• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

strobogo

Banned
Look at Hardcore Hak takin it to Bam Bam BAGelow.

Jiggly jiggly Jew.

It is BAGAlow. Not BAGelow, Bigelow, Jiggalo, or Big Yellow.

gcMRj.gif

strbogo confirmed for reckd status

Natayla sucks. Deal with it. Everyone was fooled by her heritage and SAYING that she was good. She's done absolutely zero to show her alleged great talent. She's marginally better than the normal Diva. People bought into her not being some bikini model that Johnny Ace found in a bikini magazine. She's not good at all and in the last few Bella/Nattie matches, she'd been clearly out worked by a Bella.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Damn, I fucked up. BAGAlow.

Wonder if I can get Stro to touch Ring Ka King Season 1 (and only) after WCW ends.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I'm not dead guys, you don't have to worry anymore!
That XPW review that I will post later and school overload made me not want to watch wrestling for a bit. Mostly the XPW.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That XPW review that I will post later and school overload made me not want to watch wrestling for a bit. Mostly the XPW.

XPW fucking hurts, I say this from 20 mins of experience.

Ithil

Natayla sucks. Deal with it. Everyone was fooled by her heritage and SAYING that she was good. She's done absolutely zero to show her alleged great talent. She's marginally better than the normal Diva. People bought into her not being some bikini model that Johnny Ace found in a bikini magazine. She's not good at all and in the last few Bella/Nattie matches, she'd been clearly out worked by a Bella.

I think Natalya used to be good. She's had good matches and was in good condition for a diva (the thing I notice most about WWE divas, so many are so weak and nonathletic). She even had good matches with AJ on SMS and Kaitlyn on NXT this year. But she seems to have given up overall, and is no longer one of the "good ones".

I guess it was the years of jobbing and farting gimmicks and being a valet for Khali, but she's finally getting regular screentime now and has been shitting the bed in the ring instead.

Ring Ka King would be a fun re-cap. Stro's recaps are best when he's suffering through wrestling mediocrity. How about Smoky Mountain?

MAN! I thought I hadn't seen you post since agreeing to watch XPW, glad you're OK. I feared the worst, lol.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ring Ka King would be a fun re-cap. Stro's recaps are best when he's suffering through wrestling mediocrity. How about Smoky Mountain?

RKK is also a great pick because it had one season, has plenty of TNA stars away from TNA and is a general reboot for many characters. It's not terribly long, but it's definitely overlooked. Loved RKK.

Ring KA king was great . Bollywood wrestling .

Also r- truth should give Brian nega-bands he found in the punk dimension. Summon captian M to fight Thanos H

switch.jpg

RKK is also a great pick because it had one season, has plenty of TNA stars away from TNA and is a general reboot for many characters. It's not terribly long, but it's definitely overlooked. Loved RKK.

RKK is THE SHIT for, among many things, Scott Steiner doing his best Tiger Jeet Singh impression of TERRIFYING THE CROWD

Seriously, when he goes out into the crowd they part like the Red Sea, it's fucking awesome

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So apparently BEYOND: Two Souls sucks and I made the right choice to wait on getting it.

1: it probably was gonna suck
2: you can't know until you try it! it might resonate with you. that whole growing up with superpowers thing.

RKK is THE SHIT for, among many things, Scott Steiner doing his best Tiger Jeet Singh impression of TERRIFYING THE CROWD

Seriously, when he goes out into the crowd they part like the Red Sea, it's fucking awesome

yeah. I loved the Steiner moments. So good. And Doctor Nick Dinsmore was great. And my favorite tag-team, Pathani Patthe

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So apparently BEYOND: Two Souls sucks and I made the right choice to wait on getting it.

sounds about right. I remember some guy posting about how he should have saved his GTA money for Beyond because GTA controlled bad AS OPPOSED TO A QUANTIC DREAM GAME
WyQR8qh.gif

but Gaf also thinks like 99% of games suck and wishes for the 'good old days' that the majority of them didn't even play games during

jmdajr

sounds about right. I remember some guy posting about how he should have saved his GTA money for Beyond because GTA controlled bad AS OPPOSED TO A QUANTIC DREAM GAME
WyQR8qh.gif

but Gaf also thinks like 99% of games suck and wishes for the 'good old days' that the majority of them didn't even play games during

DmC is a great game.

edit: I still need to finish Heavy Rain. I kind of just stopped playing even though I got pretty far.

strobogo

Banned
He's big in India, which is a good foreign market for WWE. There was also speculation that Vince has him on a big paycheck because he feels sorry for him (over the fact that Khali will probably be in a wheelchair within six years) and wants to help him out while he can.

