• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

DiddyBop

i got SF4 too. get at me on live if you wanna play. or if you are one of my week 3 opponents msg me on live and i will play our game.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
ill be down. probably. Not till laker game is over though. Unless we're really beating the shit out of the warriors.

I dont care about the teams. As long as its not shit like the thunder

Mrbob

Man...I'm getting sick of missing open shots in this game.

Clank clank clank clank.

Defender backs up, I have 3 or 4 bars, shoot it. Hits in the front or back of the rim. The only shots I seem to be able to make right now is going to the hoop. It's ridiculous. Heck even those aren't going in as I'm missing layup bunnies too.

Also, is it me or is there some lag with icon passing? I'll pass to my guy who is open to shoot...he'll delay for a second before shooting the ball and that can allow the defender to get in the face or even block. Should I be doing the jump shot motion before he gets the ball?

Mrbob

Yeah, I probably should have. But you were backing off my other guys to help out against Wade and for some reason I just couldn't put down the shot. :/

I've practiced a ton in offline mode to get their shots down, but when I get online I clank them. I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong.

i've begun sending invites. i'll start the game as soon as i think we're ready

i' mchanging teams. knicks warriors was vikado's idea and it sucks

Mrbob said:
Yeah, I probably should have. But you were backing off my other guys to help out against Wade and for some reason I just couldn't put down the shot. :/

I've practiced a ton in offline mode to get their shots down, but when I get online I clank them. I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I have the same exact problem.

It's really disheartening, especially when the opponent is nailing jumpshots like it's nothing.

the pheeniks: accept my invite
Konex2k4: how?

vader-fail.jpg

Mrbob

That was probably the hottest game I've had all year shooting. I don't know where that came from.

I think I have Calderon down. I basically spent the whole 4th quarter practicing with him.

Still having some issues with odom.

Those types of games suck though when you are on the losing end. I've had my fair share of blowouts too. I lost to the blazers by 40 in the regular season last year.

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
That was probably the hottest game I've had all year shooting. I don't know where that came from.

I think I have Calderon down. I basically spent the whole 4th quarter practicing with him.

Those types of games suck though when you are on the losing end. I've had my fair share of blowouts too. I lost to the blazers by 40 in the regular season last year.
You took my advice :p

DCX

Mrbob

DCX said:
You took my advice :p

DCX

Yeah I took it hard with Wade more, inside and out. Also, I was using him to create opening for my other guys and they were finally knocking down shots. Except for Odom who wants to be a jerk for me right now. :/

I got to use more crossovers. I did one pick with Calderon and crossed over in the middle of the pick to get wide open for a shot. I have no idea how the hell I did it as it surprised me sitting in midrange wide open. :lol

Also I thought this was funny...end of the first quarter I hit a crazy turn around 15 foot jumper with Haslem of all people and the game scored it wrong!

Haslem made a 2 point Dunk 21-30

They scored it a dunk at the end of the first! That was a crazy catch and shoot turnaround jumper with Duncun in his face, give Haslem his props 2k! :/

Barrage

Mrbob said:

GG Mrbob. Yeah, I just had absolutely nothing going in this one. 37% shooting. Hideous.

Yeah I got smoked, but tbh it didn't bother me that much. I'd rather keep trying a mid-range game and lose by 30 then do some cheesy dunk/3 ish and lose anyway.

I thought I had Johnson's shot down. Guess not.

Konex, we still need to play. Hopefully you'll be on tomorrow. Airbrian, tell me what you think of my trade offer.

EDIT: Haslem was pissing me off with his jumpers with motherfuckers in his face. Bitch ain't Kobe.

Oh, and if there was a moment there where I was just standing around, it was because my TV shut itself off and I was trying to get it working again. :lol

Top Bottom