• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

G-Fex

There's been two episodes. One set up the season and the other was AMAZING.

You're awful, G-Fex.

Both were pretty bad, like bad eps of Raw. and filler eps usually suck Pescado.

X ANYTHING sucks. They've been consistently keeping comics in the stone age of mouthbreathing manchildren. Thanks X-men/factor/calibur/whatever.

Hi Shao.

Yeah I guess. I just liked first class. Ah well let Scullibundo and Singer celebrate like Steph and Hunter.

jmdajr

Hugh Jackman is too cool for me to outright hate any of them.

Really I only consider Origins,X3 to be technically not good, and yet I can enjoy them.

edit: Wolverine Origins is a great videogame too!

edit edit: X-men comics are actually quite fucking insane. I'm glad the world exists in movies, videogames, and cartoons in a much less ridiculous/simplified form.

G-Fex

X-Men in specific have been responsible for making comic book nerds impossible to talk to. Ridiculous.

I couldn't really talk to nerds or anyone really. Especially pro speedrunners who seem to be the snobbiest stuck up people alive.

Couldn't go to a comic-con without wanting to punch someone after 5 minutes.

How ironic

strobogo

Banned
X-Men can be really cool. Just because some of the movies haven't been doesn't mean the whole concept and group sucks. I liked X2, The Wolverine, and most of First Class. The 90s cartoon and WaTXM are both pretty awesome. There have been a lot of fun games going back to the 16 bit era. I like X-Men. I haven't read much of them in a very long time, though. I guess I did read the big Wolverine vs Cyclops thing, but other than that, I have no idea what is going on with them.

jmdajr

I find a lot of my hobbies are best enjoyed alone. Well alone, or with some friends. Typically open minded laid back ones.

I made a rant awhile ago about staying out of threads of things I like because it just ruins things.

Wrestling and NFL are an exception. I don't know, even with all the complaining people just seem much more reasonable here. Can't say what it is.

G-Fex

X-Men can be really cool. Just because some of the movies haven't been doesn't mean the whole concept and group sucks. I liked X2, The Wolverine, and most of First Class. The 90s cartoon and WaTXM are both pretty awesome. There have been a lot of fun games going back to the 16 bit era. I like X-Men. I haven't read much of them in a very long time, though. I guess I did read the big Wolverine vs Cyclops thing, but other than that, I have no idea what is going on with them.

Yeah I'm very much out of the loop. Maybe it's just not for me.

I find a lot of my hobbies are best enjoyed alone. Well alone, or with some friends. Typically open minded laid back ones.

I made a rant awhile ago about staying out of threads of things I like because it just ruins things.

Wrestling and NFL are an exception. I don't know, even with all the complaining people just seem much more reasonable here. Can't say what it is.

I think that's the good thing is that we're about 1000 times more reasonable and mature than Gaming side.

Least the lot of us that doesn't just post or repost gifs for the heck of it.

Right Plywood?

DMczaf

Titanfall actually makes me want to keep my XBO preorder even less now.

I know for sure they will do a Titanfall bundle in March now. Gotta keep people buying dem boxes. I'll wait for the $399 Titanfall bundle without Kinect.

Downhome

Would you guys be pissed if instead of Vince being the guy helping Big Show that it was instead someone like Eric Bischoff or Shane McMahon? I can't help but wish that it would be something like that instead of even more of the same old recycled thing. I'm not sure how they could explain it, but surely they could do something. It would at least be something unexpected.

DMczaf

I really should sell my PS4 and XBone preorders. They seem to be going for $600-700

I'm keeping my PS4 preorder. Only place I can play next-gen sports games.

Xbox preorder, that shit is either going on Ebay the second I get it from Amazon, or I'm just canceling the preorder outright.

It was around the mid-90s that Xmen got really bad and infected everything. They were tolerable before, but...yeah

G-Fex

Ok so I missed a very important call today but some idiot is texting me for some reason.

Earlier they're like

(yo)

(hello?)

(is this tyler?)

me (No, you have the wrong number)

(ok)

Then they're texting me again

(I'm upset at u..u better be careful)

me (What? Who is this?)

