• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

Jamie OD

I thought Vickie just said it to distract Del Rio. If it is a trick you could have Del Rio injure Cena's arm to take him out of the match. It would at least be consistant with what he's been doing already. Also for Big Show, he could explain that he did everything HHH and Steph told him to do so he never breached his contract and since it is iron clad he can't be fired.

HT UK

Is this whole corporation storyline supposed to be putting over Bryan....or the Big Show? The man who's been given countless opportunities and is still completely irrelevant.

HHH vs. Big Show will main event Bryan's first show as champion.

Is this whole corporation storyline supposed to be putting over Bryan....or the Big Show? The man who's been given countless opportunities and is still completely irrelevant.

HHH vs. Big Show will main event Bryan's first show as champion.

Yeah, they've completely fucked this storyline all up by making the fucking Big Show the center of it now. Bryan is an afterthought.

Forkball

So uh, is this Cena from February 2014 that traveled back in time? That's the only way I can see him being ready after his insane omni-elbow.

Cena returning two months after suffering a torn triceps? How much steroids are they pumping into that guy?

Nothing compared to what Rock is taking

tumblr_muap4xONzR1s1gq81o1_1280.jpg

Striker

Yeah, they've completely fucked this storyline all up by making the fucking Big Show the center of it now. Bryan is an afterthought.
I always looked at it as HHH was the center, now he's just pushing in Show a bit more. Orton and Bryan seem like a side story to it all.

Also wondering what's up with the Cena-ADR plan. If Cena takes the belt off him, I suspect it leads eventually to combining the titles. These separate titles is dumb if there's no brand split or roster to support it.

Brera

Banned
I have to agree with what people have been saying with this Corp story.

They've forgotten that we used to root for Stone Cold and he would always get the upper hand very quickly and Vince would get fucked off. Here....it's just pussy Superstars too scared to lose their jobs and HHH is not really giving an inch to be made to look stupid.

He won't lose any matches.

He won't conceed and be made to look stupid.
Love Bryan but he's too boring and limited in his personality for this one. He's around the same as Cena in terms of Face appeal for the IWC IMO. He can wrestle but man....I'm fucking bored!

Kaladin

Went to the bar last night to watch the Braves lose in the playoffs.....did I miss anything?

This angle seems to have taken a nosedive after the intro. WWE needs some good writers who can fill out their long term plans.

Aiii

So not worth it
Just watching Raw now... So, the knee jerk reaction you have when AJ gets injured is to put Eva Marie in the ring with Aksana. A girl that has no wrestling experience and only a few months of training, against literally the worst main roster (well, aside from JoJo and Eva Marie, apparently) female talent.

What the fuck is wrong with this company?

I thought him running out and beating the shit out of Orton post match in response to all of the times Orton's done it to him as opposed to him just being a sarcastic dick was a change for the better. However then the end of the show happened, I'm really curious to know why they decided to shift the focus to show given his history when Bryan's hotter than Cena to the live crowds.

I have to agree with what people have been saying with this Corp story.

They've forgotten that we used to root for Stone Cold and he would always get the upper hand very quickly and Vince would get fucked off. Here....it's just pussy Superstars too scared to lose their jobs and HHH is not really giving an inch to be made to look stupid.

He won't lose any matches.

He won't conceed and be made to look stupid.
Love Bryan but he's too boring and limited in his personality for this one. He's around the same as Cena in terms of Face appeal for the IWC IMO. He can wrestle but man....I'm fucking bored!

don't worry, Bryan will be were he belongs by Wrestlemania time: midcard. what a waste of a main event slot. not that there's too many people who should be in that spot in the first place.
is Punk still in the Heyman vortex?

and HHH is building himself up to be taken down by the saviour Cena, that much is obvious.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, Meltzer is convinced that they put Eva Marie on TV with Aksana and Rosa just because they wanted to have her have the worst match to get her off of her high horse. Given how big her ego supposedly is backstage. He also says that another sign of this is the fact that JoJo never even tagged in, even though she's supposedly the better worker of the two (though still very very bad).

He says they just wanted to put them out there to see just how bad a match they could do.

Ithil

Just watching Raw now... So, the knee jerk reaction you have when AJ gets injured is to put Eva Marie in the ring with Aksana. A girl that has no wrestling experience and only a few months of training, against literally the worst main roster (well, aside from JoJo and Eva Marie, apparently) female talent.

