• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

XenoRaven

I actually kind of hope there's a payoff for Sandow in all of this. I don't think there will be, but it would be nice if he got a rub down the road for dropping the briefcase to free up the WHC.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, 2k14 looks like so much shit. I saw Fex's belt ideas though...there's potential.

Kaladin

Does someone else really want to pick up doing the monthly OT?

I think I came out of retirement for this run because there was no one to do the OT when I started back doing it again.

DMczaf

I'm not done with WWE UNTIL the rumble

tumblr_mvfnsuxLSw1skeohxo2_250.gif

Aiii

So not worth it

I think I came out of retirement for this run because there was no one to do the OT when I started back doing it again.

I can do the OT if you're looking to get out of this business, but if someone else wants to do it they can go right ahead.

jmdajr

Damn..didn't even realize the new merch.

Show must be in real credit card debt will all the traveling and now new t-shirts.
I guess he's hoping they sell out of the trunk off his car..I mean truck.

I actually kind of hope there's a payoff for Sandow in all of this. I don't think there will be, but it would be nice if he got a rub down the road for dropping the briefcase to free up the WHC.

The pay off was that he got to show the world Cena could overcome the odds, what a honour.

Maybe take a well-deserved vacation. Go see Bolivia. Deliver some squirtguns to starving children.
I'll take care of the Bovember thread.

Konnichiwa

That's Japanese for goodbye

Boose

Wtf Jericho is one of my all time fave five, but he just admitted to liking Lori on the walking dead.

He just got dropped out of my top 5 for that shit.

jmdajr

Wtf Jericho is one of my all time fave five, but he just admitted to liking Lori on the walking dead.

He just got dropped out of my top 5 for that shit.

I like Chris. Read his books, like his band.

Sometimes he says or does things that would even embarrass me.
Not an easy task.

I've got a feeling that Big Show's going to win the avatar rumble. Again. Unless we make a conscious decision not to select him, of course. This has to be Zandig's year, although Freight Train or Bo would be acceptable alternatives.

Oh, and good to see you back from your wellness violation Vinny McFlower.

I've got a feeling that Big Show's going to win the avatar rumble. Again. Unless we make a conscious decision not to select him, of course. This has to be Zandig's year, although Freight Train or Bo would be acceptable alternatives.

Show should not be eligible to enter as he is already a winner.

Jerry Flynn or bust.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

The question is, is it all about the entrant number or their skill? Show was #30. The ultimate advantage. He was huge and last. Zandig never did get eliminated, though.

I'm really excited to see who is WrassleGAF's 2014 Mascot. And let's be honest - the WrassleGAF Mascot is an honor. Big Show's career was revitalized this year after he won. Look at him now! People LEGITIMATELY like what he's been doing.

Was there anything in the dirt sheets over the last year that said Big Show was nearing the end of his in ring days?

Sending him out in the main event is the only way this current push makes any sense unless he caught Trips fondling the NXT ladies or something.

The question is, is it all about the entrant number or their skill? Show was #30. The ultimate advantage. He was huge and last. Zandig never did get eliminated, though.

Exactly! Zandig was freaking robbed. He's taking it this year.

I feel like Show would have won had he entered anywhere in the second half of the Rumble, the big characters seem to have such an advantage in that match.

Vince McMahon said:
I'm really excited to see who is WrassleGAF's 2014 Mascot. And let's be honest - the WrassleGAF Mascot is an honor. Big Show's career was revitalized this year after he won. Look at him now! People LEGITIMATELY like what he's been doing.

I hope that, whoever it is, they can provide as many awesome avatars as Big Shoe did.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So which one of you jerks is going to enter one of the Young Bucks in the Rumble, or Devitt?

I'd love if Sin Cara won, but there's no fucking way. Unless we book him to lose. Then he'll botch that.

jred2k

Was there anything in the dirt sheets over the last year that said Big Show was nearing the end of his in ring days?

Sending him out in the main event is the only way this current push makes any sense unless he caught Trips fondling the NXT ladies or something.

I remember watching an interview with him around 'Mania and he said he had just signed a new 5-year deal. No idea if he's expected to perform through that whole contract or if it'll turn in to a legends deal or something. I really don't want to see what Big Shows knees/legs would be like after 5 more years of bumps.

So which one of you jerks is going to enter one of the Young Bucks in the Rumble, or Devitt?

