• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Quest

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!

Much of it seems to be already released/shown off games this time 🤷‍♂️
Smash Drums 1:42
Maestro 2:50
Laser Dance 4:28
Starship Home 5:24
Coastermania 6:51
Pencil 7:59
Disembodied 9:11
Airspace Defender 9:46
Dig VR 10:16
Walkabout Mini Golf 11:17
Underworld Overseer 11:33

Thrasher 12:50
What The Bat: Battywood 15:29
Lovesick 16:14
Mike VR Oasis 2080 Games intro 17:52
Miracle Pool 18:34
Memoreum 19:37
Hide The Corpse 20:16
CONVRGENCE 21:46
Does It Stack 23:10
Metal: Hellslinger VR 23:52
Homeworld: Vast Reaches 24:48
Mecha Force 25:42
Deep Cuts 27:01

Clawball 27:58
Holotanks 28:40
Ember Souls 31:20
Zero Caliber 2 32:40

Starwave 33:55
Bounce Arcade 35:28
Infinite Inside 36:42
By Grit Alone 39:20
Drums Rock 41:17
Soar 42:18
Arcade Paradise 43:18
Stilt 44:21
Battle Talent 44:52
Smash Drums Teaser 45:57
Brazen Blaze 48:02
Escaping Wonderland 49:00
Dixotomia 49:34
Astro Hunters VR 50:38
Cave Digger 2 51:56
Astra 52:21
The Burst 53:06
Venture's Gauntlet 54:50
Madison VR 56:45
Bulletstorm VR 57:29
Bow Bots 58:39
Cold VR 59:48
Mobile Suit Gundam: SIlver Phantom 1:01:03

Last edited:

Romulus

Not sure if you can take this as official news, but Meta said on youtube channel they are working on GTA SA for Quest in the comments. Many thought it was canceled.

At this point, I'm left to assume its been overhauled completely.

INC

Lost all interest in showdown, since finding out it has heavy aim assist in it

Tier one ds interesting, but zero gameplay or footage us pointless.

Was hoping for a release date on geronimo

INC

Just picked up forevr bowling, and it is by far the best social vr game I've played to date, mixed reality is legit great, and the fact you can have a jukebox playing YouTube music is a game changer for me.

The body tracking it does to mimic, is nothing short of brilliant (even basic) me and mate just played 5 games in a row, with from Sub Focus playing on the jukebox, dancing away and bowling, and had a blast.

8/10, if anyone has it and fancy a few games and a boogie, hit me up, amazing social vr experience

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Not sure if you can take this as official news, but Meta said on youtube channel they are working on GTA SA for Quest in the comments. Many thought it was canceled.

At this point, I'm left to assume its been overhauled completely.
That's gonna be big when it happens!

Krathoon

I am getting a Quest 2. The Quest 3 seemed too expensive.

I bet a Quest 3 lite will come out later this year. We shall see.

Krathoon

I am kind of getting annoyed that they are locking these new games to the Quest 3. It is kind of dodgy.

I hope someone can hack them to work on the Quest 2.

Romulus

I am kind of getting annoyed that they are locking these new games to the Quest 3. It is kind of dodgy.

I hope someone can hack them to work on the Quest 2.

They won't. It kind of worked with the Quest 1 ports from Quest 2.

The problem is these AAA games like Batman are pushing the Quest 3 hardware very hard so we can finally get something that looks like a low in PC game. Quest 2 wouldn't cut it unless you're talking a deport from a studio.

Krathoon

Yeah. I canceled my order for the Quest 2.

I will go ahead and go for the Quest 3.

I get this impression I will be screwing myself with the Quest 2.

Krathoon

I got the Quest 3 in the mail. I like the packaging. Nice and small. Wish more companies would do that.

I got it working and it is charging up.

It is way easier to use compared to the Rift S. Massive improvement. It is more streamlined.

I wish Virtual Desktop was included. That should have been a default app. I don't feel like spending $20.

I got the Quest 3 in the mail. I like the packaging. Nice and small. Wish more companies would do that.

I got it working and it is charging up.

It is way easier to use compared to the Rift S. Massive improvement. It is more streamlined.

I wish Virtual Desktop was included. That should have been a default app. I don't feel like spending $20.
You should be able to play games directly with quest link without the need for VD.

I still recommend it, though, for reliability and ease of use. So much that I haven't once used other solutions.

On another note: I've been testing Riven out. It's really a gorgeous looking game, but the VR implementation seems a bit wonky. Anyone else finding it so?

Krathoon

I found some discounts on reddit and got Virtual Desktop for $14 and Galaxy's Edge for $18.

I also got Asgard’s Wrath 2 for free with the headset.

So, I am kind of set for the moment. I will try Riven on Steam VR.

I was also going to try Dread Delusion in VR with Rai Pal. It converts games to VR.

I still have to finish The 7th Guest. That is what I like about Steam VR. All your games carry over.

Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
You should be able to play games directly with quest link without the need for VD.

I still recommend it, though, for reliability and ease of use. So much that I haven't once used other solutions.

On another note: I've been testing Riven out. It's really a gorgeous looking game, but the VR implementation seems a bit wonky. Anyone else finding it so?
you don't even need Quest Link anymore -- the easiest option is the free Steam app, if you have your VR library on steam

Krathoon

I also ran Captain EO in 3D in VR. It works pretty well. The movie is pretty old so it is not in HD, but the effect works.

I think is does an effect similar to the 3DS where it projects it differently to each eye.

I am going to have to get some perscription lenses for the headset. It is pressing on my glasses and making my nose hurt.

Last edited:
Any good racing games with motion controls for quest 3 or pcvr? I bought Assetto Corsa but can't get the motion controls working. Spent 8 bucks on early access Formula X which is pretty awesome but only 3 tracks and time attack.

Alexios

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:
Top Bottom