• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

jmdajr

DBZ was never cool, it's for children.

This place is a hugbox lately. Fuckin get mean, folks.

GET MEAN

jYn2it5FdP103_e.jpg

tumblr_inline_mp1hze9JYk1qz4rgp.gif

George Takano & Super Strong Machine (c) vs Riki Choshu & Takayuki Iizuka - IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles - (NJPW 07/13/1989)

Fun tag match here as Riki Choshu challenges for the heavyweight tag titles with rookie Takayuki Iizuka (better known today as Takashi Iizuka, the metal glove-wearing maniac of New Japan's CHAOS stable). Their opponents, George Takano and the villainous Super Strong Machine, are a capable tag team and provide a stern test for Iizuka. However, with the crowd firmly behind him and with a talented veteran like Choshu watching his back, now's Iizuka's time to shine and he performs admirably in what was the biggest moment of his young career.

There's is literally no wrestling dedicated place on the internet right now where people aren't complaining though.

I am, correct me if I'm wrong, considered one of the most positive people on WWE in this here thread and even I'm throwing in the towel in this 2-month long hiatus WWE is taking. It's like they were like, "yeah fuck it, lets do an off season and just send the entire creative team to Belize for a few months while we run on auto-pilot lol."

It's insane.

And now AJ is injured and I don't even get my five minutes of AJ every Monday and EVERYTHING IS RUINED!
MINUS FIVE STARS!

AJ is injured? Was it from having Brie Bella knock her head into a goddamn post?

Edit: Also, WWE may have fucked up D.Bry a bit, but let's not forget that CM Punk was "fucked up" and still ended up as the Number 2 Guy. We just have to wait two years and Bryan will be in his own pocket dimension of Raw feuding against Zeb Colter and Luke Harper in a Beard v. Beards match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
George Takano & Super Strong Machine (c) vs Riki Choshu & Takayuki Iizuka - IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles - (NJPW 07/13/1989)

Fun tag match here as Riki Choshu challenges for the heavyweight tag titles with rookie Takayuki Iizuka (better known today as Takashi Iizuka, the metal glove-wearing maniac of New Japan's CHAOS stable). Their opponents, George Takano and the villainous Super Strong Machine, are a capable tag team and provide a stern test for Iizuka. However, with the crowd firmly behind him and with a talented veteran like Choshu watching his back, now's Iizuka's time to shine and he performs admirably in what was the biggest moment of his young career.

About halfway through with this, really enjoying it.

Guys, my new work setup will have me in an enclosed space for privacy.

That means I can work on smileys all day! I'm starting with Boss Hogg.

gnMlYGC.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Look at Hardcore Hak takin it to Bam Bam BAGelow.

Jiggly jiggly Jew.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think today should be Brie Bella day

We're here to honor the girl that took away the virus known as AJ Lee

How about we "light it up" for Brie today?
YNhPqZu.png

Brie Bella day means we gotta go into Brie Mode
jbvU6FI6lATUHR_e.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get the problem with AJ. At least she can wrestle, unlike 90% of the other divas

Too small to be believable. If they booked her in more submission style stuff it'd be alright. But I can't take a single strike seriously, which is the opposite of Bryan. He's too small also, but managed to get great opponents and does GREAT striking work.

I don't get the problem with AJ. At least she can wrestle, unlike 90% of the other divas

I like AJ a heck of a lot, as she's excellent on the mic and good in the ring, but she seems to rub alot of people here the wrong way, perhaps because she's pretty much the ONLY current diva who can actually wrestle and is overexposed for that reason. They need to bring up some credible opponents from NXT's excellent women's division, but it's probably better for those NXT divas to remain where they are, lest they be sucked into the Total Divas-verse or jobbed out to Aksana.

Edit: I've never understood the "believability" complaint. This is a sport where landing on a human body is akin to landing on a crash pad, such that it's DEVASTATING if someone rolls out of the way when you go to jump on them. AJ's only competing against other ladies, and in that context, who fucking cares if she's tiny? It's not as though the other Divas DWARF her or anything.

On another note - Damn, I enjoyed Sandow last night. He's always been solid in the ring, but his viciousness last night was the first time I saw him get a chance to really take charge of a match.

G-Fex

Brie Bella day means we gotta go into Brie Mode
jbvU6FI6lATUHR_e.jpg

No problem
Yb1aoFu.png

I like AJ a heck of a lot, as she's excellent on the mic and good in the ring, but she seems to rub alot of people here the wrong way, perhaps because she's pretty much the ONLY current diva who can actually wrestle and is overexposed for that reason. They need to bring up some credible opponents from NXT's excellent women's division, but it's probably better for those NXT divas to remain where they are, lest they be sucked into the Total Divas-verse or jobbed out to Aksana.

It's pretty much this.

Aiii

So not worth it
Too small to be believable. If they booked her in more submission style stuff it'd be alright. But I can't take a single strike seriously, which is the opposite of Bryan. He's too small also, but managed to get great opponents and does GREAT striking work.

Which is why the majority of her face moveset was based on speed and most of her heel move-set is based on submissions and working on certain limbs. She doesn't do that much striking, really. Of course you can't do wrestling without some strikes here and there, but most of her offense has her working on body parts, using the turnbuckles, or submissions/locks.

I like AJ a heck of a lot, as she's excellent on the mic and good in the ring, but she seems to rub alot of people here the wrong way,

Most people here enjoy AJ actually, it's just that someone like Fex can't go a page without saying something negative about AJ, because it gets a reaction I suppose. If you all just ignored him, we wouldn't need to do this :D

Sokantish

I'm glad you brought up this believable stuff because something's been bothering me. They expect me to believe that Big Show was fired and then he just walked right back in and came through the back with his Titantron? ARE YOU SERIOUS WWE? I'm starting to think... maybe he wasn't really fired guys.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't even tell who those tiny-smilies are.

