• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
iteCEDhaR8Ckm.gif

GOOD TO SEE ALL OF YOU AGAIN! My vacation was tons of fun! I did a lot of work! I always work! I get 2 hours of sleep a night!

This is what I come back to? What's happening?
YYDCEtL.gif

It's time for us to buck up. This is the American spirit that's in all of us, even you foreigners. It's time for us to fix our flagship show, WrassleGAF, and get our names BACK in the collective consciousness!

We're going to legit shake the world! Gaming-side is a mess right now! We can fix it! Who's on my side? Who's with me?

#TEAMVINCE

With Triple H in the Main Event picture this will not happen.

Also for the Punk and Bryan team up:

So Bryan is basically now doing the stone cold thing after he lost the title where he feuded with the Undertaker before the Royal Rumble. Who is there two team mates? Is it going be Ziggler and the Miz?
Give them The Miz and Ziggler. If this whole thing is using Bryan's and Punk's popularity to put over the Wyatt's, just go all in and use this to allow Miz and Ziggler to get a rub. Try putting Miz and Ziggler over again, since they basically dedicated 2012 to burying those two.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The WrassleGAF Initiative will be premiering today. I hope all of you will stay tuned.

Wyatt's have been the secret Corporate lackeys for a while now. Any time SHIELD is otherwise occupied or incapable of getting the job done the Wyatts get trotted out against the opponents of corporate synergy.

Also - is there a finite level of good wrestling in the WWE universe? It seems like the Tag division is swelling right now with good-great stuff and everything else is the agonizing cries of a trapped turd.

I'd just like to say I knew that would happen to Sandow. I spent the whole match saying it would happen. I was still crushed it went down like it did, though, as it simply sucks to see the most consistently entertaining guy in the company get sacrificed on the Cena altar.

How big of an ego must Cena have to never stand up to any of these booking ideas? It's not as though he couldn't, as we have countless reports of big stars throughout history having a lot of say in where their storylines go. It really makes him look bad to anybody over the age of 12 to need to go over everybody all the time in such absurdly squashing ways, and if I were him, I couldn't imagine not feeling like an asshole for doing that to my coworkers.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd just like to say I knew that would happen to Sandow. I spent the whole match saying it would happen. I was still crushed it went down like it did, though, as it simply sucks to see the most consistently entertaining guy in the company get sacrificed on the Cena altar.

How big of an ego must Cena have to never stand up to any of these booking ideas? It's not as though he couldn't, as we have countless reports of big stars throughout history having a lot of say in where their storylines go. It really makes him look bad to anybody over the age of 12 to need to go over everybody all the time in such absurdly squashing ways, and if I were him, I couldn't imagine not feeling like an asshole for doing that to my coworkers.

But millions smell so good!

Aiii

So not worth it

If you read up, you'll find a quote from me on October 10th saying that this would happen. It was so fucking obvious it's not even funny in a bad way.

But millions smell so good!

But at what cost, Vinceflower? At what cost? Millions of dollars now, millions of empty seats a decade down the line.

Edit: I was really hoping for the "del Rio armbars Cena after the match, leading to a Sandow cash-in" storyline. I always knew, in my gut, that they would have Sandow be the first one to lose his MitB surprise cash-in, given how much of a jobber they seem to see him as, but I wanted to believe, damnit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't watch Raw and didn't listen to a recap yet. Did Sandow cash in and lose?

jmdajr

Welcome Baaaaackkk [in demonic voice]*

Existing on damnation's edge
The priest had never known
To witness such a violent show
Of power overthrown

Angels fighting aimlessly
Still dying by the sword
Our legions killing all in sight
To get the one called lord

The gates of hell lie waiting as you see
There's no price to pay just follow me
I can take your lost soul from the grave
Jesus knows your soul can not be saved

Crucify the so called lord
He soon shall fall to me
Your souls are damned your God has fell
To slave for me eternally
Hell awaits...

I didn't watch Raw and didn't listen to a recap yet. Did Sandow cash in and lose?

Cashed in after bashing Cena's arm repeatedly with the case, hitting the arm on the pole, hitting the arm with a steel chair on the steps, and working the arm the entire match. Yet Cena still got him up for 2 AAs and lolcenawinswhatasuperhuman.

Why they didn't just give Cody the case during that feud is beyond me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Welcome Baaaaackkk [in demonic voice]*

Still remember the first time I heard that. Magic.

Cashed in after bashing Cena's arm repeatedly with the case, hitting the arm on the pole, hitting the arm with a steel chair on the steps, and working the arm the entire match. Yet Cena still got him up for 2 AAs and lolcenawinswhatasuperhuman.

Why they didn't just give Cody the case during that feud is beyond me.

