• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

strobogo

Banned
rkOTLDa.jpg

Rhett Hart

Heroman

Banned
I think u are looking at it too black and white obviously when u add quantifications to fiction strength it's going to get twisted around until it's useless besides fans quoting feats like 100 tonner on forums. Technique, determination, fighting ability are what determines feats powerlevels do not. The 3 listed things are what people use in actual fights in real life( plus rage) . And they alow lower power leveled to stand a chance.

IMO they didn't use this enough throught the series as piccolo was my favorite z fighter after goku and he wasn't useful in fights later on.( which does show that technique, determination/willpower, and fighting ability only get him so far before power levels curbstomp). So an example is one of the last fights they were still recode ding powerlevels in the anime( manga kept doing pl) is it's generally believed that supersayain goku had a higher power level than final form frieza but Frieza's rage and ki techniques allowed him to stay in the fight much longer and be a threat.
That frieza fight was more of a anime thing than a manga thing. In the manga Frieza never had a chance.

Striker

They shouldn't waste Henry with Shoe. The heel turn was lacking. Lacking in terms of shit commentary. Cole's the main guy and his retort is calling the name of the move and nothing else.

I guess they also haven't found anyone else to feud with Ziggler? You can do so much with Ziggler/Cesaro or Ziggler/Miz. There's really no one else. A Survivor Series team feud sounds kind of silly. Traditionally, those teams meant you paired up individuals or teams and face them off against their heel counterparts.

Fox318

Yeah it sucked.

Randy Orton turned face.

Team Cena vs. Team Authority at Survivor series. So far Ziggler was recruited for Team Cena, I think? That might change.

Ryback turned face and got a huge ovation when he squashed Bo Dallas.

Mark Henry turned heel on Big Show.

Bray Wyatt said he attacked Ambrose cause he's the same as Ambrose aka a "you and I are the same" promo.
You forgot Cesar burial

Alucard

Banned
Please don't quote simplythebest. I have him ignored and don't want to see any of his posts.

I'm getting there. I made a respectful post explaining why it's hard to take him seriously when he posts click bait with no context or opinion, and he completely ignored it...which tells me almost all I need to know about his intentions with those videos.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW Monday Nitro 11/4/96

• Brad Armstrong vs Marcus Bagwell
  • DDP vs Ice Train
  • Scotty Riggs vs That Motherfucker Dean Malenko WCW Cruiserweight Championship
  • Hector Guerrero vs Chris Benoit
  • Reina Jubuki vs Madusa
  • M Wallstreet vs Chris Jericho
  • Lex Luger vs Booker T

A tournament for the Ladies Championship has begun. Buff and BA have a shockingly fun and heated match, with both guys coming out of it looking great and the fans were into it. Hector Guerrero could still go like a Guerrero. Hopefully Chavo Classic makes an appearance. The Piper promo from Havoc is again shown in full. Sting is being spooky. Hall and Nash help DDP win a match. Hogan doing a promo seems to be the main event for the next 2 months. Piper vs Hogan isn't even signed and is the most hyped match in history.

ibtn3dnmlr8e0N.gif

iQBKgLOdQU2Fh.gif

Is he...is he...shooting?
iba3o9zbSvZM8W.gif

Alucard

Banned
Just finished RAW, wtf was with that ending? Everyone runs down to the ring and starts fighting each other FOR NO FUCKING REASON WHATSOEVER?

This fucking company. I hate to say it, but I'm actually rooting for GFW to do well and hopefully become a solid alternative to this shit.

Lucha Underground hits tomorrow on the El Rey network.

Alucard

Banned
Actually, don't push Ryback. It will just mean getting Cena's stink on him again.

Guys who have gotten "the Cena rub" this year:

-Bray Wyatt (LOL)
-Brock (was fun for two weeks after SS)
-Roman Reigns (booooring)
-Dean Ambrose (LOOOL)
-Seth Rollins (has actually elevated him a bit)
-Cesaro (elevated him, but who cares right now?)

The future goes through John Cena...and is never allowed to pass him.

Hasney

Fast forwarded straight through Ryback. Really don't find him entertaining in the ring at all and it would have been more fun if he became the social media correspondent.

I don't think I really liked a match on that Raw at all though. Usos V Miz/Mizdow was kinda fun and I was really looking forward to Ambrose/Cesaro.... Until they cruelly took that away from us. Dolph can't carry Kane either.

Swagger and Dolph could have a few good matches, they should hotshot that instead of teasing Dolph on team Cena.

Alucard

Banned
Fast forwarded straight through Ryback. Really don't find him entertaining in the ring at all and it would have been more fun if he became the social media correspondent.

I don't think I really liked a match on that Raw at all though. Usos V Miz/Mizdow was kinda fun and I was really looking forward to Ambrose/Cesaro.... Until they cruelly took that away from us. Dolph can't carry Kane either.

Swagger and Dolph could have a few good matches, they should hotshot that instead of teasing Dolph on team Cena.