(omg)
(lol)

I swear to god Sunflower if you or Plywood are messing with me I'm going to bonk both your heads

jmdajr

It was around the mid-90s that Xmen got really bad and infected everything. They were tolerable before, but...yeah

Apparently I got into comic books during what is now considered one of the worst eras. The early 90s. All those guys jumping ship for IMAGE, etc.

That being the case, it was fond memories for me. I still heart my Jim Lee X-men collection card set. I think it looks awesome!

(I guess I did collect some stuff after I was done with toys and jumped into videogames)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Incorrect texts are the best. Go fucking bananas. Challenge them to fights! It's the only way you can do it Fex.

Ok so I missed a very important call today but some idiot is texting me for some reason.

Earlier they're like

(yo)

(hello?)

(is this tyler?)

me (No, you have the wrong number)

(ok)

Then they're texting me again

(I'm upset at u..u better be careful)

me (What? Who is this?)

(omg)
(lol)

I swear to god Sunflower if you or Plywood are messing with me I'm going to bonk both your heads
I got some of these before. One was a text that said "I luv u boo." The other was about some textbook.

My name sure isn't Boo. I should've played along.

jmdajr

I am not Tyler Reks stop it.

Don't make me snitch on you to Doctor Love again.

Don't be pulling a Kevin Nash text on me!

heh. Kevin Nash. You know I feel bad for people comparing Show to Nash as far as coming in to hug the spotlight. I mean sure, they did assist in pushing big faces out the way but come on...at least Show is putting in decent work. That slob Kevin Nash didn't even fucking try. He just thought he had to show up and be tall. I commend Show for probbaly putting in some of his best work ever. It will be frowned upon however because of how it relates to D. Bry. (I can understand)

strobogo

Banned
Would you guys be pissed if instead of Vince being the guy helping Big Show that it was instead someone like Eric Bischoff or Shane McMahon? I can't help but wish that it would be something like that instead of even more of the same old recycled thing. I'm not sure how they could explain it, but surely they could do something. It would at least be something unexpected.

It should be Hulk Hogan. Before he slammed him and created the rip in the time/space continum that led to the formation of the Punkverse, Hogan made a promise to Andre that he would always watch after Andre's son. The Giant was that son.

G-Fex

I got some of these before. One was a text that said "I luv u boo." The other was about some textbook.

My name sure isn't Boo. I should've played along.
Where did this boo business start anyway Harry?

Girls have a thing for ghosts or something?
heh. Kevin Nash. You know I feel bad for people comparing Show to Nash as far as coming in to hug the spotlight. I mean sure, they did assist in pushing big faces out the way but come on...at least Show is putting in decent work. That slob Kevin Nash didn't even fucking try. He just thought he had to show up and be tall. I commend Show for probbaly putting in some of his best work ever. It will be frowned upon however because of how it relates to D. Bry. (I can understand)

decent work? He's just fat hand slapping people in the face. Least Nash powerbombed people and spoke a mean promo! Plus he beat down Hunter with a sledgehammer and injured him badly!

Show drove a semi into the arena and...parked it. Then I assume he reversed it, returned it to the rental place and got his deposit back.

Plus Kevin Nash is a crazy man~!

jmdajr

decent work? He's just fat hand slapping people in the face. Least Nash powerbombed people and spoke a mean promo! Plus he beat down Hunter with a sledgehammer and injured him badly!

Show drove a semi into the arena and...parked it. Then I assume he reversed it, returned it to the rental place and got his deposit back.

Plus Kevin Nash is a crazy man~!

BIG SHOW HAS PASSION! HE DON'T NEED NO TEXT!

G-Fex

Speaking of , text update.

my last message (Yes this is the wrong number cause I don't know you)

him (Ok u be punk)

WHAT? He called me a punk!

jmdajr

Speaking of , text update.

my last message (Yes this is the wrong number cause I don't know you)

him (Ok u be punk)

WHAT? He called me a punk!

tumblr_m2yxazkYCw1qiwd8jo5_250_large.gif

it can't be...

