• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

To be fair to Punk, everyone not named Rhodes seems to be holding in whatever the fuck they're doing right now. The only angle I can see actually ending from last night is RVD/ADR and that is more by virtues of RVD's contract ending.

jmdajr

In no order

Transformers
G.I. Joe.
DuckTales
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
He-Man
Ghostbusters
Thundercats

edit: DBZ and Batman were amazing, but I was no longer a kid.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Childhood Cartoon Fav Five:
1. Darkwing Duck
2. The Real Ghostbusters
3. Duck Tales
4. Rescue Rangers
5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

...I think it's time for this, I agree.

5. Voltron
4. COPS
3. original Transformers
2. Danger Mouse
1. Heathcliff

Why do I go to Twitter and Tumblr?

Seriously, so AJ now travels on Punk's bus apparently, which is good for them. Who cares? Well, I guess the people on Twitter/Tumblr do, because jesus fuck, the things these people write makes you lose all faith in humanity.

It literally varies from the usual slut-shaming (mostly towards Punk weirdly enough, because he's dated several female wrestlers) to AJ being a "home-wrecker" because Punk is supposed to be with Lita, because they were at the HoF ceremony together and that means he was dating her, and AJ ruined that... Or something. To stories about how much better Lita is than AJ in every way and what not. And how Punk is going to ruin the sweet girl AJ is and her tattoo is proof of that.

Dear fucking me, you guys call me fanatic about AJ, but the fans these two have makes you realise why Punk is such a dick to pretty much everyone that approaches him.

All I care about is poor Kofi, he has got to be booted off of that bus now, who does he travel and play Xbox with now?

It's called female wrestling fans. They are the same ones that write romantic fan fictions about Randy Orton and Cody Rhodes, and then send them to Orton so he could read them. Punk showed off his bus once it has a master bedroom and 4 small bunks in the main area, so Kofi can be in his bunk

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No love for batman , Spider-man or x-men?

Hell no. Also 80s. We're grown folk. Also every X-anything has sucked ASS. The X-Men fucking blow no matter what year, no matter what iteration. Spider-Man has always been lame. Batman has always been overrated except in the 60s.

Miss Riot

Neo Member
It's called female wrestling fans. They are the same ones that write romantic fan fictions about Randy Orton and Cody Rhodes, and then send them to Orton so he could read them. Punk showed off his bus once it has a master bedroom and 4 small bunks in the main area, so Kofi can be in his bunk

thanks for dismissing me like that. there are males out there that do the same thing. it's not just "females"

Hell no. Also 80s. We're grown folk. Also every X-anything has sucked ASS. The X-Men fucking blow no matter what year, no matter what iteration. Spider-Man has always been lame. Batman has always been overrated except in the 60s.

Hold on a minute playa! Voltron, GI joe, thunder cats are dope. But BATS is timeless.

Spider-Man and x- men haven't age well but it seems down own handst seen spectacular Spider-Man or wolverine and the x-men

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Great. Sunflower mentioned Heathcliff. Now I'm going to have that theme song stuck in my head for days.

1. Ghostbusters
2. Thundercats
3. BraveStarr
4. Danger Mouse
5. Mysterious Cities of Gold

Also, not a cartoon, but did you guys get Trap Door in the states?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldlCD7GR2JI

Loved that show so much.

Fuuuuck, I also loved Mysterious Cities of Gold. Kickstarted it too.

thanks for dismissing me like that. there are males out there that do the same thing. it's not just "females"

Psh we would never have multi-page discussions about lady wrestlers looks, whether or not they are "real" geeks, make weird lewd unwarranted sexual comments, dismiss any talent they have by citing unfounded backstage rumours... oh wait.

Male wrestling fans are just as bad. Theres this guy on here who tortures himself watching old episodes of WCW. Oh and some guy who wears wrestling shirts in public.

krae_man

I didn't really have any cartoons I watched religiously except for the Simpsons. If I had to pick some I'd say Tiny Toons and Animaniacs and I don't know Gargoyles maybe.

Goldberg DVD out tomorrow! Anyone gettin it?

Seems like a wait for netflix.

Edit: gargoyles was awesome .

Also any one Remember mummies alive! Loved that show

Miss Riot

Neo Member
Male wrestling fans are just as bad. Theres this guy on here who tortures himself watching old episodes of WCW. Oh and some guy who wears wrestling shirts in public.

the fact that you specified that female wrestling fans are the ones who act out in particular ways speaks volumes.

Sokantish

The only cartoons I can remember watching as a kid was TMNT, Ren and Stimpy, Doug, and Beavis and Butthead. I know I watched a lot more, I just can't remember them. :(

Penguin

Oh

Fave Five Childhood Cartoons

1)Batman: TAS (No Surprise if you follow my history on this site at all!)
2)Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
3)Darkwing Duck
4)Tiny Toons
5)The Flinstones (It was airing when I was a kid!)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
i always hated Lundgren as the hero.

dude's so fuckin big it's hard to find good villains for him.

As Frank Castle in the Punisher, perfect. Depends on the roles though. Usually he is the villain until he started to age, now he's a weathered soldier all the time. Y'all see Bridge of Dragons? Shit's dope and horrible.

best Lundgren:

89270425.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That was a top tier Lundgren, but the top of the pops for me is:

ZvFcSDE.jpg

It's like two of my favorite things in one movie!

Dthomp

Speaking of wrestling shirts, do you guys believe that these would be more acceptable in every day life if they removed both the WWE logo and superstar logo from all their shirts?
I thought this while looking at a Respect the Beard shirt, but I hate the giant Daniel Bryan with the ring logo on the back. I've got both the Yes and No shirts and at least the No one removed that terrible logo from the back. It just seems like some of these shirts on their own would be just fine without the extra logos everywhere, some Punk shirts come to mind.

***Also on another totally unrelated note. My wife brought up the craziness about the WWE only donating 20% of the proceeds for the pink gear for the breast cancer cause and pocketing the rest. Which would be fine if the whole draw wasn't to help out the cause. I mean for the 1 million they'll donate, they pocket 4 million. I understand they want to make up for production and what not, but the NFL games yesterday brought up that their pink gear they wore were being auctioned with 100% going towards breast cancer. Maybe I'm thinking too much about this, but 20% seems really weak for a company that makes such a big deal about it every episode for an entire month. Am I off base GAF?

Top Bottom