• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Alucard

Banned
Holy shit, I'm in love with Lucha Underground just 20 minutes in.

Sexy Star's backstory is very direct, not PG, and easy to get behind.

Weird that she would lose after such an awesome hype video, though.

HeySeuss

MeanWhile in Japan

tumblr_n5i3hdiDv41tt2jjyo1_r1_500.gif

1. What'd William Regal do to his hair, and 2. When did he win a belt? Good for him, well deserved!

Hasney

Holy shit, I'm in love with Lucha Underground just 20 minutes in.

Sexy Star's backstory is very direct, not PG, and easy to get behind.

Weird that she would lose after such an awesome hype video, though.

Yeah, I was thinking it was going to be a slamdunk win, especially with Son of Havoc getting the jobber entrance. The thing that gave me hope was the fact that everything else had a reason, so she may end up jobbing for a while until she gets a big win and then push on from there.

somedevil

It took me most of that Sexy Star match to realise her opponent was Matt Cross. The beard should've given it away sooner.

Was his voice always that deep?

The whole thing with Sexy Star is weird. They give her this great promo package. Her opponent talks down to her.

So she then loses to a back breaker while Matt Striker in mid sentence saying how pretty impressive she was.

So you build her up to lose to a basic wrestling move?

Aiii

So not worth it
Was his voice always that deep?

The whole thing with Sexy Star is weird. They give her this great promo package. Her opponent talks down to her.

So she then loses to a back breaker while Matt Striker in mid sentence saying how pretty impressive she was.

So you build her up to lose to a basic wrestling move?

Slow build, perhaps?

I think they gimmicked his voice, I believe.

tm24

It's interesting but I doubt I'm going to stick with it long term. Vampiro is awful and the first match with Chavo and Blue Demon was just boring. Their roster seems pretty weak all together past a few standouts.
The first few shows are rough, but then picks up tremendously as the good Luchadors mix it up with other people

Omega

Banned
Del Rio claimed one WWE Superstar, who was not named but also has a brother in the company, told him that he worked a Superstars match, a long RAW match, a promo on RAW and then a dark match at the end of the show and got just $500 for it. He also mentioned wrestlers getting paid $2,000 for a four-show tour of Mexico. He said the young WWE talents are not unhappy about things but not completely happy either, but have no other choice.

So this has to be Bo Dallas I assume?

I can't see Kane, Goldust or Stardust getting paid that little. not sure who else has a brother but he seems to be the most likely candidate

Ok, so the first episode of Lucha Underground was good, not great.

Chavo/Blue Demon was sloppy

Sexy Star has a good character and good in-ring ability, so i don't know why she lost to the guy with no personality

Main event was good, but more than a little flippy dippy. Starship Pain is still garbage. Lol Ezekiel Jackson.

Boss guy was DOPE

I really liked the tv show style

Matt Striker was actually pretty good. Vampiro not so much

Ew Konnan

Will watch next week

She came from a world of abuse and thought of suicide. Then she put on a mask and now does this for every girl out there.

Then loses to a backbreaker :/

Ahhhh, gotcha. Sounds like an underdog thing. Odd that she lost to Havoc though. AND BACKBROKEN

So this has to be Bo Dallas I assume?

I can't see Kane, Goldust or Stardust getting paid that little. not sure who else has a brother but he seems to be the most likely candidate

KANE?!

JavyOO7

The WWE Network will hit some road blocks but I feel in the end it will turn out to be a worthy investment. I hope WWE goes through these tough waters and not give up on the thing.

The tech side of the WWE Network on the other hand...

Anth0ny

Cole: Yes, it's true double you double you e universe, if you sign up now to the double you double you e network, you can get the the first month FREE! That's right, FREE! How much JBL?

JBL: FREE MAGGLE

Cole: And king?

King: Absolutely FREE! Does that include pay per views? Are you telling me I can see the amazing main event of survivor series that involves John Cena taking on the Authority for FREE?

Cole: that's right double you double you e survivor series for FREE, not to mention all of the great double you double you e original content like double you double you e countdown and double you double you e rivalries. All this for FREE. And remember, if you're paying $54.99 for Survivor Series, you're a sucker.

Alucard

Banned
Just finished Lucha Underground episode 1. Some thoughts...

-I have a feel for every single character that was presented to me on this episode.
-The production is top notch.
-The commentary is very good. Striker is well-versed, and Vampiro is passable, if not a bit too short at times.
-The main event was hyyyyype.
-The guy who plays Dario Cueto is perfect in his role as the blood-thirsty promoter.
-Sexy Star's backstory is a great modern day girl power narrative.
-The episode flew by and I was engaged by every segment.

Very good first episode. Looking forward to seeing where they go from here.

somedevil

The first episode was okay. The match between Puma and Mundo was good. I liked the announcing.

Its interesting that there backstage segments are shot like soap opera's. Its kinda of cheesy with the background music.

The ending was pure American wrestling with a heel beatdown with a heel authority figure.

joelseph

The overhead camera angle is overdone. Enjoy the announcing, such a contrast to the WWE product. Like the overall production quality, the cheese is endearing.

Okay so I'm in love with the Lucha Underground concept. I'd be a little happier with a better commentary team, Striker/Vampiro really lean on insider termz but they're still better than the Lemon Party on Raw commentary.

Also funny - I could tell from the opening shot that it was a Mark Burnett show and then his name popped up. Really it doesn't follow his pattern too much, but it's still nice to see outsider takes on Wrestling production

Does anyone remember what episode/match it was when Bryan started Yessing again

December 19th, 2011 Raw

You know what... Lucha Underground is okay with me. I just got done with the Sexy Star match. Surprised at hell that she lost considering the build up she got.

Edit: Well, I certainly don't miss Johnny Mundo one bit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Boots, is Icewind Dale EE better done than the Baldur's Gate ones?

Kaladin

I'm tempted to re-sub to the network, but the product is shit and I can still watch NXT on Hulu.

They also need to up their game on rolling out old episodes of Raw and Nitro on there.

Alucard

Banned
Btw, I think that people being surprised by Sexy Star losing in her debut is part of the point.

I read some reviews which were surprised that Puma lost after his build in the episode, but it makes total sense from a particular perspective. We're supposed to be pissed/annoyed that "the good guys" lost.

I'm looking forward to Mundo's promo next week.

I think Lucha Underground and ROH may be my wrestling shows of choice until at least Mania.

Top Bottom