• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

Aiii

So not worth it
HIAC13_Photo_245.jpg

ONLY TWO MORE TITLE WINS NOW GUYS, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Are you hyped for Cena to overcome the odds and become the MOST DECORATED wrestler in WWE HISTORY?!

Aiii

So not worth it
At least there's potential of the WHC meaning something again.

Rather that than the hideous WWE title.

I like the WWE title.

And yes, I said this before, Cena winning the WHC will mean alot for the title, provided he has a long run with it.

Toki767

So not only is Cena now a 14 time champion, but Orton is an 11 time champion. Feels like they're both going to go over 16 times.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I remember when Edge won like 5 world titles in the span of a year.

WWE shouldn't be allowed to book champions without like a 6 month plan.

We are hearing reports from our sources, stationed deep within the company, that WWE are planning to replace the current World Heavyweight title. The current plan is for John Cena to retire the current belt design, and replace it with the what was once the WWE Championship belt before the recent change. The change is being made to appease marketing, as replicas of the old WWE Championship were a top seller on WWEshop. One of the main seasons for Cena's win last night was to enact this change as quick as possible
Source: WrassleLolz

Into

Saying "fuck you" to someone visually, can be done with the middle finger in many countries, the "sipak" works pretty well in eastern European countries, its where you put your thumb between your middle and point finger to insinuate penetration aka fuck you.

American wrestling company World Wrestling Entertainment has invented a new way of saying "fuck you" in a visual way, 4th time in a row on PPV.

From a comedic perspective, WWE is absolutely awesome. From any other perspective, its absolutely garbage.

There was good stuff, tag team match with Usos, Rhodes and Shield was great. Kudos to the guys

Toki767

To be fair, it's probably the same people buying those PPVs every month. The number keeps decreasing, but they probably aren't at the point of losing money on them.

That prick Hickenbottom has cost my fav guy the title TWICE now in different eras.

STOP GIVING HIM REFEREE JOBS. >_>

Can't even do his move anymore, completely misses the one thing he had to do.

Everything about that finish was terrible, HHH constantly getting involved, camera on him the whole time so we don't even see D-Bry's offense. >_>

FFS.

Are we supposed to be captivated by this stupid screw job finish every time? DAMN IT NO WHAT A SWERVE! It doesn't work when you do it this many times for this long.

Now tomorrow "Everyone is wondering why I did what I did...." AGAIN.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Striker

At least there's potential of the WHC meaning something again.

Rather that than the hideous WWE title.
WHC looks much better, but its value shrunk when the brand extension stopped and all the stars left/retired. If the top guys are Cena, Orton, Bryan, Punk, and Del Rio (Sheamus maybe) they need to just use one title. I would hope they're going for a unification, but then it dawns on me they'll be using Cena as one participant. It'd be nice if they used both Cena and an unification angle to put somebody new over - yeah, it'll be Orton or Cena who would win it.

Toki767

WHC looks much better, but its value shrunk when the brand extension stopped and all the stars left/retired. If the top guys are Cena, Orton, Bryan, Punk, and Del Rio (Sheamus maybe) they need to just use one title. I would hope they're going for a unification, but then it dawns on me they'll be using Cena as one participant. It'd be nice if they used both Cena and an unification angle to put somebody new over - yeah, it'll be Orton or Cena who would win it.

Nah. Bryan would win it and then lose it to HHH.

Just like how Jericho won the undisputed title because they wanted to shock people by not giving it to Austin or Rock. Then HHH came back.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
That prick Hickenbottom has cost my fav guy the title TWICE now in different eras.

STOP GIVING HIM REFEREE JOBS. >_>

Can't even do his move anymore, completely misses the one thing he had to do.

Everything about that finish was terrible, HHH constantly getting involved, camera on him the whole time so we don't even see D-Bry's offense. >_>

FFS.

Are we supposed to be captivated by this stupid screw job finish every time? DAMN IT NO WHAT A SWERVE! It doesn't work when you do it this many times for this long.

Now tomorrow "Everyone is wondering why I did what I did...." AGAIN.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Daniel Bryan screwed Daniel Bryan.

Aiii

So not worth it
So they need to end Orton and Bryan right now. Clearly Bryan is now ruined as the guy can't win that title for the life of him, so putting the title on him at SS or even before that on Raw would mean absolutely nothing. The best thing to do now is have him fight Shawn Michaels (retirement lol) and win and then go on to win the Royal Rumble from the #1 or #2 position to challenge and finally win the title at Mania.

Anything earlier than that is just gonna screw him up more.

Whoever that Creative guy was that worked through to SummerSlam and then left, they should have offered him whatever amount of money he could get, because the period between WM and SummerSlam was pretty damn good and ever since then it's turned to whatever you can call this pile of dogshit.

