• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Quest

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Sounds like Hitman VR is once again a flop, what a shame, from the original limited PSVR implementation to the horrible PC VR version, third time is not the charm. Oh what could have been...

Last edited:

Hot5pur

Hitman VR sucking really hurts but luckily there are a bunch of AAA releases this holiday season.
The trend of high profile IPs going to poor developers has to stop though.

Hot5pur

They released hitman in a trash state and I'm sure people knew, but did it anyway to what? Appease investors? Are the investors idiots? They did the same with Cyberpunk and then spent years fixing it, was the initial decision to release it as trash still better than waiting until it was finished?

I think the gaming community needs to go scorched earth on these companies and blacklist them so they know that if they release garbage it will be remembered. Probably there is a "let's cut our losses and release" point, and then "pretend we are fixing it and then give up" to take in whatever sales they can. Better educated consumers and strong refund policies is the only way to prevent this nonsense.

I've been playing through the old resident evil games on gog and I've also been playing resident evil 4 on quest and it's just fuckin awesome. A game that looks dated like RE4 is still an amazing experience in vr. It's also the most usable the knife has ever been.

Alexios

I will probably get a 3S though 300 seems to translate to 329 for Paland. It seems like practically it's just a little lower res/fov (the battery is smaller too but apparently officially it actually lasts longer due to those differences) yet still better than my last VR kit (the Rift CV1, though that was OLED):pie_thinking:

Last edited:

Romulus

A couple underrated bulletin points from the show.

Hyperscape is new and some of the coolest tech for VR. If you have a Quest, you need to try this. I believe this is where the tech is going. I would not be surprised if this could be used for gaming in the future.

Another bulletin point is Meta reworked the OS and it allows developers 10% more processing power for Quest 3.

Last edited:

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
Guys, I just moved and I am without monitor here. Should I get a meta quest 2 or 3s to replace it? I have a GTX 1660 super and most games o play aren't VR, but I was planning on getting a headset eventually.

Alexios

Last edited:
Top Bottom