Someone mentioned that it's easy to make a mistake with MitB and a breeze to get rid of it. Sounds like what was supposed to happen, happened.

I miss MitB bargaining - people putting up the case for the winner, payments, all that.

Seriously it's just so fucking stupid.

First you have Sandow politely come in, and tell Cena "I know you're injured, and I can use this to cash in whenever I want. You try to hide it, but I know you're injuries." standard heel promo, okay.

Then you have Cena try to act like a hard ass (after trying to act like a hardass in his last promo), and Cena INSTIGATES THE FIGHT. Cena pushed Sandow causing Samdow to fight back.

So Cena gets beat for a good 5 or so minutes. Steel chair, barricade, ring side post, metal case, etc. He gets demolished. He has trouble standing up. It takes him 3 minutes to struggle into the ring.

The match starts, Cena is suddenly back at 100%. Oh wait, he forgets he needs to sell his arm. So he goes offensive, and every few minutes he does the worst selling of his injury ever. "Leaps into Sandow with a Shoulder Block! Oh wait... I have an injury. I better fall to the floor and cry a bit before burying Sandow some more!"

Then he kicks out of Sandow's brand new finisher, then just buries Sandow. After performing the worst FU ever, and that's saying something since all his FUs are terrible.

Just why? Why bury someone who had so much potential. Someone Triple H apparently supported. Someone who basically got over by himself when he had no real support by the company. Why not at least let him win, and be champion for at least a month. Let him put on a great triple threat with Alberto and Cena, before he loses it. Hell let him beat both and come off as legitimate. Build a new star.

but nope! Better push Cena!

/salty

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For a month you barely posted in, I'd say the numbers are doing fairly good.

We've had 2 PPVs this month and it's almost over, and we're under 15k. Advertisers are panicking. I know the IWC loves this new direction but we're in danger of losing our mindshare with the general public.

Is TNA being purchased? Someone already made an OT for one of their PPVs...

Also holy fuck @ Fex with 1.5k posts.

Someone mentioned that it's easy to make a mistake with MitB and a breeze to get rid of it. Sounds like what was supposed to happen, happened.

I miss MitB bargaining - people putting up the case for the winner, payments, all that.

It's just shocking to me how non-forward thinking the booking is. You have this young guy with a versatile gimmick that could feud against literally any face you ever create and make perfect sense and create good TV, and you have a way to let him get a big title without harming any of your faces, especially your hurt TOP one, in any way at all. So what do you do? You job him out for three months, take him off TV for weeks, then job him out in a Raw opener to a guy who just came back from surgery. Dude is buried WAY the fuck down now.

I could even accept an ending like that if they'd given him a winning streak after MitB and had it be a matter of him simply getting drunk on his own momentum and letting his arrogance blind him. But they didn't even do that. Is there someone in the back that just legitimately does not like the guy? They took away his robe, they took away his singing, they've made him a jobber, and now he's fuckin' buried. So what's the point of having him on the show at all, anymore, when his win-loss record means he's basically just a fancy-talking 3MB?

jmdajr

Don't want to derail the party but I was thinking at least D. Bry/Punk and some of our favorites are not Miz level.

The guy has not been able to get retribution for one single thing/attack. Humiliated in front of family, treated like poop by Wyatt's, it's pathetic really. You don't even need HHH involved. It's crazy.

Oh well, still comes home to this I guess

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's just shocking to me how non-forward thinking the booking is. You have this young guy with a versatile gimmick that could feud against literally any face you ever create and make perfect sense and create good TV, and you have a way to let him get a big title without harming any of your faces, especially your hurt TOP one, in any way at all. So what do you do? You job him out for three months, take him off TV for weeks, then job him out in a Raw opener to a guy who just came back from surgery. Dude is buried WAY the fuck down now.

I could even accept an ending like that if they'd given him a winning streak after MitB and had it be a matter of him simply getting drunk on his own momentum and letting his arrogance blind him. But they didn't even do that. Is there someone in the back that just legitimately does not like the guy? They took away his robe, they took away his singing, they've made him a jobber, and now he's fuckin' buried. So what's the point of having him on the show at all, anymore, when his win-loss record means he's basically just a fancy-talking 3MB?

You just foretold the future. Sandow's on the outs. He has been way too much of a cash investment for no payoff.

Aiii

So not worth it
We've had 2 PPVs this month and it's almost over, and we're under 15k. Advertisers are panicking. I know the IWC loves this new direction but we're in danger of losing our mindshare with the general public.

- Fighting Spirit Magazine editor Brian Elliott recently spoke with WrestlingNewsSource about the news of TNA possibly being sold by The Carter Family.