I think that's the reason a lot of guys have been hired or kept around when it makes no sense. It's why guys like Goldust and Marty Jannetty were hired backed over and over. It's why Jim Duggan pops up every so often. It's probably why Tatanka had that random run in 2006. It's definitely why Vickie was hired initially, why Teddy Long has been with the company for over a decade, why Hugh Morrus keeps getting rehired, why Joey Matthews is still on as a trainer, and so on.

It was probably more apparent in the late 80s and early-mid 90s, though.

Damn, I fucked up. BAGAlow.

Wonder if I can get Stro to touch Ring Ka King Season 1 (and only) after WCW ends.

We'll see. I'm going to have a lot of trouble making it through the Summer months of WCW. It will be a real test of will and probably cost me a lot in booze money. But since I found a bottom shelf whiskey that tastes exactly like Crown (Canadian Hunter) for half the price, that might actually end up worse for me.

I remember RKK had some dude who had his first match on the show (I think he won) and had this big celebration

Then it came out that he died like immediately after :mad:

I half expected them to pull The Breakfast Club ending and freeze frame him celebrating, then doing a text crawl:

'He was never seen again alive'

jmdajr

I think that's the reason a lot of guys have been hired or kept around when it makes no sense. It's why guys like Goldust and Marty Jannetty were hired backed over and over. It's why Jim Duggan pops up every so often. It's probably why Tatanka had that random run in 2006. It's definitely why Vickie was hired initially, why Teddy Long has been with the company for over a decade, why Hugh Morrus keeps getting rehired, why Joey Matthews is still on as a trainer, and so on.

It was probably more apparent in the late 80s and early-mid 90s, though.

We'll see. I'm going to have a lot of trouble making it through the Summer months of WCW. It will be a real test of will and probably cost me a lot in booze money. But since I found a bottom shelf whiskey that tastes exactly like Crown (Canadian Hunter) for half the price, that might actually end up worse for me.

Teddy Long has issues?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Swagger and Cesaro are adorable. They're those two guys at the gym that push each other and go 'YOU READY TO DO SOME MORE?! IM READY TO DO SOME MORE"
138118604200698s8k.gif

strobogo

Banned
Teddy Long has issues?

Issues of being a terrible speaker with no charisma, hilarious dancer, and fondness of exceptionally long blazers. I can't think of a reason why he'd be not only employed for close to 15 years, but spending the majority of that time as the GM of Smackdown. Other than, of course, that Vince just likes the guy and wants him to have a job.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I want to get Beyond: Two Souls! I liked Heavy Rain up until the ending, then thought it was the worst thing ever.

Worst goddamn ending, ruined everything I enjoyed about that game. You're not supposed to outright lie to the audience.

Heavy Rain ending spoilers

SCOTT SHELBY'S BIG FAT ASS WAS NOT THE SAME PERSON I FOUGHT IN TUCO'S LITTLE NUDIE DANCE OFFICE ALSO HE COULDNT FIT HIS LARGE AND IN CHARGE ASS INTO THAT CHUTE TO LEAVE BROKEN GLASS EVERYWHERE FOR ETHAN'S STUPID FORGETFUL ASS ALSO LET'S TALK ABOUT THE ORIGAMI WITH THE BLACKOUTS THAT ETHAN HAD - ON SECOND THOUGHT NO LETS IGNORE THEM

I did call the "evil" black dude you got into a fight with "Pallet Jack" instead of New Jack or whatever his name was.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I remember RKK had some dude who had his first match on the show (I think he won) and had this big celebration

Then it came out that he died like immediately after :mad:

I half expected them to pull The Breakfast Club ending and freeze frame him celebrating, then doing a text crawl:

'He was never seen again alive'

It was their giant, I remember him. He died before S1 finished filming I believe or immediately after. Real bummer. I think he was like 7'6ish?

Sokantish

Worst goddamn ending, ruined everything I enjoyed about that game. You're not supposed to outright lie to the audience.

