• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Alucard

Banned
They'll probably sell it in 5 parts.

We're getting a free preview of the Network channel in Canada right now, and they showed one of the episodes, and I really enjoyed it. Would love to have something like that in my collection. I'm sure it'll hit other avenues eventually too, I guess.

Alucard

Banned
Oh my god, why would you want this?

Edit - the Canadian thing explains it. It gets so much worse from that first episode. You have no idea.

Really, eh? Like...just repetitive? 'Cause I was already a bit tired of hearing The Miz say "No way! He's there now too?!" to just about every guy who jumped from WWE to WCW.

strobogo

Banned
Really, eh? Like...just repetitive? 'Cause I was already a bit tired of hearing The Miz say "No way! He's there now too?!" to just about every guy who jumped from WWE to WCW.

Do you own any WWE documentary DVDS? It's made up almost exclusively of those, with talking heads cut into them.

Alucard

Banned
Do you own any WWE documentary DVDS? It's made up almost exclusively of those, with talking heads cut into them.

Just The Triumph and Tragedy of WCCW, but I've seen The Rise and Fall docs on youtube.

So are the rest of the Monday Night Wars episodes just lazy or what?

Yeah it's just a lot of the same old footage we've seen a lot with the same old interviews cut up in the same old ways all the way through. It repeats a lot of stuff. There are some great parts, but you never really know how true the stories are since there's so much obvious bullshit too.

Honestly Countdown is a better show, and even that's a drag, but at least with the new season they've got new interviews now.

Cagey

Banned
Watching the nxt episode tonight, Itami looks concussed halfway through the match.

Edit: loooool @ Hey Arnold stoop kid joke from Big Cass.

Alucard

Banned
Yeah it's just a lot of the same old footage we've seen a lot with the same old interviews cut up in the same old ways all the way through. It repeats a lot of stuff. There are some great parts, but you never really know how true the stories are since there's so much obvious bullshit too.

I don't doubt that. The WWE will always make themselves look like the good guys.

That's too bad, though. The first episode was quite good despite some of the obvious pro-WWE stuff. (and them showing Robocop helping Sting in WCW)

The weirdest part of Monday Night War to me is how they consistently shit-talk 1995 WWE for being out of touch, but the current product's got worse cartoon characters who are even less relatable. So much of what I see on Raw isn't even as good as the silly shit they did on 1995 Raw.

Alucard

Banned
The weirdest part of Monday Night War to me is how they consistently shit-talk 1995 WWE for being out of touch, but the current product's got worse cartoon characters who are even less relatable. So much of what I see on Raw isn't even as good as the silly shit they did on 1995 Raw.

Are you saying you want to see the Max Moon return tour?

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Have you watched any 1995 RAWS?

Have you watched any RAW

in

2014?

This Hyperbole is out of line and will not be tolerated in the laid back Diesel filled NASHVEMBER OT.

I think I've watched every 2014 Raw. There are far too many animals, dancers, generic colorful guys, and basic heels.

Also what the fuck are any of these women doing? Paige doesn't ever look like she even wants to be a wrestler or like she gives a fuck about winning a match, because she wants to fuck AJ or something.

Honestly Countdown is a better show, and even that's a drag, but at least with the new season they've got new interviews now.

Nothing's worse than Vince trying to make viewers believe the DX tank moment was something truly epic when it really wasn't.

strobogo

Banned
Stro-bro, did you see this bullshit? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909584

"1. It takes a lot of alcohol to get me drunk (3-4 bottles of whiskey, vodka, brandy or whatever, or 3-5 six packs of lagers taken continuously)

2. Not only do I not get hangover, I sober up within 2 hours of not taken any alcohol"

There's no way this guy is telling the truth.

isOidzBO8JCQI.gif

I think there are people who metabolize the alcohol so fast they don't get drunk. Let's say he can't get drunk for some wacky reason. 3-5 bottles of any alcohol (assuming he's talking about 5ths) would probably come close to killing someone. He's talking about drinking a GALLON of hard alcohol in one sitting. Even if he can't get drunk, you'd still have a lethal BAC level. Once you're in the .20 and up range, you're in trouble. I would imagine a gallon of whiskey even of the course of several hours would be possibly lethal even for Andre The Giant.

Hasney

Just found out I missed a bunch of CZW guys at a show here a couple of days ago. Would have been worth £10 to see them kill themselves I'm sure.

I'm guessing the Monday Night War series is over?

No, their scheduling sucks and they take breaks in all their seasons. They do it with Countdown all the time.

Alucard

Banned
I think I've watched every 2014 Raw. There are far too many animals, dancers, generic colorful guys, and basic heels.

Also what the fuck are any of these women doing? Paige doesn't ever look like she even wants to be a wrestler or like she gives a fuck about winning a match, because she wants to fuck AJ or something.

Yeah, it hasn't been great. It's a 3-hour variety show. That has to produce new content. Every damn week.

The Divas are still bad even though they're getting more TV time. Their scripts are obviously being written by old horny men.

Alucard

Banned
Guys, I'm at the bus station and I seriously can't remember whether Paige or AJ is the Divas champ right now, and I don't care.

Top Bottom