• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

Ithil

I don't think it was Sami, since the whole reason Main Event and Smackdown are so lacking in stars this week are most oft hem have gone overseas after RAW, and Sami is on the tour.

A different report said it looked to be
Tyson Kidd.

bart jr

Neo Member
That's weird, why would they put Kidd in a mask after his Total Divas exposure?

Maybe they wanted him to get in some ring work in front of a large crowd before he makes his official return from knee injury? Not sure, honestly.

tumblr_mudqznpEWi1sehr90o1_500.jpg

d8a702dc1a8ed848ab016359a509834d.jpeg

Ok. Fine.

You Paige people win.

strobogo

Banned
Hoo boy. Yknow the decline of Jimmy Valiant really bummed me out. When the guy was on steroids and was huge, he was a ton of fun, but it didn't translate to later in life when he would appear on Coliseum Home Video.

I did laugh at the comment "Darren Young, watch out"

Saw an old Owen Hart match yesterday where he led the crowd in chants of "faggot", that was disturbing to see. Sign of the times though.

Honestly, he doesn't have mainstream appeal.

Don't you remember Lawler calling Goldust a "flaming fag" on Raw? This was in the late 90s on an internationally broadcast show. Not some studio show in Memphis in the 80s.

Chopper

Just caught up with Raw. I can't have been the only one expecting John Laurinaitis to come out with Show at the end, preferably waving his iron-clad contract around? I was all ready to start marking out hard, but instead it just didn't make sense.

ibdq7aBm2OeIhH.gif

Such a convoluted move (double pumphandle vertical suplex sit-out powerbomb, lol), but I liked that he only ever used it very rarely and it always won him the match.

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

WCW Thunder 4/8/99

The go home show for Spring Stampede. Thunder doesn't have a new intro or stage. Everything is the same, just with the new logo.

Evan Karagias vs Rey Mysterio Jr. WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Evan is awful. He never got better. I would guess he, much like Riggs, was probably from the Carolinas or Georgia area, which meant it was cheaper to fly him to shows for WCW. That's probably why he had a job. He probably rode in the back of the ring truck. Rey wins with a super rana.

Recap of Bret SWERVING both Goldberg and Eric Bischoff on last week's Nitro. The thing that wasn't mentioned at all on Nitro.

Wrath vs Damian

Man, Kevin Nash ruined Wrath. Dude was getting over on his mini-Goldberg streak. Then Nash beats him out of the blue, I assume to show he could defeat an undefeatable guy. Then he did nothing for a month, lost to Bam Bam (another loss to build someone to face Goldberg), then lost to Disco, and has been on TV 3 times since. He was doing 50 second matches and now struggles against Mike Enos and Damian. Wrath wins, but he had to work for it. Against a luchador. One who, to my knowledge, has never won a match on WCW television.

TO THE MEAN GENE
. Fucking Konnan. Juvi came out to translate for La Cucaracha, who said Konnan is a terrible wrestler. Konnan then said some homophobic stuff and grabbed his dick. They got into a fight.

Goldberg/Nash hype video and recap.

Mikey Whipwreck vs Hak

YO! Sandman vs Mikey, right here in the WCW! Michael works over an arm bar. Lol, Sandman doing mat wrasslin. What in the world is going on? It goes to the floor. Sandman takes his flip bump into the railing. Russian leg sweep into the railing. But that's Raven's move! Flying lariatoo from Mikey. WE'LL BE BACK! Mikey is down on the floor when we come back. Guardrail leg drop. Mikey does a tree of Keanu dropkick with a chair. He then misses some second rope twisty thing. Another hanging guillotine. Mikey intercepts the cane, but falls prey to the White Russian leg sweep. Bam Bam attacked Sandman after the match. YO!

ibwvYYyZkWpCVs.gif

Super Calo vs Blitzkrieg

I think I'm actually more interested in Calo botches than crazy Blitz moves. Sadly, there weren't many of either. Blitz won with a Phoenix Splash.

ibukWfEpMwYKTX.gif

Recap of the past few weeks of tag title action.

Chris Benoit vs Raven

Arn is out with Benoit. He gets involved. Benoit knocks the shit out of Raven for a while. Raven makes a come back with a boot in the corner and rolling suplexes. Raven gets to the ropes from an Iron Crossface attempt. WE'LL BE BACK! Drop toe hold on a chair. Benoit misses a diving headbutt and landed on the chair. Raven was about to Evenflow Benoit on the chair. Arn jumped in and the match was thrown out. Saturn saved Raven, then Dean came out and the Horsemen did a DDT and DVD just to be dicks.

Recap of the 4 corners match on Nitro.

Chris Jericho vs Booker T. WCW TV Championship

We're told that Bret will be on Later Friday night to explain why he quit WCW. Why would they hype someone who quit their company on live TV? That doesn't make any sense to me. But Hogan will be on The Tonight Show so whatever. Bret is on the show AFTER Conan. Hogan is on Leno. What the fuck, Tenay and Larry are making JFK jokes. Jericho decides to walk out on the match. Book follows him out all the way to the stage area. We had a ref bump. Of course. Why not. Booker went for the missile dropkick. Scott Steiner ran out and hit Booker with a chair. Stevie Ray then came out and hit Jericho with a slapjack. Booker retains. I think it is bullshit that he's had to defend his title twice while being in the tournament, but Steiner hasn't had to wrestle any extra matches.

DQ Count: 1 out of 6 matches.

Announced card for Spring Stampede:

Hollywood Hogan vs Ric Flair vs DDP vs Sting WCW Championship Special Guest Referee: Randy Savage
Goldberg vs Kevin Nash
Booker T. vs Scott Steiner WCW US Championship
Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Kidman WCW Cruiserweight Championship
Chris Benoit/Dean Malenko vs Saturn/Raven
Hak vs Bam Bam Big Yellow
Disco Inferno vs Konnan

jred2k

Bo Dallas could probably spear Khali's torso off of his legs. That raw power vs. that frail body would be too much.

strobogo

Banned
I mentioned that last night. It's so crazy. 1997 and they have a wrestler who is also an announcer calling a wrestler a flaming fag. Goldust's face turn came from that and Lawler asking him if he was a queer. I think that promo was a response to Goldust hitting King after the queer thing.

Got my house show tickets for Spokane, WA, this morning. This'll be the third one for my son and I; but the first for my wife. Should be fun!

Aiii

So not worth it
Lost it at the Darth Vader Noooooo fading in and out during the Giant Swing.

Broke down completely at VERY-VERY-VERY BREAKY-BREAKY-BREAKY BISHI-BISHI

Well done Maffew, well done.

Top Bottom