• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW MONDAY NITRO 8/19/96

• VK Wallstreet vs Jim DOOGUN
  • Robert Eaton vs Chris Benoit
  • Disco Inferno vs Scott Norton
  • Steven Regal vs That Motherfucker Dean Malenko
  • Public Enemy vs Nasty Boys
  • DDP vs Chavo Guerrero Jr
  • American Males vs Harlem Heat WCW Tag Team Championships
  • Arn Anderson/Ric Flair vs Sting/Lex Luger
  • The Giant vs Randy Savage

Weak show. The two main events never even happened. No live nWo presence. TMF/Regal was fun, and Sting/Lex vs Flair/Arn turned into a great promo segment with some of Sting's best promo work. Still, the rest of the show was ass.

WWE should send their super green NXT guys on year-long "learning excursions" like New Japan do - hell, make a show of it for the Network; sort of like a video diary with guys like Mojo getting shipped out to foreign promotions, recording their experiences and travels and charting their progress as performers. WWE's obsessed with everyone working their style, when what makes a great performer is being exposed to and learning how to work with a whole host of different styles. That's why guys like Itami and Balor can jump right in with little preparation, because they're already well travelled, experienced performers who've learned to be adaptable and have gone around the world honing their craft. Something a guy like Mojo hasn't and won't ever have the benefit of.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's weird seeing "legit shook" used in other topics here by posters who aren't the marks that are active here.

We busted our asses putting it in the lexicon. Now we in there, and there's no complaints.

We owned Legit Shook and we give freely.

Sami Zayn's theme song is now my alarm clock and I wake up happy every morning.

Not that I don't wake up happy most days, but that theme certainly helps.

That sounds like such an empty life. There is no joy in this world Aiii. If you feel happy, you are lying to yourself. Life is suffering.

Ithil

This girl, Zahra Schreiber, has apparently just been officially signed to NXT.

2886rmoa1uwy.jpg

She's been in several tryouts dating back to last year.

Aiii

So not worth it
That sounds like such an empty life. There is no joy in this world Aiii. If you feel happy, you are lying to yourself. Life is suffering.

Come on now Vinny Mac, life is fun. I bought some more L-sized clothing yesterday and felt good about myself, that is joyful, right? I have a kitten in the house, and that is joyful:
Now who could not find joy in kittens? Are you a monster Vinny Mac?

bjork

This girl, Zahra Schreiber, has apparently just been officially signed to NXT.

She's been in several tryouts dating back to last year.

I like her look, but will WWE have a heavily tattooed woman on their show without making her a vampire or in a costume or something?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Come on now Vinny Mac, life is fun. I bought some more L-sized clothing yesterday and felt good about myself, that is joyful, right? I have a kitten in the house, and that is joyful:

Now who could not find joy in kittens? Are you a monster Vinny Mac?

Kittens are nice, but loneliness is FOREVER

I like her look, but will WWE have a heavily tattooed woman on their show without making her a vampire or in a costume or something?

I'm ok with bringing back vampires. Or maybe a ghost wrestler. I wouldn't mind seeing someone with a legit ghost gimmick.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Rosa Mendez is on the front page of Yahoo. Pretty awesome.

ltkFdF5.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone feel like mining TNA's past for Tanahashi, Naito, and Okada's work?
fwcSrDF.jpg

RP912

Banned
Rosa on front page of yahoo and Vince talking about changing the rules of Total Divas cast members not getting the belt.

Rosa about to win the big one friends :D

WWE should send their super green NXT guys on year-long "learning excursions" like New Japan do - hell, make a show of it for the Network; sort of like a video diary with guys like Mojo getting shipped out to foreign promotions, recording their experiences and travels and charting their progress as performers. WWE's obsessed with everyone working their style, when what makes a great performer is being exposed to and learning how to work with a whole host of different styles. That's why guys like Itami and Balor can jump right in with little preparation, because they're already well travelled, experienced performers who've learned to be adaptable and have gone around the world honing their craft. Something a guy like Mojo hasn't and won't ever have the benefit of.

That would require the WWE to acknowledge that good wrestling can be found anywhere else. Besides, they want them to wrestle that specific WWE style.

RP912

Banned
So I was watching some of the 9.99 network this weekend and it hit me that I'm starting to hate WWE more than usual lately I'm tired of the basic ass movesets that the roster has to use to appeal to a certain audience, I'm tired of the underbelts getting treated like 3rd prize badges instead of prestige rewards, I'm tired of cena and his played out jean shorts with the boring yet creative marketing shirts, I'm tired of the corporation 2.0, I'm tired of boring tag teams, I'm tired of tag team breakups, I'm tired of stable breakups, I'm tired of fast food feuds, I'm tired of pushes for younger promising talent meeting a dead end of Cena, and I'm tired of Vince Mcmahon and his ugly neon colored suits.

Tonight's the Night

Aiii

So not worth it
So I was watching some of the 9.99 network this weekend and it hit me that I'm starting to hate WWE more than usual lately I'm tired of the basic ass movesets that the roster has to use to appeal to a certain audience, I'm tired of the underbelts getting treated like 3rd prize badges instead of prestige rewards, I'm tired of cena and his played out jean shorts with the boring yet creative marketing shirts, I'm tired of the corporation 2.0, I'm tired of boring tag teams, I'm tired of tag team breakups, I'm tired of stable breakups, I'm tired of fast food feuds, I'm tired of pushes for younger promising talent meeting a dead end of Cena, and I'm tired of Vince Mcmahon and his ugly neon colored suits.

Preach, brother.

Tattoos on women are normally a turn off for me, but this lady is one of the exceptions that makes it work.

Yep, oddly appealing.

strobogo

Banned
That would require the WWE to acknowledge that good wrestling can be found anywhere else. Besides, they want them to wrestle that specific WWE style.

It really doesn't make a whole lot of sense for WWE to really partner up with other companies. They're the biggest company in the world by a whole lot. Pairing up and then having their guys lose to NJPW/AAA guys makes no sense for them. I mean, a NJ/WWE super show would have benefits for both companies (help reignite WWE's popularity in Japan, help NJ's popularity outside of Japan), but not enough that it would be worth it to risk injuries and the politics of who wins what matches.

The pain, so unexpected and undeserved had for some reason cleared away the cobwebs. I realized I didn't hate the 9.99, I hated the E... the pandering, the faces, the cena, the power suits. Nothing would ever change; nothing new could ever be expected. It had to end, and it did. now in the dark world where I dwell, ugly things, and gimmick things, and sometimes little ultraviolent things, spill out in me constantly, and I can count on JAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYZUS.

RP912

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;133099235 said:
The pain, so unexpected and undeserved had for some reason cleared away the cobwebs. I realized I didn't hate the 9.99, I hated the E... the pandering, the faces, the cena, the power suits. Nothing would ever change; nothing new could ever be expected. It had to end, and it did. now in the dark world where I dwell, ugly things, and gimmick things, and sometimes little ultraviolent things, spill out in me constantly, and I can count on JAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYZUS.

slow-clap-gif.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Whole lot of control issues here about a woman's decision to get ink. Shame shame, were supposed to be more progressive than that. Be A Star, pal.

strobogo

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;133099235 said:

iKqYQCiJfYlgM.gif

Top Bottom