Kevin-Nash-Returns-500x300_crop_340x234_display_image_display_image.jpg

strobogo

Banned
Lol, Hogan's AI is SO cheap for the Warrior match. Even video game Hulk is pissed at having to job.

Even more lol is in the hype video for Flair vs Savage, there is a brief shot of Flair showing Vince pictures of he and Liz in some fancy restaurant. Vince has a wine glass of MILK.

G-Fex

Lol, Hogan's AI is SO cheap for the Warrior match. Even video game Hulk is pissed at having to job.

Even more lol is in the hype video for Flair vs Savage, there is a brief shot of Flair showing Vince pictures of he and Liz in some fancy restaurant. Vince has a wine glass of MILK.

seriously? That reminds me of that time they brought over an ultraman show to america on fox I think and it was just the japanese show but dubbed, and they were drinking at a bar and said it was apple juice LOL.

That makes me wonder if the AI is just unfairly on NIGHTMARE difficulty for defeating the Taker streak.

cause the NL guys couldn't do it last night.

They did however defend the streak!

http://www.twitch.tv/newlegacyinc/c/3160124

I crack up at the impressions

strobogo

Banned
seriously? That reminds me of that time they brought over an ultraman show to america on fox I think and it was just the japanese show but dubbed, and they were drinking at a bar and said it was apple juice LOL.

That makes me wonder if the AI is just unfairly on NIGHTMARE difficulty for defeating the Taker streak.

cause the NL guys couldn't do it last night.

They did however defend the streak!

http://www.twitch.tv/newlegacyinc/c/3160124

I crack up at the impressions

I'm not talking about a video game version. I'm talking about the actual segment that aired on TV in 1992. Vince in his 3 piece plaidish suit in this ritzy restaurant/bar and he's got a wine glass full of milk. Maybe it was Muscle Milk. Whatever it was, it made me do an actual lol at how silly it was.

G-Fex

Guys, i want that zelda 3ds so bad.

Also, BASKETBALL!

basketball game on the 3DS?

Which reminds me, how come the portables aren't putting sports games over? There's no baseball games for 3DS and only one madden title and no basketball games or hockey games or anything.

Vita has got the right idea

I'm not talking about a video game version. I'm talking about the actual segment that aired on TV in 1992. Vince in his 3 piece plaidish suit in this ritzy restaurant/bar and he's got a wine glass full of milk. Maybe it was Muscle Milk. Whatever it was, it made me do an actual lol at how silly it was.

yeah I saw the live video segments but I didn't notice vince much less the milk. First time I even heard of the feud.

So maybe Vince likes FANCY GREENWICH MILK!

strobogo

Banned
When he's critical, hit just A to grapple, and then A again to slam. I couldn't figure it out either, but it actually tells you how to do it before the match.

Ultratech

Same here.

What little I hear of them though is usually through the few comic threads on the OT.

It should be Hulk Hogan. Before he slammed him and created the rip in the time/space continum that led to the formation of the Punkverse, Hogan made a promise to Andre that he would always watch after Andre's son. The Giant was that son.

It's so insane, it might work.

tm24

The xmen are in a great place right now. Good stuff

G-Fex

The ultimate burial--not even man enough to pedigree.

That was a selling point--there's an entire difficulty mode higher than Nightmare for when you try to tackle the Streak.

Even Cena's powers wouldn't work.

Truly WM Taker is on a whole new level.

Also, Andre took Big John Studd's money and just threw it in the audience?!?? That's crazy and irresponsible!

Ithil

We simply need a new and better way to track popularity. Social media presence goes a long way as do youtube views.

Nielsen ratings have been outdated and limited for years and years now. I'm shocked they haven't started making better ways of measuring these things.

I'm rereading The Death of WCW for the first time probably since around the time it came out. The stuff going on with TNA is so similar to the behind the scenes stuff in 1999 and 2000 in WCW that is is amazing. Right down to Bischoff being paid to stay at home.
How did Sting not tell everyone to steer clear of that dumpster fire?

Or does he not care/only care about money and Jeezuz?

Top Bottom