• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

krae_man

Do these shitty D-tier PPVs actually make the company money? Are they obligated to have these PPV events to meet some contractual demands with television providers or something?

Seriously wondering why this PPV even exists. It's got the most generic title ever to boot.

Judging by the shitty ticket sales I would say its not making money

Ryback is supposed to be a monster

but he's got all this padding like some pussy like Edge or Christian or Tommy Dreamer.

Agreed.

Also, how can I take any 'monster' seriously when he doesn't even do a powerbomb? Worst finisher in WWE currently...actually, scratch that, Big E's is worse.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Agreed.

Also, how can I take any 'monster' seriously when he doesn't even do a powerbomb? Worst finisher in WWE currently...actually, scratch that, Big E's is worse.

Really? Both of those seem fine to me.

Theres Miz. And CM Punk.

But Christian still has the worst finisher of all time. So terrible.

There's so little impact to either move - the marching thing Ryback does is dumb and the lift isn't at all impressive when you've got Cesaro showing off his crazy feats of strength on the same shows. As for Big E, where's the impact of that move supposed to be? He lands on the floor, his opponent lands on top of him.

In general, the whole roster suffers because they can't use any powerbomb type move, can only use the most basic of suplexes and can't use any sort of driver. It's really limiting.

Ithil said:
Curtis Axel's is worse still.

I can't even remember what Axel's finisher is.

XenoRaven

There's so little impact to either move - the marching thing Ryback does is dumb and the lift isn't at all impressive when you've got Cesaro showing off his crazy feats of strength on the same shows. As for Big E, where's the impact of that move supposed to be? He lands on the floor, his opponent lands on top of him.

In general, the whole roster suffers because they can't use any powerbomb type move, can only use the most basic of suplexes and can't use any sort of driver. It's really limiting.

He gets them in sort of a neckbreaker type hold and then falls forward and drops them on their face.

Its understandable though. I would not trust Ryback with that move.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So does like Vince know that he's got both Cesaro and Titus who are super strong and good wrestlers that would do a way better job in Ryback's spot?

Penguin

So does like Vince know that he's got both Cesaro and Titus who are super strong and good wrestlers that would do a way better job in Ryback's spot?

Sometimes its better to look the part than be the part

Remember when they tried to push Mason Ryan and Big Zeke... looked strong as hell.. couldn't lift a paper bag, but looked the part

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Remember when they tried to push Mason Ryan and Big Zeke... looked strong as hell.. couldn't lift a paper bag, but looked the part

Even here, Titus looks huge on Ryback's shoulders. Ryback looks like Tazz by comparison
20121126_raw_ryback_titus.jpg

"@MartyDeRosa; It would be fun if #BoundForGlory opens w/ @JeffJarrettTNA waking up from a bad dream & then go to a live shot of the 6-sided ring."

Lawl, I know that's a joke...but I'd totally be on board if TNA just erased the past three years and carried on like it was 2010.

"@MartyDeRosa; It would be fun if #BoundForGlory opens w/ @JeffJarrettTNA waking up from a bad dream & then go to a live shot of the 6-sided ring."

Lawl, I know that's a joke...but I'd totally be on board if TNA just erased the past three years and carried on like it was 2010.

haha amazing.

Make it so.

About as happy as a West Ham fan can be :)

I love the wins that are entirely unexpected, makes it all the more enjoyable. And I'm always ecstatic to see us beat the Spuds, especially in such convincing fashion.

The difference is Ryback got saved by his catchphrase and being able to speak English. Both Zeke and Ryan accents are way too thick. Zeke got WHATed back to developmental it was hilarious. I can see Paige also having this problem where her accent is way too thick good thing she's learning to speak slowly so it doesn't come out as much.

Ryback keeps botching stuff though, how do you mess up simple table spots. The Tensai failure lift is one of the biggest fuck ups in a long time though

yeah closest we got to Goldberg in terms of looking and being strong is Cesaro and i doubt he's going anywhere. mid card for life, sadly.

somedevil

This would work a hell a lot better when he woke up in the dream Vince Russo was never hired in 2006.

Brera

Banned
The difference is Ryback got saved by his catchphrase and being able to speak English. Both Zeke and Ryan accents are way too thick. Zeke got WHATed back to developmental it was hilarious. I can see Paige also having this problem where her accent is way too thick good thing she's learning to speak slowly so it doesn't come out as much.

Ryback keeps botching stuff though, how do you mess up simple table spots. The Tensai failure lift is one of the biggest fuck ups in a long time though

Didn't Tensai sandbag him?

Remembered that there is a PPV on tonight and noticed its free on sky sports and I'm off work tomorrow - still probably won't bother with it

Also I am as strong as Cesaro I did an awesome giant swing on my son today - he's 2

somedevil

Also right now the odds haven't had a big swing yet. So either the swings with happen late, the WWE finally clamped down or this pay per view doesn't have the interest.

If the odds hold we might get a Vince Russo swerve on the pay per view.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
The reason for double ppvs in October is so the company can give out Christmas bonuses when the ppv revenue kicks in after 60 days.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I'm getting drunk today and watching the PPV regardless of work tommorrow! Who's with me???

Not getting drunk (although that would make this PPV 1000 times better, I bet!), but I'm off tomorrow and Tuesday, so sure, will watch this instant-classic of a PPV.

zychi

Banned
oh I have two tvs in the room. so NFL/NBA and PPV will be in full effect. Party getting started already. Got the cowboys vs broncos on right now. Beer is flowing and chips are dippin. wooooo

I have a tv and two nice monitors. I'm still not watching this garbage ppv.
NFL on the hdtv, gta v or bf3 on one monitor, and baseball playoffs on the other
I'll tune in around 945 cst and watch the ending of the bryan match. Thats all.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think so.

I mean, Zelda games aren't a big deal since you didn't even play that one before. What other gaping holes are in your soul brah? It's like when a friend of yours says they never saw Predator...you gotta fix that shit stat!

Top Bottom