SCOTT SHELBY'S BIG FAT ASS WAS NOT THE SAME PERSON I FOUGHT IN TUCO'S LITTLE NUDIE DANCE OFFICE ALSO HE COULDNT FIT HIS LARGE AND IN CHARGE ASS INTO THAT CHUTE TO LEAVE BROKEN GLASS EVERYWHERE FOR ETHAN'S STUPID FORGETFUL ASS ALSO LET'S TALK ABOUT THE ORIGAMI WITH THE BLACKOUTS THAT ETHAN HAD - ON SECOND THOUGHT NO LETS IGNORE THEM

I did call the "evil" black dude you got into a fight with "Pallet Jack" instead of New Jack or whatever his name was.

Yep, that's exactly what made me hate the game. I was really enjoying it up until the ending.

I know this happens with every big game that gets released but seeing people trying to justify why a game got a score they didn't want with "reviews won't get it" and "have to give a score in a pressure filled deadline environment" just makes me laugh.

Heavy Rain was awesome. Fuck the haters.

The DLC was hilarious too, what with the potential ending being
You chainsawing a serial killer in the dick

It was their giant, I remember him. He died before S1 finished filming I believe or immediately after. Real bummer. I think he was like 7'6ish?

Goddamn. That really does bite. At least he got to live his dream for a little bit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I know this happens with every big game that gets released but seeing people trying to justify why a game got a score they didn't want with "reviews won't get it" and "have to give a score in a pressure filled deadline environment" just makes me laugh.

I laugh pretty hard at the people who are so miserable that they think mediocre games are 'the worst games they've ever played' because gaming side has a raging hard-on for hyperbole.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

The only reason why someone would do this is because they're a filthy poor.

Real Americans are great. 2 o my favorite guys who look like friends. plus zeb ripping everyone. Shame tag diction is in the dumps.

Gettig the titles off the shield might be good. Didn't the Usos or ptp win a shot at the titles ?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That doesn't make any sense, Sunflower!

Justifying their purchases in any way possible because they're penniless.

You would be a good hand on a podcast. Any interest in being on GEMS?

I remember they came out a while after release and showed the unfinished cut supernatural bollocks that explained the giant plot holes.

It wasn't good but it was better then the giant hole in the story it left when they took it out I guess. Something to do with characters being "linked" or something. I really dont remember the details.

They literally just took a giant chunk out of the last 3rd of the game and didnt bother to tie up any lose ends it caused which was sort of worse IMO.

DMczaf

So I heard that the word is Cena was never injured, and his nasty ass elbow was from an infection caused by an injection needle.

I want to be on a podcast.

YO THIS GAME IS OKAY IN THE END IT IS WHAT YOU THINK IT IS

DOWNLOAD THE NEXT PODCAST

A CHA CHA CHA CHA CHA

Good job Gerstmann. I'm very proud of the fact that you've gotten into shape but you should stop shouti-

QUIET MR IWA MS

OH YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME :p

THE REVOLUTION WILL BE TELEVISED
on DVD available via Smart Mark Video

Freaking IWA. They're terrrrrrible! I'd rather be MR VELOCITY PRO
MR AWS

Also a hearty lol at Wrestling Is Awesome 'dying' via Dr. Cube stealing the cashbox

And Heavy Rain had stuff cut out? Good. Cause I freaking played Indigo Prophecy, and that last 3rd was BULLSHIT

Good job Gerstmann. I'm very proud of the fact that you've gotten into shape but you should stop shouti-

OH YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME :p

THE REVOLUTION WILL BE TELEVISED
on DVD available via Smart Mark Video

Freaking IWA. They're terrrrrrible! I'd rather be MR VELOCITY PRO
MR AWS

Also a hearty lol at Wrestling Is Awesome 'dying' via Dr. Cube stealing the cashbox

And Heavy Rain had stuff cut out? Good. Cause I freaking played Indigo Prophecy, and that last 3rd was BULLSHIT

rofl

we should do a podcast

a PWG/Cooking podcast

Real Americans are great. 2 o my favorite guys who look like friends. plus zeb ripping everyone. Shame tag diction is in the dumps.

Gettig the titles off the shield might be good. Didn't the Usos or ptp win a shot at the titles ?

Tag division is always in the dumps, Vince has never really believed in the market for it. I can't think of any time where it wasn't just a holding pool for singles stars while some room cleared out at the top of the card.

rofl

we should do a podcast

a PWG/Cooking podcast

Ugggggh. I did a video game podcast a few years ago. It was silly. I hate being the center of attention on anything.

My friends all do media stuff though, like radio station stuff and streaming video games (NewLegacy etc etc). They're all nuts :p

Also a cooking podcast would just make me hungry

Top Bottom