• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

That network number isn't surprising. It's actually much worse than I expected.

So who is Vince going to fire to make himself feel better?

Ryder? Fandango? Anyone else that hasn't been on tv in months I'm drawing a blank?

We might not see Brock til Mania where he drops the strap and they let his contract expire.

Ithil

What does this phrase even mean?

A story that moves slowly but has an end goal it gradually works towards. The WWE does not normally do slow burns, because they do not have end goals.

NXT, being taped monthly and not run by monkeys, is able to do this.

MC Safety

Yep. They are using Alexa Bliss too infrequently. And they are dragging out this Hideo Itami storyline.

The Ascension is a terrible tag team. Connor and Victor are two generic scary looking dudes with no charisma and no presence. I imagine they'd have trouble as part of any storyline.

Alucard

Banned
I know the meaning of slow burn in regards to being a slowly-paced storyline with a more rewarding payoff in the end, but I couldn't think of why "slow burn" was attached to it. Vince's grilling parallel jives with me.

somedevil

A story that moves slowly but has an end goal it gradually works towards. The WWE does not normally do slow burns, because they do not have end goals.

NXT, being taped monthly and not run by monkeys, is able to do this.

Yep, NXT is written by 2 people who write storylines that makes sense with little interference.

While Raw is written to please Vince who then rewrites the show like an hour before it airs.

This is why people like NXT.

Impact didn't track in the top 100. So the viewership is not going to be good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Ascension is a terrible tag team. Connor and Victor are two generic scary looking dudes with no charisma and no presence. I imagine they'd have trouble as part of any storyline.

Crazy talk - the only thing they DO have are presence and charisma. No real skills.

I know the meaning of slow burn in regards to being a slowly-paced storyline with a more rewarding payoff in the end, but I couldn't think of why "slow burn" was attached to it. Vince's grilling parallel jives with me.

Ah. It was said in jest due to the fact that Bryan was constantly getting beat and that eventually, he will get his. Posters here were mocking the people saying to wait. The earliest that I remember it being used here in a mocking fashion was during the CM Punk run vs Nash.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Ah. It was said in jest due to the fact that Bryan was constantly getting beat and that eventually, he will get his. Posters here were mocking the people saying to wait. The earliest that I remember it being used here in a mocking fashion was during the CM Punk run vs Nash.

No guys, Let's wait and see, I'm sure they have a plan for this, there's no way they could be stupid enough not to.

Alucard

Banned
The Bryan storyline was regularly bumbled by creative. It only had the payoff it did because of the fans. Does anyone honestly believe the WWE was making bad television to get more people on Bryan's side, or that he was purposely left off the Rumble for the same reasons? No. Unless every Batista and Bryan interview talking about that scenario has been a total work, they had no clue what they were doing with Bryan.

strobogo

Banned
Still taking OT title suggestions or I'm gonna have to pull a Sandman.

November Wrasslin: Zelda sucks

November Wrasslin: Ain't nothing but a G-Fex baby

November Wrasslin: Konnan. In 2014.

November Wrasslin: Commitment Free

November Wrasslin: Simplytheworst

Ithil

Their catchphrase makes no sense.
"We are the Ascension, and we will rise". The name kind of already implies the latter. Redundant.

"My name is Stone Cold Steve Austin, and I am cold as ice"

"We are the Brood, and we will nest"

"I am the Undertaker, and I will prepare bodies for funerals"

"I am Vampiro, and I will suck"

MC Safety

Crazy talk - the only thing they DO have are presence and charisma. No real skills.

Neither has any speaking ability. And please do not mistake size/physique/appearance for presence and/or charisma.

Their catchphrase makes no sense.
"We are the Ascension, and we will rise". The name kind of already implies the latter. Redundant.

"My name is Stone Cold Steve Austin, and I am cold as ice"

"We are the Brood, and we will nest"

"I am the Undertaker, and I will prepare bodies for funerals"

"I am Vampiro, and I will suck"

See? I had no idea they even had a catch phrase.

Kaladin

Ascension isn't terrible. They're average at best though. They're not bad in the ring but they're just cookie-cutter big men who look scary and work well together.

Give me Baron Corbin in a bigger role, then you'll see a big man that has IT.

hope you guys enjoy this forever

8-16-2012+3-36-00+PM.jpg

strobogo

Banned
Ascension sucks. There is a reason they were kept doing 3-5 minute squash matches for a year. It's the only thing they can do. They finally get put into a real angle and have to do some real work and surprise surprise, they suck.

The Corbin dude hasn't done anything but squashes. It's way too soon to say he has IT. The promos with wolves and motorcycles are sending him out to a bad start. When he has a real match, then his IT factor can be decided. A big dude like that who looks like a super bad ass in 30 second matches, but looks like shit in a 10 minute match is going to have a lot harder time recovering from someone like Enzo not being good at the wrestling part.

That network number isn't surprising. It's actually much worse than I expected.

So who is Vince going to fire to make himself feel better?

Ryder? Fandango? Anyone else that hasn't been on tv in months I'm drawing a blank?

We might not see Brock til Mania where he drops the strap and they let his contract expire.

Ryder's never getting fired. At this point it's the only thing that would make him happy, which is why it's the one thing he can't be allowed to have.

Kaladin

The Corbin dude hasn't done anything but squashes. It's way too soon to say he has IT. The promos with wolves and motorcycles are sending him out to a bad start. When he has a real match, then his IT factor can be decided. A big dude like that who looks like a super bad ass in 30 second matches, but looks like shit in a 10 minute match is going to have a lot harder time recovering from someone like Enzo not being good at the wrestling part.

You're right, we haven't seen yet if he has the ability to go for a longer duration. But he has something a lot of guys lack and that is presence. He can take those 30 seconds he's given and come off as a total bad ass. That's puts him as someone to watch in my book.

Marvel

could never
They 'aint scary, BULL is scary.

That fucking ring gear

Kaladin

The WWE tag division: on repeat 4 months at a time.

Is the NXT tag division any better?

New tag team gets built up as possible #1 contenders

They get over with fans

Defeat champs and become new champs

Champs defend till new team gets over with the fans and defeats them, repeat process.

strobogo

Banned
I'd say NXT's has been worse because it has been a year of Ascension doing squashes with a match against a real time once ever 3 months. At least the Usos got to have real matches, even if it was the same match with the same 2 teams over and over. Has NXT even had a real tag team since Ascension won the belts? Sure seems like they've all been make shift teams. Even Lucha Dragons was randomly thrown together one night and seemed to kind of work out, even though the Sin Cara mask is a curse that sucks all the good right out of whoever wears it.

Kaladin

I'd say NXT's has been worse because it has been a year of Ascension doing squashes with a match against a real time once ever 3 months. At least the Usos got to have real matches, even if it was the same match with the same 2 teams over and over. Has NXT even had a real tag team since Ascension won the belts? Sure seems like they've all been make shift teams. Even Lucha Dragons was randomly thrown together one night and seemed to kind of work out, even though the Sin Cara mask is a curse that sucks all the good right out of whoever wears it.

The Vaudevillains?

You forget that even Ascension was thrown together. They've just been together a while since then.

Top Bottom