• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

DMczaf

kharma-wwe-kia-stevens-awesome-kong.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That Oculus Rift needs to have an official release already. I wanna mess with that Alien Isolation mod and the Euro Truck SImulator support.

Aiii

So not worth it
That Oculus Rift needs to have an official release already. I wanna mess with that Alien Isolation mod and the Euro Truck SImulator support.

I know I've been down on VR as THE FUTURE OF ENTERTAINMENT. But yes, Euro Truck Sim with VR would be awesome.

Also, guys, Driveclub is AMAZING. Especially with a wheel, it's the perfect racing game.

Hasney

Be careful Aiii, there was a big debate about talking about going off topic in the F1 thread last time. I even suggested that it could be like WrassleGAF where we talk about anything, but they wouldn't have it.

As for Driveclub, gotta wait for tomorrow... Grumble.

Aiii

So not worth it
Be careful Aiii, there was a big debate about talking about going off topic in the F1 thread last time. I even suggested that it could be like WrassleGAF where we talk about anything, but they wouldn't have it.

As for Driveclub, gotta wait for tomorrow... Grumble.

Oh, it's gonna be a fight? Awesome! Didn't know those guys hated "offtopic" talk about racing games in their racing league thread, that's gonna be a fun discussion.

But yeah, Driveclub is awesome, reviews be damned!

Dragon Gate in an hour, time to see if this Nicovideo shit works properly;

Dragon Gate, "GATE OF VICTORY", 2014.10.09
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv194426232 - 1,500 points

1. Jimmy Susumu, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin & Jimmy Kagetora vs. Super Shisa, Shachihoko BOY, Yosuke♡Santa Maria & Yuga Hayashi
2. Ryotsu Shimizu vs. Punch Tominaga
3. T-Hawk & Eita vs. YAMATO & Mondai Ryu
4. Open the Brave Gate #1 Contender Match: K-ness vs. Jimmy Kanda
5~7. Dia Hearts vs. MONSTER EXPRESS 3 Singles Match Series: BxB Hulk, Masaaki Mochizuki & Dragon Kid vs. Masato Yoshino, Akira Tozawa & Shingo Takagi
*The 3 singles match pairings will be decided by random lottery at bell time
8. Open the Triangle Gate Championship Match: Naruki Doi, Kzy & Cyber Kong vs. CIMA, Don Fujii & Gamma

But yeah, Driveclub is awesome, reviews be damned!

I knew I'd like it as soon as I read reviewers complaining about the difficulty, whining about the lack of rewind cheats and advocating a tacked on open world as a major improvement. The hobbyist press are insufferable and out of touch.

Aiii

So not worth it
The Rock, in an interview taped backstage on 10/6 at Raw and airing on the Smackdown 15th anniversary show on 10/10, teased the idea of a WrestleMania match with HHH on 3/29 at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara.

The match will be first teased at the start of Smackdown, when Stephanie McMahon, appearing live, talked about how Rock was the one who came up with the term “Smackdown,” that became the name of the show, but how her husband, HHH had beaten The Rock before.

During Smackdown, a backstage vignette aired with Rock, HHH and Stephanie. They talked about the first episode of Smackdown (actually it was the second episode because the show debuted on April 29, 1999 with a single episode show before it became a regular series on UPN in the fall). But WWE history has forgotten that first episode so the second episode, main evented by Rock vs. HHH, has become the first-ever Smackdown main event. HHH beat Rock in that match, which HHH brought up. Rock brought up that he gave HHH a rock bottom through the table. They brought up different matches from their past, some of which Rock won and some of which HHH won. Rock then brought up that he would win if they wrestled in the main event at WrestleMania this year. WWE isn’t going to tease something in that direction if it’s not the planned direction.

Not sure if hyped or dissapointed.

Browny

Banned
Welp... That's a bummer, still better than Russo though.

There's still every opportunity to put something on a pole - a "King Of Smackdown" plaque, perhaps.

I can't see too much of a problem with it at face value; Rock doesn't need to put anyone over after launching the career of that great rookie, Juan Sina. And H can still go.

Main event? Nope. But if Taker doesn't make it, then I can see "legend match-ups" being a good attraction.

Other WM predictions:

Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins
Kane vs. Daniel Bryan
Big Show vs. The Miz
Hardyz vs. Dudleys vs. The Usos
30 man battle royal (that contains both the US Champ and IC Champ)

Alucard

Banned
There are a lof fresh matches out there once Bryan and Reigns come back. And if/when Batista comes back. And if/when Barrett comes back. (maybe)

But we're still going to get HHH and The Rock. In 2015.

Alien Isolation isn't a mod... it's native in engine support (even though the game clearly wasn't designed specifically for VR) and it is amazing.

The DK1 and the DK2 have been some of the shrewdest gaming purchases I've ever made. The future is now my friends, at least if you've got a Dev Kit 2 ;)

Spelunky is free on PS+. Everyone go play Spelunky.

In order to not be off topic I guess Spelunky is rad but I guess it could have more wrestling stuff in it.

I don't think there are characters with luchadore masks, which is a shame. There's the gold covered in gold who could be Goldust if you squint really hard.

You guys are the best. Thank you for the congrats. Especially you Bronson.

It's not as simple as it sounds. The company I've working at currently is pushing for me to land a job in their networking department. It would be my big break in specializing in networking. BUT I will have to work overnights.

This new place is general support (not answering phones), server/exchange administration, and I will work closely with the networking team. (Perhaps it will lead to a position in networking). The hours are 9 to 5.

I worked really hard to get that promotion. It's difficult to just walk away from it. But I'm not sure about those hours. Then I remind myself there's more than one way to be a success in IT.

Nov2013L.gif

Learn from the best. Get that money, and jealously protect your spot.

Top Bottom