• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

Aiii

So not worth it
hey any new strogobo WCW rec...

*anime talk*

i'm out.

image.php

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I want them to make Ezekiel Jackson come out to j-pop music and be all kawaii and cute but when the bell rings, he gets all serious and destroys people and when the match is over, he goes back to being a q.t anime fan.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A noble choice. I was a diehard Lau player until Evolution hit, then I switched to Goh and never looked back.

Then I met FallingEdge's Taka-Arashi and quit the scene. So brutal.

I can not believe you guys recognized the swerve last night with Punk. I legit thought he hurt himself. He looked to land awkward, and that is just how a lot of injuries happen.

I was saying no no no no no. Shit why don't they just cut to commercial.

So I log on to see how many of you were fooled, and everyone here called it. How?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I can not believe you guys recognized the swerve last night with Punk. I legit thought he hurt himself. He looked to land awkward, and that is just how a lot of injuries happen.

So I log on to see how many of you were fooled, and everyone here called it. How?

Build up within the show. Punk had already fooled Heyman once within the show with the old play my entrance music as a distraction trick and also as a followup to Punk getting totally punked by Heyman last week with the "fuck my scooter is stuck" move.

Sokantish

It was pretty obvious, Liquidsnake!

Isn't that one of those boring ass VF characters.

it's not really anime.

I'm laying the facts out one time and one time only, so listen up.

Wolf is a goddamn wrestling philosopher.

And I don't appreciate 'anime' being used as a pejorative, but VF qualifies about as much as Street Fighter or Tekken does (and for some reason, they do, because of those weird ass OVAs - a lot of people are oddly adamant about those things). The Virtua Fighter OVA had the most indulgent special attack explanations this side of The Fist of the North Star, and Wild Vision is one of the most '90s OPs of all time. I don't like it myself, but nothing good comes from ignoring the past, so there.

i hope VF6 hits soon. list of announced next gen games i wanna buy can be counted on one hand.

I want VF6 too. I wonder if it'll be another wild revision like 3 was - people keep asking for changes, and with the way that Final Showdown actually turned a profit, Sega might listen for once.

A noble choice. I was a diehard Lau player until Evolution hit, then I switched to Goh and never looked back.

Then I met FallingEdge's Taka-Arashi and quit the scene. So brutal.

lol

I need to play the game more. I love me some VF

I meant SUPER boring

boo this man

El Blaze da gawd

Luchador with fucking KENTA combos

I was legit shook when I first saw that in like 06. Was marking out lol.

i hope VF6 hits soon. list of announced next gen games i wanna buy can be counted on one hand.

It won't ever come to consoles ;_;

It's ok. Sometimes they do good work and fool some of us.

But Rock couldn't fool me though. To this day dude was...

LEGIT SHOOK

No that was planned as a way for him to get over on Rock. Rock would not write down legible notes on his hand in front of the cameras. Hes been in the game for how many years?

It wasn't obvious to me. I was concerned, and thought that Heyman and Ryback were improving.

You guys are on another level.

The thread is filled with amateur bookers, it's like a sixth sense for them.

have faith, brother, have faith.

also, Bronson, FACT: Blaze is for online scrubs who like to do flip-ti-do wankery. the Eddy Gordo of VF.

come at me bro. i'll bust out Jacky if i have to.

Yeah, that's what I'd expect a Wolf player to say. Have fun tangling with Nash equilibria while I get to actually, y'know, wrestle.

jmdajr

No that was planned as a way for him to get over on Rock. Rock would not write down legible notes on his hand in front of the cameras. Hes been in the game for how many years?

nu-uh

edit: Steph had notes the other day. No one called her out though. Wonder why?

And I don't appreciate 'anime' being used as a pejorative, but VF qualifies about as much as Street Fighter or Tekken does (and for some reason, they do, because of those weird ass OVAs - a lot of people are oddly adamant about those things). The Virtua Fighter OVA had the most indulgent special attack explanations this side of The Fist of the North Star, and Wild Vision is one of the most '90s OPs of all time. I don't like it myself, but nothing good comes from ignoring the past, so there.

Yo, I'll throw hands at anyone who says the Virtua Fighter OVA wasn't A: Goddamn ridiculous and B: Goddamn awesome

Akira as basically Anime Protagonist Number One (Eats a ton, oblivious to girls, etc etc) is hilarious. The English dub is even better.

AND DAT WILD VISION

I was legit shook when I first saw that in like 06. Was marking out lol.

Yo when I landed that shit, I went hog wild. It's hilarious.

also, Bronson, FACT: Blaze is for online scrubs who like to do flip-ti-do wankery. the Eddy Gordo of VF.

You son of a bitch. How dare you mock The Hot Dogger

I'm one of those online scrubs :'( But I play Blaze like a luchadore in terms of how lucha works with the momentum switching and such, so nyah. Come at me on PS3 :p

somedevil

Well here is the Battleground Card if anyone is interested:

Bryan vs Orton
Del Rio vs RVD hardcore match
Cody and Goldust vs Shield
Brie Bella vs AJ
Punk vs Ryback

Matches most likely to be added:

R-truth vs Axel
Kofi vs Wyatt

Pre-show match:

Ziggler vs Sandow

jmdajr

Well here is the Battleground Card if anyone is interested:

Bryan vs Orton
Del Rio vs RVD
Cody and Goldust vs Shield
Brie Bella vs AJ
Punk vs Ryback

Matches most likely to be added:

R-truth vs Axel
Kofi vs Wyatt

Pre-show match:

Ziggler vs Sandow

add the stipulations!

Yo, I'll throw hands at anyone who says the Virtua Fighter OVA wasn't A: Goddamn ridiculous and B: Goddamn awesome

Akira as basically Anime Protagonist Number One (Eats a ton, oblivious to girls, etc etc) is hilarious. The English dub is even better.

AND DAT WILD VISION

I have never seen the series. I can never find it. Please PM me.

have faith, brother, have faith.

lets play bro. i will win.

i don't own a console now :(

that's why i want VF6 for PS4.

I accept your unconditional surrender!

Also, because I love you all, I present to you the best OVA in history: Virtua Fighter!

Round 1

Round 2

NO EXCUSE. JOIN US IN THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF:

Pai Chan disguising herself as Terry Bogard to win an eating contest
But losing to Akira, who accidentally grabs Sarah Bryant's boob (who apparently has a pet squirrel too)

add the stipulations!

So far it's (in no particular order):

Dolph Ziggler vs. Damien Sandow (pre-show)

Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan (WWE Championship)

Rhodes brothers vs. The Shield (The Rhodes get new jobs in the WWE if they win, but are banned for life if they lose)

Alberto Del Rio vs. Rob Van Dam (World Heavyweight Championship, Hardcore Rules)

CM Punk vs. Ryback (no real stipulations, just a grudge match)

AJ Lee vs. Brie Bella (Diva's championship)

i don't own a console now :(

that's why i want VF6 for PS4.

My bad, I didn't know.
VF6 will probably be the prettiest game from Japan if it comes out within the system's early life span - the folks over at AM2 are a bunch of programming wizards. It'll be the easiest game to look at too, since they've never been that fond of using particle effects in the foreground.

It's always fun when GAF 404s right when I'm editing (which I guess I should cut down on in the future).

Top Bottom