Elliott reveals that the Carter family has been trying to sell the company for some time and mentioned that they are open to selling it to just a handful of people rather then making the sale public. Here is an excerpt from their story:

"The Carter family has been open to receiving offers for TNA for several months. There are a select number of business people on the inside to whom this has been made clear. You have to understand that it's not like the company is going to be listed on eBay; keeping the fact that they are open to selling TNA to a small number of potentially interested parties keeps the price that the Carters can get for it at a much higher level than if they went public that the company was for sale. If someone does make a bid, that information will then be leaked in certain quarters, in the hope of starting a bidding war that would raise the price further. Like with Fusient Media's attempted purchase of WCW, if someone comes in with a bid, we'll soon know about it."

---
- The issue with TNA paying their talents late has seem to improved, as in the last month only a few performers were paid late.

- Jeff Jarrett and Joseph Park have been doing agent work for the company. Park has also been producing some of the non-wrestling, in-ring segments along with Jason Hervey.

- The 2014 TNA Genesis pay-per-view is expected to take place despite it not being listed on the company website. The assumption is that it will be held at Universal Studios in Orlando.

Ithil

Don't want to derail the party but I was thinking at least D. Bry/Punk and some of our favorites are not Miz level.

The guy has not been able to get retribution for one single thing/attack. Humiliated in front of family, treated like poop by Wyatt's, it's pathetic really. You don't even need HHH involved. It's crazy.

I think they simply gave up on pushing Miz a few months back. Now he's fully that "utility guy" Stephanie called him in that promo.

jmdajr

Seriously it's just so fucking stupid.

First you have Sandow politely come in, and tell Cena "I know you're injured, and I can use this to cash in whenever I want. You try to hide it, but I know you're injuries." standard heel promo, okay.

Then you have Cena try to act like a hard ass (after trying to act like a hardass in his last promo), and Cena INSTIGATES THE FIGHT. Cena pushed Sandow causing Samdow to fight back.

So Cena gets beat for a good 5 or so minutes. Steel chair, barricade, ring side post, metal case, etc. He gets demolished. He has trouble standing up. It takes him 3 minutes to struggle into the ring.

The match starts, Cena is suddenly back at 100%. Oh wait, he forgets he needs to sell his arm. So he goes offensive, and every few minutes he does the worst selling of his injury ever. "Leaps into Sandow with a Shoulder Block! Oh wait... I have an injury. I better fall to the floor and cry a bit before burying Sandow some more!"

Then he kicks out of Sandow's brand new finisher, then just buries Sandow. After performing the worst FU ever, and that's saying something since all his FUs are terrible.

Just why? Why bury someone who had so much potential. Someone Triple H apparently supported. Someone who basically got over by himself when he had no real support by the company. Why not at least let him win, and be champion for at least a month. Let him put on a great triple threat with Alberto and Cena, before he loses it. Hell let him beat both and come off as legitimate. Build a new star.

but nope! Better push Cena!

/salty

No one would believe Sandow could beat Cena. He would need epic levels of cheating.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
- The issue with TNA paying their talents late has seem to improved, as in the last month only a few performers were paid late.

- Jeff Jarrett and Joseph Park have been doing agent work for the company. Park has also been producing some of the non-wrestling, in-ring segments along with Jason Hervey.

- The 2014 TNA Genesis pay-per-view is expected to take place despite it not being listed on the company website. The assumption is that it will be held at Universal Studios in Orlando.

Weird. Genesis.

WRESTLE-1 may buy TNA. I'm ok with that.

Kaladin

Somebody had to pick up the slack when one of our top performers got caught juicing.

Sokantish

but does this mean he's going to team up with Daniel Bryan and CM Punk? :(

No one would believe Sandow could beat Cena. He would need epic levels of cheating.

Uh... Cena just came back from injury and fought [the dude who injures arms] in a long match, then got assaulted by weapons at all four power levels moments before the match, then still won with 5mod.

No one should believe Sandow could beat Cena under normal conditions, but right now Cena looks like an inhuman cyborg not programmed to respond to pain and Sandow looks like a dude my girlfriend could beat in a fight.

jmdajr

Uh... Cena just came back from injury and fought [the dude who injures arms] in a long match, then got assaulted by weapons at all four power levels moments before the match, then still won with 5mod.

No one should believe Sandow could beat Cena under normal conditions, but right now Cena looks like an inhuman cyborg not programmed to respond to pain and Sandow looks like a dude my girlfriend could beat in a fight.

I said epic

Toki767

I bet Survivor Series will be the Wyatts and Kane against Bryan/Punk/Miz/Kofi. Plus we'll probably get something like The Shield and Axel or Ryback against some combination of Goldust/Cody/Usos/Big E.

Top Bottom