• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Mods to sunny

jhwrij.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I got the OK.

Let's see what develops.

Heh.

HEH!

Though I don't think WWE has ever done anything as shady as host an event in Qatar.

I never liked the sport as a kid and I like it a lot less now because of all this.
I assume you're being sarky, but in case not...
PWInsider.com is reporting that the WWE Divas did not appear at last night’s house show event in Qatar because of the strict dress laws in the country.

It is prohibited in Qatar for women to appear in public without their legs and shoulders covered, so as a result, the WWE Divas were sent home early from the over seas tour.
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/165837-why-the-wwe-divas-did-not-appear-at-qatar-live-event

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How's this for a decent thread?

"Soccer needs an XFL-like presentation to be fun again"

"Would soccer benefit from XFL ideas to make it more enjoyable?"

After losing several games in FIFA to friends, I respect soccer for it's creativity and the drama it CAN create. I can fully understand all the love and all the hate it gets and I don't know if you guys are just joking or not, but I find the term "sport for poor people" completely close-minded and just plain shitty. Most definitely heard that thrown around here. Probably Vince.

And having played several soccer games casually, it takes so much out of you. Nothing but respect to the players who duke that shit out for 90+ minutes.

Cagey

Banned
A thread shitting on soccer is just going to invite the inevitable "football players aren't athletes lol they can't run for 90 minutes they get tired after 4 seconds and stop for a minute lol no stamina not atheltes just fat guys" nonsense from people that don't seem to understand concepts of maximal effort and exertion, who would think defensive linemen doing the equivalent of 60 reps at 95% of your deadlift max over the course of 3 hours and needing breaks in between means you don't have stamina or conditioning compared to some skinnyfuck alternating between brisk walks and jogs and sprints for 2 hours, and it will make me mad because people are stupid.

Vinny pls. Don't do dis. Not on a Friday.

Sephzilla

A thread shitting on soccer is just going to invite the inevitable "football players aren't athletes lol they can't run for 90 minutes they get tired after 4 seconds and stop for a minute lol no stamina not atheltes just fat guys" nonsense from people that don't seem to understand concepts of maximal effort and exertion, who would think defensive linemen doing the equivalent of 60 reps at 95% of your deadlift max over the course of 3 hours and needing breaks in between means you don't have stamina or conditioning compared to some skinnyfuck alternating between brisk walks and jogs and sprints for 2 hours, and it will make me mad because people are stupid.

Vinny pls. Don't do dis. Not on a Friday.

¡HarlequinPanic!;133750601 said:
he's right do it on sunday during the games

Doing it on a sunday is too safe and not risky.

WOULD VINCENT KENNEDY MCMAHON PLAY IT SAFE?!

jred2k

Do soccer fans tend to just follow one league, or do you pay attention to several leagues and have a favourite team in each? I assume you'd mainly watch the league from your country, but there seems to be so many and a lot of interleague games.

Aiii

So not worth it
OT right now feels like every discussion ends up being about gay/transgender/cis stuff.

So I imagine Sunny Mac's thread will go two pages before someone brings up the severe homophobia and other related stuff in this male-dominated sport.

Soccer players are too frail for something like this

undertaker-tira-a-mankind-o.gif

They need some Zandig level of training.

The Big Guy spits that white-hot truth.

The Big Guy also has a Young Bucks avatar.

JUST WHOSE SIDE IS HE ON, ANYWAY?

Bullet Club is reeeeeeeeeeal.

George Elokobi would like to disagree with you:

elokobi2.png

I have no other examples.

One in a million talent right there, friends.

Does that baseball team only have boys on it? Dystopia confirmed.

I think you mean Purple Penguins.

I'm starting to feel old now.

There's apps and services I don't understand the use of (Snapchat, Ello, etc), and there's musical acts I don't get (..who the fuck would watch a holographic pop star)

But wrestling is timeless! So I'm ok.

Bandini

Soccer is pretty dope when you're a goalie. Just chill in the cut and every once in a while you get a big adrenaline rush when it's time to make a save. Fuck all that running around.

Top Bottom