• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

jmdajr

Nothing will happen in the WWE for another 1-2 months. Do something that WWE superstars should do every year.

Take some time off. Live life. Have a family. Grow up.

Done all that... well except the last part. But I(we) bought a house so I(we) will finally be broke like the rest of America.

Vylash

Alright, y'all. I'm heading off to pick up 2K15 from a Redbox. Will report back with lulz.

LegitimateHelpfulBarebirdbat.gif

Kacho

Gold Member
The "future warfare" wave has proven to be huge bust. I think the general public just wants to shoot brown people in the present.

But Black Ops and Black Ops II...

MW3 might be the exception but I don't remember shit about that game other than Cpt Price driving or riding in a jeep on a beach.

The closer they get to Halo's realm the more it hurts them.

COD2 and COD4 are still the GOAT from that franchise.

They thought that Titanfall was going to be The Next Big Thing that was going to direct the trends for the next couple of years, but Titanfall ended up being a bust because syfy shit like that is for those dorks on The Big Bang Theory and no one who plays CoD wants to be associated with that bunch.

jmdajr

They thought that Titanfall was going to be The Next Big Thing that was going to direct the trends for the next couple of years, but Titanfall ended up being a bust because scifi shit like that is for those dorks on The Big Bang Theory and no one who plays CoD wants to be associated with that bunch.

Sound silly but I've heard Gamestop conversations like this.

note: been a long time since I've been at gamestop.

njean777

Well after watching Raw the best they could give Ambrose is a 5min promo? FFS WWE just kill all the momentum you built with him.

Pretty fun Dragon Gate show today, nothing spectacular but the main event of Akira Tozawa & Masato Yoshino vs BxB Hulk & Masaaki Mochizuki is well worth a watch. Really looking forward to the Gate of Destiny this Sunday, Hulk vs Tozawa should be an awesome main event. I'd like to think Tozawa has a chance of winning the thing, but I can't see Hulk losing the belt so soon after debuting his new stable. Elsewhere on today's show there was a good tag with Saito & Genki vs YAMATO & Cyber Kong, but it was brought down by the usual Mad Blankey cheating tactics. I also really enjoyed Shingo vs Big R Shimizu, who was making his debut as a member of Hulk's Dia Hearts stable. The gimmick's very much Big E, but it worked and the crowd responded well to him.
It's events like this that just disappoint me that DG is not readily available at all. No way to purchase DVDs, IVPvideos doesn't do them, Original Bronski uploads barely anything. BxB Hulk is the transcendent star Japan needs....

Ithil

Vince likes his muscle men.

Problem with trying to make everyone a muscle man (as Vince would have 90% of the roster) is no one is a muscle man if everyone is.
If most guys are like 6'4 or 6'5 and body builders, all that happens is your big guys look normal, and your small guys look tiny. That's just lose-lose. Like Sheamus or Cesaro or Wade Barrett or Swagger are huge dudes, but they don't look huge on RAW.

Look at NXT, where most guys are "small guys" by WWE standards. That way, the small guys look normal and the big guys (like a Baron Corbin type) look huge. Isn't that way better?

Ithil

So Orton just turned face and replaced Ambrose in the number two spot. WWE has decided now is the ideal time to take Orton off TV for a month, because they just announced Orton will be starring in The Condemned 2 and filming soon.

Incredible sense of timing, WWE. And for a movie no one will watch.

Alucard

Banned
ROH announces toy licensing deal.
toyannouncement.jpg

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/ring-honor-announces-toy-licensing-deal

Baltimore, MD (October 28, 2014) – Ring of Honor Wrestling® (ROH) and Figures Toy Company today announced a licensing agreement to develop, market and manufacture a line of collectible figures and accessories based on the wrestlers and world of Ring of Honor Wrestling.

For the first time ever, Ring of Honor fans will be able to collect their favorite ROH wrestlers while younger fans can relive classic ROH matches and moments with some of ROH’s most popular stars now available in toy form. This will include a “throwback” line of figures as well as replica title belts.

“There’s been an overwhelming demand for a line of Ring of Honor figures and collectibles,” states Ring of Honor Chief Operating Officer Joe Koff. “Figures Toy Company has exceptional expertise in developing high quality goods. It’s really a fabulous opportunity for Ring of Honor and its fans.”

Ring of Honor will reveal the ROH Series 1 line of figures exclusively at: www.ROHwrestling.com shortly.

About Figures Toy Company:
Figures Toy Company is a premier manufacturer of officially licensed collectible figures based on the hottest sports and entertainment properties in the world. Figures Toy Company has the rights to Ring of Honor as well as several other global entertainment brands including: KISS, DC Comics, Conan the Barbarian, Dallas, Dukes of Hazzard and Gilligan’s Island among others. For further information, visit http://figurestoycompany.com.

About Ring of Honor Wrestling Entertainment, LLC:
Ring of Honor Wrestling is owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., the largest and one of the most diversified television broadcasting companies with affiliations across all the major networks. Sinclair's television group will reach approximately 38.1% of U.S. television households, including pending transactions.

Follow ROH on Twitter: @RingofHonor
Like ROH at: Facebook.com/RingofHonor

For more information on Ring of Honor, visit: www.ROHwrestling.com.

Check your local listings to see where you can watch Ring of Honor TV each and every week or subscribe and watch online at: www.ROHWrestling.com.

This could be cool. If "throwback" means we get to see classic Bryan Danielson, CM Punk, and Samoa Joe figures, I'm in for the nerdiness, though I wonder if they'll be allowed to do that. If not, I'm still down for an Adam Cole figure or a Kevin Steen.

Alucard

Banned
Unreal that they beat the likes of NJPW to the punch....

ROH has Final Battle to promote in less than two months, and that will likely be on traditional PPV. Good timing for this kind of announcement to keep their name in wrestling news until they start talking Final Battle.

But yeah, New Japan figures would be pretty sweet. I'd jump on a Kushida or Time Splitters combo.

Omega

Banned
Ready as thee FUCK for Lucha Underground. Hope others are too.

how are you guys watching this?

made a post about it earlier but it's not available on FiOS or any provider around here besides DirecTV. i don't have DTV or even know anyone that does..

and i couldn't find an online stream on their website so I guess that's out of the question..

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
how are you guys watching this?

made a post about it earlier but it's not available on FiOS or any provider around here besides DirecTV. i don't have DTV or even know anyone that does..

and i couldn't find an online stream on their website so I guess that's out of the question..

Dunno, I'll find a way.

I didn't watch any Raw last night except for a bit of Ziggler/Kane with no sound because it was on one of the TVs when I went into a bar to pick up dinner. Feels liberating friends.

Top Bottom