What the fuck is wrong with this company?

I tried to figure it out, to no avail. You have two untrained girls, and you put them in the ring with Sara Del Rey, as the only candidate to carry them to a decent-actually wait you put them in with Rosa Mendes and Aksana, who are also terrible.

Maybe it was a Total Divas segment where it being terrible was the point, but they inexplicably didn't do this in a dark match but live on primetime TV on their flagship show.

Kaladin

Went to the bar last night to watch the Braves lose in the playoffs.....did I miss anything?

This angle seems to have taken a nosedive after the intro. WWE needs some good writers who can fill out their long term plans.

Going to assume that either everyone who watched Raw passed out while watching it and is still asleep or it was so bad I don't need to watch it.

jmdajr

I wonder if they are forcing Cena back. Can't imagine he's thrilled about it.

On that note I don't think they will unify the titles, it would make Elimination Chamber useless.

Aiii

So not worth it
The only reason Cena gets a WHC title run, is so he can win the title, and win against Sandow's cash-in as well.

As you may remember, Cena was the first person to lose a cash-in attempt, so him burying Sandow only makes sense.

Kaladin

The only reason Cena gets a WHC title run, is so he can win the title, and win against Sandow's cash-in as well.

As you may remember, Cena was the first person to lose a cash-in attempt, so him burying Sandow only makes sense.

Maybe they go with Sandow winning the title off Cena and feuding with Cena. I could see the back and forth with those two being a good secondary program, plus if Sandow is going to be upper mid card or main event he needs something big like a win vs Cena to make him believable.

Aiii

So not worth it
Maybe they go with Sandow winning the title off Cena and feuding with Cena. I could see the back and forth with those two being a good secondary program, plus if Sandow is going to be upper mid card or main event he needs something big like a win vs Cena to make him believable.

Cena already put over Bryan this decade, he won't do it for someone else until 2020.

Ithil

Cena required a 6 month recovery from the triceps surgery, still kicked out at 2.
Are they TRYING to insure he is a Mick Foley/Undertaker esque mess in his retirement?

Kaladin

Cena already put over Bryan this decade, he won't do it for someone else until 2020.

Remember though, a MITB victory is a cheap win. Cena probably won't put Sandow over in the feud.

Actually, Sandow will probably get R-Truth'd in the long run.

jmdajr

Hmmm. Sounds like win.

Now that they've given up on Ziggler at least give Sandow the rub. Best case scenario since there are basically no faces for Del Rio to fight.

No RVD ...and I can''t say I really want one more match if you know what I mean.

Ithil

Their desperate to hang onto the Cena train is nearly embarassing. "Cena takes time off so you can establish some new top faces after overpushing Cena for too long?" Bring him back early the second your ratings during football season are weaker, as they are every single year. They're never going to recover from this Cena addiction.

Aiii

So not worth it
Why not? WWE looooooove their "did he return too soon from injury?" storylines.

It's true.

Besides, Cena doesn't exactly need that, or any, title to be the main event top guy. Also, if he wins it, then loses and then regains it from Sandow, they can call him a 15-time champion, which means he's only one short to equaling Ric Flair. Their end goal is clearly to be able to claim JOHN CENA IS THE MOST DECORATED ATHLETE OF ALL TIME!!!™

strobogo

Banned
A. It could injure Cena further
B. It would make ADR look like a total putz
C. They never book their MITB winner to look strong on anyone
D. They aren't going to bring Cena back just to have him lose to Damien Sandow

jmdajr

It's true.

Besides, Cena doesn't exactly need that, or any, title to be the main event top guy. Also, if he wins it, then loses and then regains it from Sandow, they can call him a 15-time champion, which means he's only one short to equaling Ric Flair. Their end goal is clearly to be able to claim JOHN CENA IS THE MOST DECORATED ATHLETE OF ALL TIME!!!™

Still never Intercontinental Champion!

Tendo

Whelp, just got my 3 tickets for the Royal Rumble in January! I can't wait!

Any other gaffers thinking of going? presale code is RUMBLE

Kaladin

Whelp, just got my 3 tickets for the Royal Rumble in January! I can't wait!

Any other gaffers thinking of going? presale code is RUMBLE

It's an awesome PPV to see live. I saw the 2010 Rumble live. It was the one where Punk did the whole straight edge sermon during the middle of the match.

Top Bottom