• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Vylash

It's Monday!

you know what that means!

maxresdefault.jpg

RP912

Banned
I really wish Raw would go back to 2 hours. Or Ted Turner would fund another wrestling promotion again.

Ted: Well I'm looking forward to working with teh Total Nonstop Action and WE'RE GOING TO KICK WWE'S BUTT.

Tenay: Welcome to Monday Nite Impactro...and *cues cult of personality* HOLY SHATTT IT'S CP MOUNK

THE STRAIGHT EDGE WARRIOR

RP912

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;133103033 said:
Don't know why they can't just have hour one devoted to undercard or some shit.

Throw sheamus out there for a segment too to keep USA happy.

Man I would watch a whole hour dedicated to Zack Ryder, Justin Gab, and the rest of the jobbers over two hours of Triple H expressing changes in the business.

Sephzilla

Ted: Well I'm looking forward to working with teh Total Nonstop Action and WE'RE GOING TO KICK WWE'S BUTT.

Tenay: Welcome to Monday Nite Impactro...and *cues cult of personality* HOLY SHATTT IT'S CP MOUNK

THE STRAIGHT EDGE WARRIOR

Punk - You know who I am and you damn well know why I'm here. Hi Vince!

WWE was asked for Raw to be 3 hours and they complied.

I thought it was USA that wanted 3 hour Raws actually?

strobogo

Banned
The Twin Peaks revival is the best news John Cena won his very first WWE Championship at Wrestlemania 21, ushering in the Cena Era and becoming the most dominant champion since Bruno Sammartino.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So people talk about how the WCW mentioning the competition is a bad thing on one Nitro was such a horrendous thing.

But Vince has been running these awful billionaire Ted skits for WEEKS now. Not just once. But constantly he runs these things on the 96 Raws. And the hilarity of one of the Wrasslin War Rooms ending with 'Where there's no old guys and everyone is natural' or whatever and the Huckster saying they can take steroids because it's not in the WWF. NOT BY CHOICE, VINCE. YOU KNOW THAT SHIT AINT YOUR PREFERENCE MR WBF

strobogo

Banned
So people talk about how the WCW mentioning the competition is a bad thing on one Nitro was such a horrendous thing.

But Vince has been running these awful billionaire Ted skits for WEEKS now. Not just once. But constantly he runs these things on the 96 Raws. And the hilarity of one of the Wrasslin War Rooms ending with 'Where there's no old guys and everyone is natural' or whatever and the Huckster saying they can take steroids because it's not in the WWF. NOT BY CHOICE, VINCE. YOU KNOW THAT SHIT AINT YOUR PREFERENCE MR WBF

Yeah, Vince's pettiness and hypocrisy towards...everything really, is bordering on legendary tier. Those skits are better when you flash forward 18 years and WM 30 is built around 45 year old HHH, 45 year old Batista returning after 4 years, 49 year old Undertaker, John Cena (who has been on top and doing the same thing for 9 years), Randy Orton (same thing), and Brock Lesnar, who was a top guy a decade prior. This is after 2 years of bringing The Rock back, and STILL bringing out Hogan on a fairly regular basis.

Alucard

Banned
Watching some quick bits of this week's ROH TV.

Adam Cole carries himself like a champion.
AdamColeBaybay.gif

Tommaso Ciampa goes nuts on ring announcer Bobby Cruz. He was suspended for this. He hit SEVEN running knee strikes on Cruz.
CiampaCruzKnees.gif

Looking forward to watching the full episode.

strobogo

Banned
Are they really making that much extra money?

Every main event has 3 commercial breaks.

In a 3 hour show, there are about 45 minutes of commercials. As opposed to 25-30 minutes of commercials in a 2 hour show. That's a lot of extra money. All they have to do is add 3-5 minutes to every match.

Fox318

absolutely, the third hour is huge money.

But their ratings have gone down since 2001?

They celebrated the 4.0 they got last week like it was the most amazing thing of all time.

Wouldn't they be better off producing a better product instead of depending on Cena school backpacks and ad revenue off of a main event match on raw?

abundant

They celebrated the 4.0 they got last week like it was the most amazing thing of all time.

Wouldn't they be better off producing a better product instead of depending on Cena school backpacks and ad revenue off of a main event match on raw?

Ratings have been down everywhere since 2001. A 4.0 is huge for a Cable show. For instance, Suits rarely breaks 3.0 and even shows like South Park barely breaks 3.0.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Still absolutely worth doing that third hour. I thiiiiink @mookieghana once went over why it would be foolish to ever expect the third hour to go away. It's just simply worth more money, guaranteed.

Top Bottom