• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

RP912

Banned
Btw
norton.jpg

Nortonvember

Spelunky is free on PS+. Everyone go play Spelunky.

In order to not be off topic I guess Spelunky is rad but I guess it could have more wrestling stuff in it.

RP912

Banned
Spelunky is the shit but goddamn the game is hard as balls. It's taking me a whole year to get the key to the damn dude so I can have a way to get to the 4th level.

That's nice. Where is Drive Club?

oooh.....

Those damn server issues.

Aka "the servers we are using to authorise sales of this game are not being used and thats a issue. Delay the free version to get a few inpatient people to buy it. Oh god why is everyone at Evolution studios polishing their CV's and updating their LinkIn profiles. "

What annoys me is that they've been getting regular 15 minute matches at house shows which everyone is raving about, but we get 3 move crap fests on TV and barely 5 minutes at the PPV.

Yeah, that too.

Power Utivember

It's pretty good but not Fav 5 NXT Themes good

It's a big improvement over this

Eww.

It's amazing to me that Vince McMahon has this incredible disdain for Southern people. Yet so many of his closest confidants are Southern guys.

Vince is ashamed of his roots but on the inside he's still stereotypical white trash.

strobogo

Banned
Hahahahaha! No! What?!

Happened at an MSG show last year. But before Book called him to the ring, he said that Hayes had sold the building out many times over. I think the Freebirds made like..3 or 4 appearances at MSG, definitely not as headliners.

The Observer says Rock vs HHH is something they are actually building for Mania. Besides Reigns/Lesnar, nothing has been planned yet.

Also, Summerslam's international buys were over inflated initially:

A correction from last week regarding the SummerSlam PPV numbers. The domestic number reported of 63,000 was correct, but the overseas number, which seemed ridiculously high, was because it was. The total PPV buys outside of North America for the show were 82,000, not 115,000, so the overall total was 145,000.

Also, TNA MADE A PLAY FOR CM PUNK. They would have made him the top star of the company, and paid him Hogan money to come. Punk apparently had no interest. Also, things not looking good at TNA because Spike canceled them, other networks aren't as interested.

Arena merchandise sellers, in order: Cena (greatly outdistancing everyone else), Reigns, Usos, Wyatt Family, Lesnar, Sting, Sheamus, Bryan, Ambrose and Hogan.

Online merchandise sellers, in order: Cena (again by a wide margin), Ambrose, Reigns, Lesnar, Austin, A.J. Lee, Bryan, Brie Bella, Hogan and Warrior. No Dwayne Johnson, Orton or Undertaker on either list.

Randy Orton apparently has a new deal with WWE where he doesn't have to work full time on house shows anymore.

somedevil

Forgot this part:

It is believed the other main event is still set up as Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns for the WWE title. It’s unclear if Rusev is being groomed for Cena, but that was also something that had been talked about. It’s impossible to know right now how hot the Reigns chase will be, or if they’ll change directions and go with Dean Ambrose. It’s also unclear how Daniel Bryan fits into this, which, like this past year, depends a lot more on the fans pushing his position.

Cena vs Lesnar again doesn't make sense.. So if the fans want Brock vs Bryan they got to hijack the show again.

Omega

Banned
Sons of Anarchy and Raw are the dumbest shows on TV and I'm going to watch their stupid shit right to the end

why?

i bailed on SoA after last season. i just couldn't anymore. I wanted to see it to the end but that last season was so bad, perhaps the worst season of TV ever

kirblar

why?

i bailed on SoA after last season. i just couldn't anymore. I wanted to see it to the end but that last season was so bad, perhaps the worst season of TV ever
After S3/4 of SoA they just started recycling the same plot beats over and over and over again to the point where you just don't care anymore. It's bad, but it's not the worst ever- it's just boring.

RBH

From Meltzer:

For whatever this is worth, TNA, through an intermediary who is friends with C.M. Punk, made a play for him just like they did for Alberto Del Rio several weeks back. The idea pitched was a huge deal to be the top star of the company and money similar to Hogan, with the idea he could be their flagship guy and if he signed now, could help them broker a stronger television deal.

The Big Show Russian flag apology thing was actually part of an angle and nothing more.

An interesting note and I’m not sure how this would hold up in court, but in the WWE contracts, if someone is fired for failing three drug tests (which nobody has ever done, and they allow you to redeem and erase one strike by following certain procedures, which some called the Randy Orton rule since he had two and the feeling is they would never let him go) there is the same one year non-compete clause in effect and the company doesn’t have to pay you for the year. It’s the same as a disciplinary breach like happened with Del Rio.

For last month, the best sellers when it came to arena merchandise were, in order: Cena (greatly outdistancing everyone else), Reigns, Usos, Wyatt Family, Lesnar, Sting, Sheamus, Bryan, Ambrose and Hogan. The feeling is the house show merchandise better reflects who to push because they are purchases made by more general fans, and more merchandise is sold at venues than on the Internet. The key notes were the strength of the Usos, Lesnar doing so well as a heel, Bryan’s numbers falling greatly now that he’s not on TV and the success of Sting. The key is Sting merchandise, which never sold all that well in WCW or TNA, is doing great in WWE even though he’s never appeared live on a WWE television show. It definitely increases the perception of his value for WrestleMania. On the web site, the top ten are Cena (again by a wide margin), Ambrose, Reigns, Lesnar, Austin, A.J. Lee, Bryan, Brie Bella, Hogan and Warrior. No Dwayne Johnson, Orton or Undertaker on either list.

the company was not happy when photos of Mysterio at the Lucha Underground show and later at dinner with some of the people from the promotion showed up, before being taken down, since Mysterio is still under contract to WWE.

When Cena was on “The Today Show,” he said he loved being a part of WWE and always being on the road, as that is his life. He said he wouldn’t want to short his family or partner by putting them in a position to say “I was never there for you.”

Top Bottom