• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

Aiii

So not worth it
I find that most of GAF has a hard time just enjoying stuff in general.

This is one of the most nit picky places in all of the internets.

G-Fex

I find that most of GAF has a hard time just enjoying stuff in general.

This is one of the most nit picky places in all of the internets.

it's fanboyism Aiii

we were all at one point unstoppable knighting fanboys

gaming side however...still are.

Botchamania 238

*edit, LOL, I'm going to be severely disappointed if next month's OT title isn't;

November Wrasslin' |OT| VERY-VERY-VERY BREAKY-BREAKY-BREAKY BISHI-BISHIIIIIIIIIIII!!

I am still undecided on whether or not that
Chuck Taylor getting stuck in the ropes
is a botch or not. On the one hand it's a fuck up with a hilarious result, on the other hand that is sort of part of his shtick.

strobogo

Banned
Are they still talking about hair?

Kind of, but now it's more:

I do have an issue when a show seems manufactured without a creative engine that drives its existence. That's why it feels like most of the show has retroactively establishing character and stakes that should have existed in the pilot.

And people saying the show is finally doing something right after only having 3 episodes. They talk about like it's been on for 2 seasons and is starting to find its groove. People are mad that corporate synergy and expansion of the movies is what got this show on TV instead of a deep love to get an important story out or some shit.

G-Fex

And people saying the show is finally doing something right after only having 3 episodes. They talk about like it's been on for 2 seasons and is starting to find its groove. People are mad that corporate synergy and expansion of the movies is what got this show on TV instead of a deep love to get an important story out or some shit.

I can't imagine the carnage if the commissioner gordon tv show gets put on tv

Aiii

So not worth it
I, for one, am very disappointed that J. August Richards isn't a regular in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

jred2k

Oh yeah how surprising that people are getting illogical in a thread about something to do with comics/superheroes. You guys should just skip giving a shit about SHIELD and watch Brooklyn Nine Nine instead.

Ithil

I wonder if they realised just how many top notch sci-fi network shows start out shaky or weak. For god's sake, Stargate SG-1's third episode was "Emancipation", possibly the series worst ever episode. Nearly the entire first two SEASONS of Star Trek TNG were crap. They expect too much, too quickly.

I, for one, am very disappointed that J. August Richards isn't a regular in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

This is the most legitimate criticism of the show. Also - should have been
Power Man and not just "Guy on Extremis and other shit from the movies because fuck it"

Aiii

So not worth it
I wonder if they realised just how many top notch sci-fi network shows start out shaky or weak. For god's sake, Stargate SG-1's third episode was "Emancipation", possibly the series worst ever episode. They expect too much, too quickly.

Some people can't deal with episodic TV and should only binge watch TV shows. I find some people loving certain shows when they watch the first few seasons all at once. Especially shows with continuing stories, even more when dealing with expose episodes.

G-Fex

Smallville had some Horrible starting episodes. Not cause they didn't pay any service to comic books it was just hard to watch.

strobogo

Banned
strobogo, should I watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D?

Sure. It's an inoffensive syndicated action show with references to the Marvel movies. Don't expect anything more than what you expect out of the movies and you should enjoy it. It's fairly lighthearted actiony/Whedony fluff. It's fine.

Sokantish

oh.

i only watch the news and sports on the telly, barely pay attention to anything else.

That's okay, but you at least watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, right?

Sure. It's an inoffensive syndicated action show with references to the Marvel movies. Don't expect anything more than what you expect out of the movies and you should enjoy it. It's fairly lighthearted actiony/Whedony fluff. It's fine.

I'm pretty good at keeping my expectations low.

Ithil

There are aspects that stand out, of course. But I expect the show to get pretty good by the end of the season. There's dozens of fine episodic shows that start out weak, including several Whedon shows.

tm24

Oh yeah how surprising that people are getting illogical in a thread about something to do with comics/superheroes. You guys should just skip giving a shit about SHIELD and watch Brooklyn Nine Nine instead.

While i do love SHIELD, Brooklyn Nine-Nine is pretty damn great

strobogo

Banned
I do enjoy The League. I lost track of it for season 4. It's pretty hilarious though. I was iffy on watching a show about fantasy football since I don't give a shit about football or fantasy football, but I tried it and thought it was great.

The League is the best comedy on TV.

I haven't watched this week yet but lately I have been enjoying either the Always Sunny or The League episode each week, but never both of them in the same week. Also Brooklyn Nine-Nine has been incredibly strong right out of the gate, which almost never happens for a comedy.

Awesome picture is awesome;

jbnwuBhBIOgQD6.jpg

The Iron Sheik as Batman, now THERE's a movie I'd pay to see.

Isn't it ironic that, a few years later, Bane would break Batman's back and make him humble?

I don't know about The League, but Louie is the best comedy on TV (that isn't ending this season).

FX has been incredibly strong for the past few years. Now that Breaking Bad is gone they have definitely moved into the "Best Cable Station not Named HBO" spot. Justified is probably my favourite show these days and if Terriers were still around and as strong as the first season I'll bet it would be huge.

strobogo

Banned
There are enough deadly seriously and outright weird episodes that I have a hard time considering it a straight comedy. It's great, though.

Kaladin

With The Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother ending, there aren't many good network TV comedies on right now. New Girl is picking up steam though, and The Michael J. Fox show is promising....and it even has more going for it than just Michael J. Fox (who still has it).

strobogo

Banned
But what about The Crazy Ones? I've never been turned off to a show in such a short amount of time in my life. It took less than a minute for me to think, "This is awful" and a few more minutes to think, "I can't believe this is on TV". But instead of the SHIELD geeks, I will never watch it and don't care about it. I certainly don't want to argue over it.

i saw a glimpse of a show, maybe 5 minutes, didn't pay too much attention but i did see, of all people, Tim Allen.

Tim Allen... in a TV show... in 2013.

he has 3 daughters, the middle one is hot, his wife is hot and he likes guns.

Tim Allen TV show.

would be cool if that was the school's mascot lol
When HBK came to visit my school (his brother, Cpt. Hickenbottom was a professor there) for a rally in advance of the Army/Navy wrestling meet, he tagged with the mule mascot and hit a piledriver on a heel dressed up as someone from the other team.

eoKcd3Il.jpg

That's me on the right. Now all of you know why I support Sheamus even when his writing is terrible.

Top Bottom