I'd love if Sin Cara won, but there's no fucking way. Unless we book him to lose. Then he'll botch that.

Did you have an entrant last year or did you just set everything up? If you have an entrant I think you pretty much have to pick Vince. However, you might lose your identity if we all had to have Vince avatars.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did you have an entrant last year or did you just set everything up? If you have an entrant I think you pretty much have to pick Vince. However, you might lose your identity if we all had to have Vince avatars.

Batista was my entrant, he was like #6 or so.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just to clarify, we're not picking entrants yet, but...

I would like to know who you WOULD pick if we were. It's interesting. I'd go with Vince though, no question. NO CHANCE! He's an ex-winner also.

jred2k

Stro's reviews are a bastion of wacky faces that would make good avatars. Disco or Buff would be near the top of my list.

I'd love to take Tenay if I thought he had any chance of winning.

vlcsnap-00069_zpsa6a26fcc.png

Zertez

After thinking about Hell in a Cell and Raw last night some more, Im curious how much Shawn got paid to be the person to screw Daniel Bryan out of the title again. Shawn isnt above screwing anyone for some cash, but it had to be a decent amount to screw Daniel Bryan. Shawn campaigned hard several years for Bryan now, and he almost severed ties with the company when they released him. He has been one of Daniel Bryan biggest supporters out of the ring. Maybe Daniel Bryan was ok with it and wants to work with Punk trying something new instead of getting screwed out of the title for months on end. I guess when Cena went out, they were completely lost and were afraid to give the belt to anyone and that is why they left it vacate for some time. Im just hoping they dont let Cena unify the belts. Still scratching my head that they let Daniel Bryan beat Cena cleanly, only to strip the belt away from him so quickly. Maybe Cena was ok with it and agreed to it since they hang out with each other a lot and they are dating one part of the Bella twins.

Im very surprised the WWE board members especially Vince was ok with giving Orton their biggest title so soon after his second suspension. Vince was supposedly pissed off the most over the 2nd suspension and didnt want Orton moving above middle card for several years until he proved he was finally clean. Guess they will have to make another Orton cleans up his act dvd updating old material with his newest suspension. I know Vince doesnt have as much say over the company now, but I think he still plays a huge role in big decisions like this. Seems like a very risky situation when he is one strike away from being terminated for life. Wonder if they will hold Orton to the 3 strike policy. The guy definitely has talent, but he continues to screw up time after time.

Im not sure it will be Orton and Show feuding since they threw Kane into the picture for no good reason other than to work with Show. It was puzzling seeing Kane come back and with little reasoning agree to help Stephanie. It was very lazy writing. The whole thing seemed very sloppy and rushed, but it did give them another big man vs big man feud that they desperately want. I guess they figured they could just throw them together and then write a story explaining it. The move allows them to take the Shield away from being bodyguards for Stephanie/Triple H and move them in a new direction. Kane would become the new "bodyguard".

After last nights commentary pointing out how Triple H didnt come to help Shawn, think they are going to push Shawn/Triple H going into WM. It will be friend vs. friend to see who the better man is once and for all. That would be a tough match to predict. Would Triple H ego be ok with Shawn winning again, or is Shawn broke enough to lose at possibly his last WM. Shawn seems to burn through his money pretty quickly for someone who doesnt use drugs or gamble. Things have been quiet from Lesnar for awhile, and it seems like they have kept him out of the story lines on purpose, so he will be free for Taker at WM. Maybe they are just running low on dates they can use Lesnar stated in the contract. I think next years WM is Lesnars last commitment on this contract. Still not sure who Cena is going to feud with now. Sheamus is coming back soon, but figured they would put him with Del Rio for the 12th time, since Cena already buried Del Rio when he could only use one arm...I dont think they can push a Cena/Del Rio feud when Cena beats him his first night back and still injured.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hope the LAW never has Damien Abraham on anymore. Nice guy, really knowledgeable, but he's the worst at NOT talking about himself or his band. I just feel like I have to ffwd over 45 minutes before I get his opinions on wrasslin, which is why I'm there in the first place. The recent Review-A-Raw from last week was excruciating. But I like the guy! I'm so conflicted!

Having Jason and Dan on the Review-A-Wai shows though were spectacular. Breath of fresh air, they were wonderful.

Top Bottom