• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

zychi

Banned
Will the PPV tonight be seen as great because hype is so low, or now that I have reliazed hype is so low, will I expect the PPV to be great, and be left dissopointed?

I'm already disappointed and it hasn't even aired yet.

Unless the ending turns DBrine into a year long champ, this is going to be a terrrrrrrible ppv

edit: new page! time for an emma gif(w summer coming out of character too!)
30k3i13.gif

Will the PPV tonight be seen as great because hype is so low, or now that I have reliazed hype is so low, will I expect the PPV to be great, and be left dissopointed?

This is the bathroom breaks of PPVs nothing will happen WWE is just trying to get to Survivor Series at this point. Bryan may win the WWE title...ok WHO CARES. He's a two time champion already and he will get screwed out of it somehow.

Although I do want to see more Rhodes family

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
She loves final fantasy and MGS, just like meeeeee.

What happens when I tell these nerds that joshis play that shit regularly and it's the real deal instead of some weaboo bs like AJ?
image32doscm.jpg

I could be playing Monster Hunter 4 with her right now.

The Rhodes Brothers vs. Shield match is the only one i'm really looking forward to, and i guess whatever happens in the main event. They need to inject something interesting into this feud. Brie Bella is not enough.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
dsfsdfrtomy.gif

13774044813111tqpzi.gif

At first I was upset Iizuka didn't go to the theme park with Yano, Ishii, Jado and Gedo but then I realized Iizuka probably got banned for picking fights with everyone.

Wake me up when post-Wrestlemania Raw is on.

You mean the Cena title celebration extravaganza? He's gonna win the Rumble and then stand up for D-Brine the only way Cena knows how, by winning the WWE Title from Randy Orton.

Dragonzord said:
Too busy only working promotions that'll make her permanently number one
Kana Nash more like

h832KvK.jpg

G-Fex said:
they love flashy text for some reason.

SMH Japan

It's just a different cultural sensibility. Japanese people think it's equally weird that Western (especially American) news shows have sound effects to accompany graphics/bars/charts that move in on the screen.

You mean the Cena title celebration extravaganza? He's gonna win the Rumble and then stand up for D-Brine the only way Cena knows how, by winning the WWE Title from Randy Orton.

...................................................................................

Just lemme sleep.

zychi

Banned
I hated Goldberg after he beat Hogan. His WWE run was terrible and he made me hate the 5 moves of doom guys(road dogg, hogan, goldberg, cena). His run in WCW until the Hogan fight was great, and his "feud" with Jericho is my favorite thing Goldberg ever did

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's the little girl in blue right? I was watching it earlier when Syuri posted it on her site.

I think it's a translation thing. I think in Japanese English it's Shuri and in American/European English it's Syuri.

It sucks when she fights younger girls or returning ones because she really pulls back on her strikes. She's too nice to be a joshi sometimes.

It's the little girl in blue right? I was watching it earlier when Syuri posted it on her site.

Yeah, that's the one - Makoto's from Ice Ribbon originally, but signed to Tajiri's WNC promotion.

iUQH9aSR4U0jt.jpg

Dragonzord said:
It sucks when she fights younger girls or returning ones because she really pulls back on her strikes. She's too nice to be a joshi sometimes.

I agree, but not all the joshi are trained in shootstyle to that degree - at least when Syuri wrestle someone like Kana or Hikaru Shida she can go all out.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If they actually build it up for like a year and find a proper venue for it, the return match for KANA vs Syuri will be the biggest thing in joshi wrestling since the 90s.

If they actually build it up for like a year and find a proper venue for it, the return match for KANA vs Syuri will be the biggest thing in joshi wrestling since the 90s.

It's easily the best sort-of-feud in joshi for the past few years (they've had six matches so far, by my count), it's just a shame Kana had such a falling out with WNC, as I'm not sure another Kana/Syuri match would get the proper build outside of Syuri's home promotion.

Aiii

So not worth it
"I just don't give a fuck to do a write-up"-predicition time for WWE Placeholder 2013!

Dolph Ziggler vs. Damien Sandow
Kofi Kingston vs, Bray Wyatt
AJ Lee vs. Brie Bella
Curtis Axel vs. R-Truth
Cody Rhodes & Goldust vs. The Shield
Alberto Del Rio vs. Rob van Dam
(Cash-in:) Rob van Dam vs. Damien Sandow
CM Punk vs. Ryback (by DQ)
Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton (No Contest or DQ via Big Show)

It's remarkable how little of a shit I give about this PPV.

The Rhodes Boys vs The Shield is the only match I'm remotely interested in, everything else is overly telegraphed or just incredibly dull.

Also, I would love it if WWE god rid of these nothing PPVs and replaced them with tournaments. Remember tournaments? They're like gimmick PPVs, but you don't need any reason to have them other than to 'shake up' a division - tag titles stuck in a rut? Tournament. US title lost in purgatory? Tournament. IC title all but forgotten about? Tournament.

strobogo

Banned
Listen, I've seen at least 3 tournaments in these WCW viewings and they sucked. All of them. One night tournaments are the worst. Fuck King of the Ring unless it happens over a few weeks. Only semi finals and finals should be done on the same night. No four round bullshit in one night.

FUCK YOU SPRING STAMPEDE 2000

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also, I would love it if WWE god rid of these nothing PPVs and replaced them with tournaments. Remember tournaments? They're like gimmick PPVs, but you don't need any reason to have them other than to 'shake up' a division - tag titles stuck in a rut? Tournament. US title lost in purgatory? Tournament. IC title all but forgotten about? Tournament.
My favorite event from WWE was ALWAYS King of the Ring. It wasn't always perfect, but some of my favorite pushes of all time came from it.

HarleyRace_display_image_display_image.jpg

macho_king.jpg

owenhart-kotr94.jpg

19960623_austin.jpg

Kurt_Angle.jpg

King_Booker_Pose.jpg

20080421_regal.jpg

Unlike MITB which just meant you were a loser who got lucky, KoTR meant you were somebody, unless you were Sheamus. Could you imagine King Swiss?

Listen, I've seen at least 3 tournaments in these WCW viewings and they sucked. All of them.

Something in WCW sucked? Pffft, pull the other one. It's got bells on.

strobogo said:
One night tournaments are the worst. Fuck King of the Ring unless it happens over a few weeks. Only semi finals and finals should be done on the same night. No four round bullshit in one night.

I agree that longer tournaments are better, although that's not to say you can't have a good single night tournament. It's rare, I'll concede, but not impossible.

But, really, how hard would it be to fill a single throwaway WWE PPV and three weeks of TV build-up with a tournament? So easy. Including RAW & Smackdown, you'd have 15 hours of television to get the preliminary matches out of the way, leaving the semis & final for the PPV.

Dragonzord said:
My favorite event from WWE was ALWAYS King of the Ring. It wasn't always perfect, but some of my favorite pushes of all time came from it.

Yeah, I always loved KotR, it always disappointed me to see WWE give it such short shrift in recent years. Same goes for Survivor Series.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Marc Mero sucks so fucking bad. He's so boring despite doing these high flying moves, and it's almost like he's not sure what his gimmick is

...In fact, it reminds me of someone.
tumblr_mtornflHIb1rkf4k0o1_500.jpg

2 Cold Scorpio sucks too. Same deal.

strobogo

Banned
I was with you until you brought up 2 Cold. Do you specifically mean 1998 WWF JOB Squad Scorpio? You'd have a point if that was the case, but ECW/WCW Scorp was DA BOMB.

Top Bottom