the most basic forum posting etiquette.

1. Goku had the ability to destroy the moon with his kamehaha but didnt want to destory everything. It similar to how gohan should have destroy the solar system but didnt when he fought cell.
2. akira toriyama didnt think that far
3. Ki is on depend on power level, just because krillin didn't destroy a mountain doesnt mean he cant. If that was the case than Freiza would be the 2nd Strongest character because only him and kid buu have actually bust planets.
4.akira toriyama didnt think that far

But there are far too many variables for Power Scaling to actually work.

1. Uneven returns - Any given amount of KI, does not give a specific amount of Speed, Strength and Durability(as seen with Trunks' USSJ form). Which effectively means that Power Scaling cannot be used for those kinds of physical feats.

I agree with this but there is some inconsistency in DBZ about this. For example a post made by Pope regarding Vegeta's improved speed due to an increase in PL

2. Power Multipliers - Their various special(named) attacks are all power multipliers(Goku's Kamehameha against Raditz has a multiplication factor of about 2.2, while Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon has a multiplication factor of about 3.6, just to give some examples). Without knowing the specific multiplication factor for each technique, Power Scaling is effectively useless for KI based feats.

A few examples to demonstrate my point:

1. Master Roshi, with a power level of 180, blew up the moon. However, he did that using his Max Power form, and the Kamehamaha technique. So, in order to figure out his actual effective PL for that feat, you need to know the power increase from his Max Power form, and the multiplication factor of his Kamehamaha.

I agree with this completely

Later, Piccolo blows up the moon, with a power level of about 400, but again, we don't know the multiplication factor of the technique he used.

2. Master Roshi, with a power level of about 138, is roughly 28 times more powerful than a normal human(based on the power level of 5 on the random Farmer scanned by Raditz).

Using Power Scaling, he should logically be about 28 times stronger and faster than a normal human. But with his 100 meter dash speed recorded at about 3.1 seconds, he's barely 3 times faster.

I think this should be excused because IIRC Roshi performed this feat with weights on his back (not totally sure). Also Roshi stated multiple times that his not as good as he used to be in his prime. Also regarding the instance with Trunks, I'm guessing speed doesn't get a drastic boost with PL increase (which contradicts what Vegeta said). Then again while Vegeta was originally faster than Goku, after Goku got a boost in PL he was much faster than Burter, who was massively faster than Vegeta. (Again, the inconsistencies in DBZ)

If we try looking at it the other way around:

Since Roshi blew up the moon at about 180 PL, a normal human, if they learned to use their Ki, without increasing their Power Level, should be able to blow up a mountain several times the size of Mt. Everest.

Bottom line: Power Scaling is completely and utterly useless for any DBZ debate, and no real DBZ fan should be using it, since they should already know these things.

Wait where is this from.

I don't remember Goku wrecking all the villains like that.

Battle of Z intro

charsace

anime slowly taking over, good work friends

Not surprised. The bullshit that is going on in the WWE will cause people to tune out.

Cena "lost" to Ambrose in a match where he didn't have to take a pin and only lost because he had to fight off a gang while fighting Ambrose. Cena gets a Contender's Match for losing. And then Cena gets his match with Rollins, though one would think he wouldn't get a match against Rollins so soon since the chance he had was lost. Nope, WWE made sure Cena got a match tonight and at the next PPV he will get his hands on Rollins.

1. Uneven returns - Any given amount of KI, does not give a specific amount of Speed, Strength and Durability(as seen with Trunks' USSJ form). Which effectively means that Power Scaling cannot be used for those kinds of physical feats.

I agree with this but there is some inconsistency in DBZ about this. For example a post made by Pope regarding Vegeta's improved speed due to an increase in PL

2. Power Multipliers - Their various special(named) attacks are all power multipliers(Goku's Kamehameha against Raditz has a multiplication factor of about 2.2, while Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon has a multiplication factor of about 3.6, just to give some examples). Without knowing the specific multiplication factor for each technique, Power Scaling is effectively useless for KI based feats.

1. Master Roshi, with a power level of 180, blew up the moon. However, he did that using his Max Power form, and the Kamehamaha technique. So, in order to figure out his actual effective PL for that feat, you need to know the power increase from his Max Power form, and the multiplication factor of his Kamehamaha.

Later, Piccolo blows up the moon, with a power level of about 400, but again, we don't know the multiplication factor of the technique he used.

2. Master Roshi, with a power level of about 138, is roughly 28 times more powerful than a normal human(based on the power level of 5 on the random Farmer scanned by Raditz).

Using Power Scaling, he should logically be about 28 times stronger and faster than a normal human. But with his 100 meter dash speed recorded at about 3.1 seconds, he's barely 3 times faster.

I think this should be excused because IIRC Roshi performed this feat with weights on his back (not totally sure). Also Roshi stated multiple times that his not as good as he used to be in his prime. Also regarding the instance with Trunks, I'm guessing speed doesn't get a drastic boost with PL increase (which contradicts what Vegeta said). Then again while Vegeta was originally faster than Goku, after Goku got a boost in PL he was much faster than Burter, who was massively faster than Vegeta. (Again, the inconsistencies in DBZ)

Since Roshi blew up the moon at about 180 PL, a normal human, if they learned to use their Ki, without increasing their Power Level, should be able to blow up a mountain several times the size of Mt. Everest.

Bottom line: Power Scaling is completely and utterly useless for any DBZ debate, and no real DBZ fan should be using it, since they should already know these things.

what the fuck

fJIBoL5.gif

gaiadyne

Sweet! It's cool that they have an archive of past episodes to catch up on there website. Anybody know what time on Friday the new episodes typically pop up?

Heroman

Banned

I think power scaling is useful since most of the upper teir guys dont have feats but there are holes in it. If character X beat character Y and Character Z is stronger as Character y than Character Z is as strong to character X this work for most of the the of the character and feats in dbz.

Top Bottom