• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

Lost is on fuckface! is everyone done with their games? i'll check after lost!

and why are you so excited about advancing? your national title hopes went down the drain when you lost to OSU. unlike you i'll be taking care of business against our dear friend dcx

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
Lost is on fuckface! is everyone done with their games? i'll check after lost!

and why are you so excited about advancing? your national title hopes went down the drain when you lost to OSU. unlike you i'll be taking care of business against our dear friend dcx

because lucky for me i have a date with #1 lonestar.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I'm sick and tired of my trade deals getting COCKBLOCKED for bullSHIT reasons. I feel like I can't do ANYTHING with my team. This is a CONSPIRACY

1e8mlh.gif

DCX

DCX
Cerrius said:
I'm sick and tired of my trade deals getting COCKBLOCKED for bullSHIT reasons. I feel like I can't do ANYTHING with my team. This is a CONSPIRACY

1e8mlh.gif
wanna play? :D

DCX

DCX

DCX
viakado said:
i was considering trading with you.
no more!
You sound like my mom. " we were going to get you a toy but now for sure you wont get one!! " knowing damn well not only was there no toys to be gotten but just asswhippings to be had! ......

i'm just going to shut up..

i need to scrim tonight

come on guys, scrim with me

DCX

DCX said:
You sound like my mom. " we were going to get you a toy but now for sure you wont get one!! " knowing damn well not only was there no toys to be gotten but just asswhippings to be had! ......

i'm just going to shut up..

i need to scrim tonight

come on guys, scrim with me

DCX
you should've given me JR, son!

btw, guys, im leaving the league after my game with chris. im going to be massively busy because of work the next couple of months, so i can't commit to a full season.
so who ever wants my players, come and get em!:lol

but season 8, i'll be back!!! ...hopefully.

Smokey

viakado said:
you should've given me JR, son!

btw, guys, im leaving the league after my game with chris. im going to be massively busy because of work the next couple of months, so i can't commit to a full season.
so who ever wants my players, come and get em!:lol

but season 8, i'll be back!!! ...hopefully.

Tony parker and Duncan stay.

I've got a replacement for you and he shouldn't have to inherit a shitty team because you decided to have a massive firesale before bailing:lol

who's going to do the tnt updates

:/

Smokey

After 6:30 - 7:00p central the servers go to shit.

I have to try and connect multiple times, and the stupid shit keeps kicking me out of the league lobby.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
wtf viak you can't leave.... BRO!
i can't commit a full season. not in the next couple of months anyways. but i'll try to work on tnt pages at work.:lol

im not sure if smokey will ok that trade, but let it be known if it goes, i get credit from DCX to get a plus +10 rating player next season. :p

CB3

wait what the fuck. who approved JR Smith and Farmar for Speedy Claxton and Joe Johnson? that trade's not flying...

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
CB3 said:
wait what the fuck. who approved JR Smith and Farmar for Speedy Claxton and Joe Johnson? that trade's not flying...

approve kevin love for bruce bowen or im quitting the league

CB3 said:
your boy smokey. dont be a dick and approve the damn trade already. that joe johnson trade is so unbalance, yet you're denying a love/bowen trade?:lol

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
the trade was on point, pun intended. Ratings all matched up perfectly...and in my game with Smokey...i think it might hurt me...i have no depth :/ First unit are all-stars, second unit is Dleague.

DCX

DCX said:
the trade was on point, pun intended. Ratings all matched up perfectly...and in my game with Smokey...i think it might hurt me...i have no depth :/ First unit are all-stars, second unit is Dleague.

DCX
JJ's stamina is high. you'll have him in game for more than 85% of the time. you're fine.

Smokey

Everybody just needs to calm the hell down.

I will approve the bowen/love trade but that's it for you kado, since you're leaving after your game anyway.

We are starting week 2 tomorrow after they play. This is like dudes who need pussy and just start arguing and bitching when they can't get it. Well the pussy is coming tomorrow so everybody just chill.

Smokey said:
Everybody just needs to calm the hell down.

I will approve the bowen/love trade but that's it for you kado, since you're leaving after your game anyway.

We are starting week 2 tomorrow after they play. This is like dudes who need pussy and just start arguing and bitching when they can't get it. Well the pussy is coming tomorrow so everybody just chill.
:lol :lol just wanted to hook up a few homies before i leave.
Chris, im gonna go out in a blaze of glory tomorrow, better watch out!

CB3

:lol its like everyone knows it was a bad trade

My thing is if we allow somethings we gotta let it all go.

If this is how things are gonna go im FOR cerrius getting Beasly.

Cant cockblock some things and allow others.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Not impressed with the fire sale that happened today. Not at all.

I have put up a vote on the league home page regarding the Joe Johnson deal. Please vote on this. I will close the vote Friday at midnight. If the concensus is that the trade is not balanced then the two teams involved will need to trade the players back and start again.
All "no" votes need to be accompanied with a PM to myself with the reason that you feel the trade is unfair.

I laid this rule down at the start of the season. We had issues last year with a couple of trades that people felt were not fair and I'm doing what I need to to keep things as balanced as possible.

I will put up a poll for the Bowen/Love trade after I close the Joe Johnson poll.

Regarding the Joe Johnson deal: The only reason the analyzer shows it to be anywhere near balanced is due to the volume of players involved. That does not cut it.
Quantity does not overrule quality.
The Spurs did not receive a single player that is near allstar caliber in this deal. The Lakers got a top 15 player in the game and the Spurs didn't even receive a player rated above 80.

Not cool..

The Love/Bowen trade: looks balanced doesn't it? They both have similar overall ratings. Did you know that Bruce Bowen has 5 defensive stat categories in the 90's? Did you know he has a total of 6 categories in the 90's and that Love only has 1?
Bruce Bowen is the highest rated defender in the game. Love is just another big man.

I would love someone to tell me how the Spurs are better today after these trades then they were last night. Go ahead. Think about it. Post it here. I would love to see.

Integrity is something that matters in this league. Trades need to be balanced.

When trades like this happen in fantasy leagues (guy is losing so bad he fire sales his team) the guy that did the fire sale is banned for life. I'm curious how everyone feels about this situation.

Mrbob

CB are you talking about this?

Farmar (77)
Smith (77)
Mihm (72)

For

(67) Mahinmi
(92) Johnson
(72) Claxton

Yes it is. Wow, future spurs owners just got screwed.

Viakado was bugging the shit out of me yesterday on aim about the 3 way trade i blocked. And then he quits today after an attempted fire sale. Conspicuous!

CB3

ill put it out there that I 100% agree with Truelize.

Edit: yeah thats what i was talking about.

No disrespect smokey but if you or anyone think that trade is CLOSE to balanced your crazy

CB3

So the justification is that Vidako gets to steal a player from DCX next season thats rated higher?

Ill make sure ill join the next season, pick the lakers, and auction off all my players with that clause than bail out

my team the season after that will be LOADED. Ill have Wade and Deron Williams and Paul Pierce coming off the bench ill be so stacked!

Mrbob

Looks like I'm a trend setter for the trade clauses. What have I brought upon the leagues? :lol

At least mine made sense. Keeping a player away from a guy who could constantly abuse you with him.

Fire sale now for a better pick next season is ridiculous.

Top Bottom