Which is why the majority of her face moveset was based on speed and most of her heel move-set is based on submissions and working on certain limbs. She doesn't do that much striking, really. Of course you can't do wrestling without some strikes here and there, but most of her offense has her working on body parts, using the turnbuckles, or submissions/locks.

Yeah. They just need to do it MORE. She does bump like a champ though, great stuff. Having her vs Kaitlyn was pretty much their best work imho.

I'm glad you brought up this believable stuff because something's been bothering me. They expect me to believe that Big Show was fired and then he just walked right back in and came through the back with his Titantron? ARE YOU SERIOUS WWE? I'm starting to think... maybe he wasn't really fired guys.

Ironclad contract breh

G-Fex

maybe using the titantron is like clocking in with your work badge and he didn't give his back when he left earlier.

And WWE needs to make commercials for couponbug.com

Imagine this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWyHy3TOll4

with the Bella twins!

Aiii

So not worth it

Actually, I think this was deliberate.

The way I see it, Big Show isn't fired. Yes, he got fired earlier in the show, but his actions and sudden confidence starting last night are probably the storyline way for Vince to return. As in, Vince told him to stop worying, he would ensure he'd have his job and he could go out and get his revenge without consequence.

That's why he got his titantron and everything, because Vince send him out there.

Sokantish

I can't even tell who those tiny-smilies are.

Yeah. They just need to do it MORE. She does bump like a champ though, great stuff. Having her vs Kaitlyn was pretty much their best work imho.

Ironclad contract breh

and another thing! How come it looks like whenever Cesaro does his swing the people he's doing it to are just making it easier for him to do it. Why don't they put their hands out and try to grab the mat or something to slow him down or make him lose his balance?

HIIMBACKGUYS

Ya Big Show finally realizing his ironclad contract was legit took too damn long

Also that shouldn't have been the finish to the damn PPV

and another thing! How come it looks like whenever Cesaro does his swing the people he's doing it to are just making it easier for him to do it. Why don't they put their hands out and try to grab the mat or something to slow him down or make him lose his balance?

Cause that would really fuck up the flow of things for him. Constant movement would cause the move to go awry. He can basically do it & the UFO to everyone even without their help though.

Source: Seeing him do it to students :p

jmdajr

Actually, I think this was deliberate.

The way I see it, Big Show isn't fired. Yes, he got fired earlier in the show, but his actions and sudden confidence starting last night are probably the storyline way for Vince to return. As in, Vince told him to stop worying, he would ensure he'd have his job and he could go out and get his revenge without consequence.

That's why he got his titantron and everything, because Vince send him out there.

No need to think that deep. The firing still works within "wwe logic."

Granted even they fuck that up, but to me that wasn't a big deal.

It's just the magic of titantron.

Big Shows punch is one of the worst finishers I have ever seen.

Its not real looking enough to be a convincing KO punch and its not exaggerated and over the top enough to be a good pro wrestling finisher.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Maybe after Kane shaved off his hair, it gained a mind of its own, and its the one controlling Big Show. Then, Kane's hair will go on to defeat HHH at SS, and then break Taker's streak at WM.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Maybe after Kane shaved off his hair, it gained a mind of its own, and its the one controlling Big Show. Then, Kane's hair will go on to defeat HHH at SS, and then break Taker's streak at WM.

That is ridiculous and makes no logical sense.
Triple H jobbing. Sheesh, get out of here!

Aiii

So not worth it
Big Shows punch is one of the worst finishers I have ever seen.

Its not real looking enough to be a convincing KO punch and its not exaggerated and over the top enough to be a good pro wrestling finisher.

You mean like a Giant Swing making Khali so dizzy he's unable to kick out of a pinfall afterwards? (even though he's perfectly capable of counting to three along with the ref as he's pinned?)

God, Khali is awful. I'd rather watch 10 minutes of Eva Marie and (awful blonde) Rosa than 2 minutes of Khali.

Sokantish

I would only like the hair if it had a mask though. No mask hair is the worst.

G-Fex

You're more cuckoo than your politician hero Glenn.

HHH already beat hair, his own.

Ithil

HIIMBACKGUYS

Ya Big Show finally realizing his ironclad contract was legit took too damn long

Also that shouldn't have been the finish to the damn PPV

Cause that would really fuck up the flow of things for him. Constant movement would cause the move to go awry. He can basically do it & the UFO to everyone even without their help though.

Source: Seeing him do it to students :p

I think he was being sarcastic, over the strange complaints of "believabilty" in wrestling, which is fundamentally unbelievable.

You mean like a Giant Swing making Khali so dizzy he's unable to kick out of a pinfall afterwards? (even though he's perfectly capable of counting to three along with the ref as he's pinned?)

God, Khali is awful. I'd rather watch 10 minutes of Eva Marie and (awful blonde) Rosa than 2 minutes of Khali.

The Giant Swing is pretty dumb but its entertaining and clearly a joke finisher.

And Khali is barely able to walk to the ring these days. If they want to keep him around find a non wrestling role for him.

Ithil

Why would they want to keep him around though. No one likes him, do they?

He's big in India, which is a good foreign market for WWE. There was also speculation that Vince has him on a big paycheck because he feels sorry for him (over the fact that Khali will probably be in a wheelchair within six years) and wants to help him out while he can.

Top Bottom