I guess Cody/Goldust was a decent storyline, but other than that there's not a single good storyline going on in WWE right now.

strobogo

Banned
This show sounds as bad or worse than GAB 1999. I'm heading into BATB99, which was an even worse show. 10 years from now, someone is going to do a set of reviews of WWE 2013 and agonize over how shitty the Summer months were.

Aiii

So not worth it
Actually, I spend more time listening to Dave Meltzer/Bryan Alvarez (or Bryan/Vinny), the LAW and various other podcasts nowadays than actually watching wrestling.

Oh well, at least there's some New Japan stuff to watch from last Friday.

I see the only options as:

Cena vs Orton (unifying the belts under Cena)
or
Punk vs. Orton
and Cena vs random monthly challenger (such as Mark Henry)

Mix in some HHH/Big Show, and you have a good idea where this is headed. I have no idea what they do with Bryan at this point though, putting him against Orton is a non starter

Nah, what I'm hoping for is this:

The loss pisses off Bryan so much he becomes a cold, wrestling machine. No yes/no chants, he just goes out there and beats the shit out of people.

This includes Randy Orton, who Bryan destroys and regains the title.

The next night on Raw, HHH recognizes Bryan as ruthless and as best for business. They are now buddies!

But winning the world title doens't loosen up Bryan at all! With HHH's on screen approval, Bryan lays waste to mid carders and jobbers and injuries them! Maybe even some nonwrestlers like Hornswaggle. HHH LOVES IT.

Until finally, a young and upcoming has the courage to say "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" and that he has to stand up for what he believes in, even if it means possibly getting hurt against Bryan. That's right, John Cena is the only face left to stop HHH/Bryan!

So, we get a world title unification match. It's HHH in the corner of Heel Bryan vs Vince (comes back to try to stop Bryan because he keeps hurting wrestlers) in the corner of Cena! Cena wins to finally get that push he needs to get over.

Joeki11a

Banned
Cena still winning titles, HHH & HBK still doing their routine and Punk is doing meaningless matches....Guess he didnt change anything.

Side note what the hell is this rumor of

Cena vs Hogan at WM for the world title?...oh my god

Actually, I spend more time listening to Dave Meltzer/Bryan Alvarez (or Bryan/Vinny), the LAW and various other podcasts nowadays than actually watching wrestling.

Oh well, at least there's some New Japan stuff to watch from last Friday.

I second this. For the past 6-7 months, 90% of my wrestling knowledge comes from the F4W/WO podcasts. On average, I'll watch 1-2 hours of RAW each week and that's it. Oh, and I usually watch every PPV. But yeah -- interest is dwindling fast. :(

Ithil

Cena still winning titles, HHH & HBK still doing their routine and Punk is doing meaningless matches....Guess he didnt change anything.

Side note what the hell is this rumor of

Cena vs Hogan at WM for the world title?...oh my god

Probably something someone just made up.

Vince is gonna return tonight and give Bryan a title shot on Raw and allow Big Show to help him win by stopping the Shield's plans to interfere. They want Bryan's to win on the night after the PPV so more fans can see his big win and get behind him.

RIGHT?! It's the only way to not completely drop the ball at this point.

Aiii

So not worth it
That's what Bryan Alvarez seems to think yeah.

I think that storyline does nothing to benefit Triple H, so it won't happen.

jmdajr

Yup, quite the shenanigans.

If all this is leading to Royal Rumble win or Trips vs D. Bry it makes sense, but I can see why some folks are frustrated. Faith in payoff is low at this point.

Back in the attitude era faces didn't hold on to titles long, but D. Bry hasn't even really gotten one.

Aiii

So not worth it
There's time for that, Flair only won it during his Evolution run himself. He can bury a young talent when he's past 50 for that stupid triple crown title.

HIAC13_Photo_245.jpg

ONLY TWO MORE TITLE WINS NOW GUYS, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Are you hyped for Cena to overcome the odds and become the MOST DECORATED wrestler in WWE HISTORY?!

Not until he wins IC title
Cena overcomes the odds to win the US title vs the Shield in a 3 on 1 handicap match at Survivor Series. Wins the tag titles with whoever has the WWE championship. WWE champion wins the IC title at RR. Cena vs WWE/IC/tag team partner for all da marbles at WM30!

Cena closes WM30 with the WWE, World, Intercontinental, United States, and both Tag Titles. The only question is: who holds the belts?
42890519_floyd_belts416.jpg

jmdajr

So what do we have coming up for Survivor Series?

They are not really going to waste a Cena/Del Rio rematch on that are they?

is Punk taking time off?

Top Bottom