#WatchROH, Hasney. The current episode that's up for everyone has a very fun main event featuring Adam Cole.

Check it out here to remind yourself that wrestling doesn't have to incite fan rage or fan apathy:

Http://rohwrestling.com/tv/current

It did him some good in the end, as him and Axel were able to build up some momentum which started getting Ryback his current reactions.

Push Ryback. Who's with me?

They bringing back the "Feed Me More" chant?

I know everyone hates the big Goldberg character, but guys like that can have some good runs for 6 months. Plus it's not Cena, and that's always a plus. So yes, push Ryback, give him the run he deserves, he's put in some time and cuts great promos. Much better than Reigns

Pretty fun Dragon Gate show today, nothing spectacular but the main event of Akira Tozawa & Masato Yoshino vs BxB Hulk & Masaaki Mochizuki is well worth a watch. Really looking forward to the Gate of Destiny this Sunday, Hulk vs Tozawa should be an awesome main event. I'd like to think Tozawa has a chance of winning the thing, but I can't see Hulk losing the belt so soon after debuting his new stable. Elsewhere on today's show there was a good tag with Saito & Genki vs YAMATO & Cyber Kong, but it was brought down by the usual Mad Blankey cheating tactics. I also really enjoyed Shingo vs Big R Shimizu, who was making his debut as a member of Hulk's Dia Hearts stable. The gimmick's very much Big E, but it worked and the crowd responded well to him.

Alucard

Banned
Sorry guys, but the gif cam I use at work seems to be a version that doesn't let me edit size. I think I have a newer version at home that lets me do it, but my laptop runs vids slightly choppily, so I can't always get smooth gifs. I'll put my gifs in quotes to at least minimize the physical size.

From the most recent ROH TV which aired on Saturday, October 25th, 2014.

Love the ref's reaction here. As if he's saying "OH SHIT!"

And cue the circus music for Will Ferrara setting up a tornado DDT.

Alucard

Banned
Pretty fun Dragon Gate show today, nothing spectacular but the main event of Akira Tozawa & Masato Yoshino vs BxB Hulk & Masaaki Mochizuki is well worth a watch. Really looking forward to the Gate of Destiny this Sunday, Hulk vs Tozawa should be an awesome main event. I'd like to think Tozawa has a chance of winning the thing, but I can't see Hulk losing the belt so soon after debuting his new stable. Elsewhere on today's show there was a good tag with Saito & Genki vs YAMATO & Cyber Kong, but it was brought down by the usual Mad Blankey cheating tactics. I also really enjoyed Shingo vs Big R Shimizu, who was making his debut as a member of Hulk's Dia Hearts stable. The gimmick's very much Big E, but it worked and the crowd responded well to him.

I like reading Dragon Gate reports and still seeing names I recognize from my 2009 and 2010 DVDs.

Two of the best wrestling shows I've ever seen, and two my all-time favourite pro wrestling DVDs:

DGUSA_DVD_Open_The_Historic_Gate_2009.jpg
DGUSA_DVD_Open_The_Untouchable_Gate_2009.jpg

Those first two DGUSA shows blew the roof off and, along with ROH, were the catalysts for getting me back into wrestling after an almost-10-year hiatus.

Hasney

#WatchROH, Hasney. The current episode that's up for everyone has a very fun main event featuring Adam Cole.

Check it out here to remind yourself that wrestling doesn't have to incite fan rage or fan apathy:

Http://rohwrestling.com/tv/current

I kind of assumed the video player wouldn't work with my phone and that's the only time I'm watching wrestling at the moment. To help work pass.

Pleasantly surprised it does so I might have a look tomorrow.

Alucard

Banned
I kind of assumed the video player wouldn't work with my phone and that's the only time I'm watching wrestling at the moment. To help work pass.

Pleasantly surprised it does so I might have a look tomorrow.

Cool. I'm a bit of a mark for the company, FYI. Always curious to hear others' impressions of it.

Just finished RAW, wtf was with that ending? Everyone runs down to the ring and starts fighting each other FOR NO FUCKING REASON WHATSOEVER?

This fucking company. I hate to say it, but I'm actually rooting for GFW to do well and hopefully become a solid alternative to this shit.

Slow burn for the rumble

I like reading Dragon Gate reports and still seeing names I recognize from my 2009 and 2010 DVDs.

Two of the best wrestling shows I've ever seen, and two my all-time favourite pro wrestling DVDs:

DGUSA_DVD_Open_The_Historic_Gate_2009.jpg
DGUSA_DVD_Open_The_Untouchable_Gate_2009.jpg

Those first two DGUSA shows blew the roof off and, along with ROH, were the catalysts for getting me back into wrestling after an almost-10-year hiatus.

DGUSA brought me back as well.

Boots, any chance of a hold off on Tozawa winning now and a rematch at Final Gate? I haven't been following very well right now. I'd love to see my favorite wrestler win the belt live.
Also, I'm going to Final Gate.

Top Bottom