• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

strobogo

Banned
Me and fallingedge agree on many things, but the young bucks isnt one of them

Also Stro, how is Lego Marvel?

I think it is pretty great. It nails the Marvel style a lot better the Batman 2 did for DC. I think it is on the level of the Star Wars games, which are still the pinacle for LEGO games in my mind. It's really fun, while still being pretty much the same game as all the other LEGO games. I really like it, though. Tons of fan service and combining of the MCU, ASM, and X-Men movie series basically. It's fun.

I had probably the worst experience ever getting a game when I went to get 2K14. I went to make a return. They needed to see ID. I gave them my driver's license. I guess there is supposed to be some kind of logo on the back, which mine did not have. This made them believe that I had a fake ID. So for the next 40 minutes, I was stuck with them calling people about my ID. I couldn't leave because they had my ID. I had to show them my SS card, my car title, and car insurance to prove my ID was who it said it was. They finally got authorization to allow the return and gave me my ID and a gift card for the price of the return.

I head to the games and of course it is a GIRL I have to ask to get the game for me. We get over there and the game hadn't been stocked yet. There were boxes with various games waiting to get put in the display case and I had to stand there as she dug through boxes looking for this WRASSLIN game. It was probably my worst experience both as a wrasslin fan and Walmart shopper. And just for fun, I saw some dick head park his pick up truck over 2 1/2 handicap spots, despite having no tags. He didn't park the spot, he parked ACROSS them, like a total cunt.

I think it is pretty great. It nails the Marvel style a lot better the Batman 2 did for DC. I think it is on the level of the Star Wars games, which are still the pinacle for LEGO games in my mind. It's really fun, while still being pretty much the same game as all the other LEGO games. I really like it, though. Tons of fan service and combining of the MCU, ASM, and X-Men movie series basically. It's fun.

I had probably the worst experience ever getting a game when I went to get 2K14. I went to make a return. They needed to see ID. I gave them my driver's license. I guess there is supposed to be some kind of logo on the back, which mine did not have. This made them believe that I had a fake ID. So for the next 40 minutes, I was stuck with them calling people about my ID. I couldn't leave because they had my ID. I had to show them my SS card, my car title, and car insurance to prove my ID was who it said it was. They finally got authorization to allow the return and gave me my ID and a gift card for the price of the return.

I head to the games and of course it is a GIRL I have to ask to get the game for me. We get over there and the game hadn't been stocked yet. There were boxes with various games waiting to get put in the display case and I had to stand there as she dug through boxes looking for this WRASSLIN game. It was probably my worst experience both as a wrasslin fan and Walmart shopper. And just for fun, I saw some dick head park his pick up truck over 2 1/2 handicap spots, despite having no tags. He didn't park the spot, he parked ACROSS them, like a total cunt.

That's what you get for buying WWE 14. And just think, the game will actually be WORSE than that experience.

charsace

Triple H is the real undertaker for sure. He loves burying guys. So many guys were buried by him. He especially loves to bury guys that show potential to be heels or if they are friends with Orton.

somedevil

WWE Raw viewership for 10/28/13:

Hour 1 - 4.315 million
Hour 2 - 4.185 million
Hour 3 - 3.965 million

Avg: 4.155

Very good for this time of month. The possible 3.0 rating might actually happen. Only negative is the declining viewership.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We simply need a new and better way to track popularity. Social media presence goes a long way as do youtube views.

DMczaf

Hour 1 - 4.315 million
Hour 2 - 4.185 million
Hour 3 - 3.965 million

tumblr_mvfyg0CGEy1sbzhteo6_250.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Cena has a certain audience that watches exclusively for him. It's that simple. Told you guys yesterday a 3.0 was realistic.

3rd hour drop-off is normal, happens most Raw's. 3 hours is just too long.

somedevil

Can't really judge that until the quarter ratings come out. Also, its weird that last year had the same rating decline.

Also, more TNA news:

Dave Meltzer noted on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio that Eric Bischoff will be paid to sit at home for the remainder of his TNA contract, which expires early 2014. Meltzer also mentioned Bischoff is out of power and "gone."

"He wasn't at the PPV, wasn't at the last TV, he won't be around. A lot of people are really happy on that one, Eric was not very well liked there. Eric got exposed... Eric was very lucky that he had some very smart people propping him up in the WCW days and those people aren't there now, and he got exposed on this run real bad."

jmdajr

I feel bad for that Roster. TNA guys were probably making ok money before Hogan/Bischoff came in. And they improved..well, pretty much nothing.

I went to one TNA ppv, back when they still shouted "TNA, TNA, TNA."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There was also a rumour of AJ defending the title in Wrestle-1, which would likely be for their next iPPV, whenever that will be.

Yeah he'll be doing some W-1 shows. Which will be nice, I'll definitely watch.

I feel bad for that Roster. TNA guys were probably making ok money before Hogan/Bischoff came in. And they improved..well, pretty much nothing.

