• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

Hope y'all are ready for minoruvember

tumblr_muir6g2POm1rkxaj4o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mtpcui1RMK1shsnaco8_250.gif

tumblr_mtpcui1RMK1shsnaco1_250.gif

tumblr_mqt3bx3CBl1qbaep1o1_250.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Speaking of stupid things, I just bought a 3DS for the fourth time. Granted, I gave one away, but that still leaves a couple of 3DS XL's.

In my own defense, it's a North-American 3DS along with SMT IV.

I blame Nintendo. And Atlus, them too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of stupid things, I just bought a 3DS for the fourth time. Granted, I gave one away, but that still leaves a couple of 3DS XL's.

In my own defense, it's a North-American 3DS along with SMT IV.

I blame Nintendo. And Atlus, them too.

Can't you just have a baby or something? People spend a lot of money on those things, and when they come of age, they can work in your stead.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know for a company with such a diehard fanbase, Nintendo sure doesn't seem to care about their core fanbase. I mean it took Gamestop telling them to do it and how many years for a US release of Xenoblade?

Meanwhile Sony just put out Puppeteer like day and date with its Japanese release?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You know for a company with such a diehard fanbase, Nintendo sure doesn't seem to care about their core fanbase. I mean it took Gamestop telling them to do it and how many years for a US release of Xenoblade?

Meanwhile Sony just put out Puppeteer like day and date with its Japanese release?

When you treat your core fanbase like shit and they defend you further, that's how you know you can do no wrong.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vader. That's like asking what's going to sell more Pokemon or GTA

Vader's powerbomb is better than Batista's?

Honestly I may go with Kevin Nash. Never mind the botches, I always loved how he did his.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Vader's powerbomb is way better than Batista's
The only contention of powerbombs is are you a Vader man or a Mike Awesome man.

Diesel's powerbomb isn't a good powerbomb, but it's a good powerbomb for his character, weirdly enough. Like, anyone else doing jackknives looks stupid. But Diesel doing them is cool because Diesel is cool. It's such a casual powerbomb, the way big daddy cool just kind of drops them because he knows he's tall and doesn't even have to apply force

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Awesome Bomb was pretty awesome. It is what it was.

XShagrath

Diesel's powerbomb isn't a good powerbomb, but it's a good powerbomb for his character, weirdly enough. Like, anyone else doing jackknives looks stupid. But Diesel doing them is cool because Diesel is cool. It's such a casual powerbomb, the way big daddy cool just kind of drops them because he knows he's tall and doesn't even have to apply force

I always referred to Nash's powerbombs as powerdrops. I always felt he had the shittiest powerbomb because he didn't apply the force.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

That's...exactly it. Wonder why I like it so much?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Weirdly enough, one of the best looking jackknives was done to Undertaker instead of a small guy
powerbomb_o_gifsoupcom.gif

That's...exactly it. Wonder why I like it so much?

Because Nash plays a giant role. An intelligent giant but still a giant. Which means that, yeah, he doesn't have a lot of moves. But the few he does have you know are just leading up to the jackknife. It only works for big guys and they have to be booked like it, but sometimes less is more.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Taker's landing sold that well. Just a big WHUMP. No bounce.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I liked Vader's powerbombs because he crippled that one guy so everytime I saw it I thought it was the most legit thing ever.
I liked Awesome's powerbombs because it wasn't just one. He could hit you with a sit-down, over the shoulder, or just a standard one. And he could pull it out of nowhere.
On the other spectrum, I liked the jackknife because you know it's coming. It builds up to it. And I love that Nash will do stuff when he's fixing to lift them to just drag it on more. And like I said, it's one of the most 'fitting' moves to a wrestler just like the tombstone is to Undertaker and the stunner is to Stone Cold.

Basically any powerbomb that has the guy doing it still on his feet is the best. None of that having to get back up BS.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Basically any powerbomb that has the guy doing it still on his feet is the best. None of that having to get back up BS.

Batista did a good sit-out though right up to his feet. I always liked that.

And yeah, D'Lo's running powerbomb was pretty dope.

bjork

I haven't watched any of it in a long time, but I feel like the announcing during Diesel's time was done in a way so that you'd be like, "oh shit, if he hits the jack knife, this is over." Then the slow pause with him putting his arm up before lifting the guy, etc. It was presented in a way to make it more important than it was?

Better than Sid's around that time, at any rate.

BFIB

So Cena returns, Sandow beats him down, and yet Cena still wins? LOL WWE.

Best Powerbomb? Loved me some Sid ones. At work, so I can't pull them up.

Aiii

So not worth it
So Cena returns, Sandow beats him down, and yet Cena still wins? LOL WWE.

Best Powerbomb? Loved me some Sid ones. At work, so I can't pull them up.

CENA OVERCAME HIS INJURY TO STAY CHAMPION. RISE ABOVE. HUSTLE LOYALTY RESPECT. WHAT AN ATHLETE!

jred2k

The worst part of that whole thing for me was Cole's announcing when Cena won. He sounds like such a fucking cheerleader. Hes trying to deliver this big moment, but its such forced enthusiasm cause its all such bullshit. At least JBL sounded mystified in the "I have no idea why the fuck that happened" kind of way.

I agree. No need for MitB, just have a multi-tag team ladder match for the titles at Mania to make up for it, then replace the MitB PPV with a tournament.

WWE needs some damn tournaments.

jmdajr

They need to scrap MITB. It's only been done well once, the first time.

I guess the problem is sometimes they have no one worthy of elevating, but someone has to win.

Not saying Sandow didn't deserve it, but you had no faces to go up against. Cody went on to other things and Ziggler got figuratively pedigreed.

Striker

I guess the problem is sometimes they have no one worthy of elevating, but someone has to win.

Not saying Sandow didn't deserve it, but you had no faces to go up against. Cody went on to other things and Ziggler got figuratively pedigreed.
Dolph's been pedigreed since post-Rumble. They used him for tag fodder outside the short existent WHC run.

Kind of eager to see Dean Ambrose once he is on his own and away from Rollins and Reigns. Should easily be one of the more entertaining heels.

Supposedly, WWE did a big round of Wellness tests backstage at Raw Monday and a few people popped positive. Suspensions may be coming.

Oh god, isn't Ohno on their current tour? Hope they didn't catch him injecting Twinkies

They need to scrap MITB. It's only been done well once, the first time.

Punk stealing Jeff Hardy's thunder was pretty delightful, but otherwise yeah it either needs to be retooled or shelved

Top Bottom