I went to one TNA ppv, back when they still shouted "TNA, TNA, TNA."

You don't own any HHH action figures, you actually attended a TNA PPV...do you even LIKE HHH? I bet you've never even buried someone, have you?

Anth0ny

Cena has a certain audience that watches exclusively for him. It's that simple. Told you guys yesterday a 3.0 was realistic.

3rd hour drop-off is normal, happens most Raw's. 3 hours is just too long.

I don't think it's too long, I think little Jimmies can't stay up past their bed time and mommy only lets them watch 1 or 2 hours of their fake cartoon fighting show then it's off to bed.

or they just stop watching after the Cena match. I bet Smackdown ratings are going to skyrocket this week too...

strobogo

Banned
I'm rereading The Death of WCW for the first time probably since around the time it came out. The stuff going on with TNA is so similar to the behind the scenes stuff in 1999 and 2000 in WCW that is is amazing. Right down to Bischoff being paid to stay at home.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm rereading The Death of WCW for the first time probably since around the time it came out. The stuff going on with TNA is so similar to the behind the scenes stuff in 1999 and 2000 in WCW that is is amazing. Right down to Bischoff being paid to stay at home.

Eerie.

I hear lots of you said TNA would last a year. Any of you want to revise your choice? It's sure sounding like <6 months. Even if the Carters sell it, then it's...what? What is it then?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watched Blade 3 on my vacation. Of course Triple H gets mad when someone says he has a small dick. It's really weird to see him in it.

G-Fex

I'm genuinely shocked we're not getting a 4th Ryback/Punk PPV match. I didn't think fans would get tired of it. Punkverse and all that.

2K Sports Twitter Feed said:
@2KSupport: The team is investigating reports of difficulty connecting to the #WWE2K14 online servers. Please stay tuned!

I don't know about you guys, but I am shocked. Dare I say it, even maybe legit shook.

strobogo

Banned
How many Punk/Ryback matches have there been in the last 12 months? There was HIAC 2012, a triple threat with Cena at SS12, a TLC match on Raw, Battleground, HIAC13, and again on Raw. Am I missing any?

jmdajr

Random rant on Action-Figures.

Growing up my toy line was basically G.I. Joe and Transformers. During that period there were WWF figures but they were poop. In fact, I would actually play wrestling with G.I.Joe figures instead. So much articulation! Once Videogames came out that was pretty much the end of toys.

Fast Forward.

So Todd Mc Farlane changed the business. It was no longer about playing with toys but about shit that looked cool on your shelf. So yeah, that's when I started collecting again. Had some Spawn line figures including movie stuff and that went on for awhile before it just got to be too much. (It got ridiculous)

Outside of that I collected a lot of DBZ stuff some of which look just awesome, and yup, some Street Fighter figures from a great toy line that got cancelled. :\ (no dee jay)

Fast Fast Foward.

I can no longer justify buying any of this stuff or have the room. Maybe if WWE figures were up to par early on I would have jumped in, but nah..never did.

I'll just have to be happy with my HHH tshirt and BluRay

G-Fex

the closest I came to buying an action figure lately was seeing some tmnt at a store. But Nah. Extra smart since the show started sucking with the beginning of this season.

strobogo

Banned
I was really close to buying one of the Adam West Batman figures the other day. They were just so COOL. If I ever hit the lottery and had stupid money, I'd buy so much dumb shit like that. On my list of things to get:

A WWF regulation sized ring, with red white and blue ropes and WWF logos. No WWE anywhere on it.

A full sized Xenomorph.

A full sized Predator.

A full sized Iron Man suit.

A full sized Terminator skeleton.

Ted Dibiase's green suit.

A Hulk Hogan WAR BONNET.

Randy Savage and Ric Flair robes.

I would then pattern my clothing style on Vince McMahon's suits in the 80s and early 90s, and his Summer wear of the 2000s.

G-Fex

That ryse game looks like shit. Then again it's more of a movie so yeah.

Here's to next gen failing harder than the xfl

strobogo

Banned
If the YB win any titles or tournaments in NJPW, my general disinterest of NJPW will bloom into full hate and I'll keep it up as hardcore as G Nobody is about Gaming side.

I wish Maffew would get a job with WWE and make official Botchamanias for WWE.com with all their HD footage. But then there wouldn't be any CZW.

The Young Bucks are phenomenal because the better they get the more I enjoy hating them. Most heels become too easy to like when they're evil, whereas the Bucks are using their god given terribleness to do amazing things. See also: Bo Dallas

jmdajr

So Titanfall is a legit exclusive now.

I guess gaming side is going to be mad, even after mocking it for months.

"did you hear about Titanfall?"

I don't understand them.

tm24

The Young Bucks are phenomenal because the better they get the more I enjoy hating them. Most heels become too easy to like when they're evil, whereas the Bucks are using their god given terribleness to do amazing things. See also: Bo Dallas
Also this.

We can all agree Malachi Jackson was terrible though right?

Top Bottom