• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Officers denied service at Taco Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Banned
Why would the employee say, out loud, that he would mess with their food, so the customers who were also Police could her him?

Maybe he's just not too bright, but still.

Are people wanting to start a war or something? This is stupid.

This the exact type of fucked up Mentality that allow police to go out murdering people.

At worst the guy should be getting a displinary.

But you want to equate it to pearl habour.

Incredibly bad choice of words and a shitty attitude to boot.

bill0527

Wait, why are some of us assuming that the conversation of tampering with food was true?

I may be stretching here, but I assume YUM BRANDS have these things called cameras in their stores and that they did an investigation before making a public statement.

Brqan

Let's wait for the whole story.

Yeah, after chronic mistreating and murdering, people are wanting to start a war by denying cops Taco Bell.

We only have the police offers word for this chain of events and they generally haven't proven themselves to be reliable when relaying stories, so I think it would be prudent to wait for more information.

They should be put on paid leave while the investigation proceeds.

I heard the Cops may have been high on caffeine and matched a description of a group of gang members that have been harassing that location, so I imagine the worker might have just mistaken them for dangerous criminals and was just afraid for his life, an understandable reaction. I think it is best we not judge the worker too harshly. Besides I doubt the cops were angels.

Tell us how you really feel.

I'd have fired the employee easily if it went down like that. Even joking about messing with food is too much.

Oh and cops shouldn't murder either.

legbone

Look, I'm not one to stand up for the police. Hell, I was practically raised being told to beware of the cops (I'm not black, I was raised poor) because they are not on your side, and sadly most cops have proven me right. But this shit is ridiculous. I don't see any difference between not serving these guys because of the uniform they wear and not serving them because they were black, muslim, homosexual, etc. I'm so glad to see hypocrisy is not dead. I'm guessing the workers at Taco Bell were probably teenage idiots and if not, then they are mentally (ie arrested development).

*Splinter

When the police murder someone we get an investigation and hearing (that usually results in a paid holiday for the cop) and when a fast food employee refuses to serve a cop they should be fired immediately?

Amazing stuff.
Cops that murder people should be fired and jailed.

This kid should also be fired.

Oh my wasn't that difficult.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
To set an example that this kind of behavior is not professional and that Taco Bell does not support it?

giphy.gif

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Why would you spend energy hoping that a guy in a Taco Bell you've never been to gets fired

It's a thread about a Taco Bell employee. Expressing your opinion on what should happen is expected? I don't understand the line of thought that leads you to ask a question like this on a discussion board. Especially since most, if not all, of the people that we discuss we've never met, and haven't been to their place of employment.

Tigress

I may be stretching here, but I assume YUM BRANDS have these things called cameras in their stores and that they did an investigation before making a public statement.

Still, easier to throw your easily replaced employees under a bus than try to claim a cop is lieing.

Also Corporate in general just tends to take the customer's word for it and they may or may not have cameras (I work retail, we don't have cameras).

Anyways, if the employee did say he wanted to mess with the cops food I'm sure he will get fired. May get fired even if cop is lying (and customers do lie or twist what was said and can be unreasonable. We are only hearing one side). So I hope if he gets fired it was justified.

I have no idea why people are comparing this to other situations cops have been involved in

I mean it's amusing to do it but it makes no damn sense

jond76

Banned
Am I missing then information that these cops killed someone and that's why they are being denied service?

Or is anti-cop GAF just generalizing the shit out of all cops. Again.

RPGCrazied

I'd have fired the employee easily if it went down like that. Even joking about messing with food is too much.

Oh and cops shouldn't murder either.

This. I'm no cop lover. I do think something is wrong with our law enforcement enforcing the law, but doing "something" to the food is to much.

Christopher

For how liberal this forum is denying someone any service based on a broad brush is funny to watch.

They did them a favor anyway stop eating shitty fast food...Taco Bell doesn't offer anything remotely healthy does it?

bengraven

For how liberal this forum is denying someone any service based on a broad brush is funny to watch.

They did them a favor anyway stop eating shitty fast food...Taco Bell doesn't offer anything remotely healthy does it?

Just because we're liberal doesn't mean we're not entitled.

Trike

Should have let them do it. Taco Bell fucks up my order all the time. Maybe they'd fuck up their fuck-up and you'd get something straight out of a commercial.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The hate for cops seems to be huge, even on here.
Nah, it's more about love of life.

Of course, messing with someone's food is wrong. The workers should have told them they weren't going to serve them instead.

Look, I'm not one to stand up for the police. Hell, I was practically raised being told to beware of the cops (I'm not black, I was raised poor) because they are not on your side, and sadly most cops have proven me right. But this shit is ridiculous. I don't see any difference between not serving these guys because of the uniform they wear and not serving them because they were black, muslim, homosexual, etc. I'm so glad to see hypocrisy is not dead. I'm guessing the workers at Taco Bell were probably teenage idiots and if not, then they are mentally (ie arrested development).
Being black is not a choice, and it doesn't give someone privileges like a badge does.

Yeah. All cops are the same didn't you know?
You're right, it's not like the institution is rotten to the core.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Even if this is how it went down, this seems like a non story. Small town cashier at taco Bell doesn't like cops, talks about wanting to mess with them within earshot. Cops leave establishment. More at 11. Oh, wait, no more? That's the whole story?

RPGCrazied

Should have let them do it. Taco Bell fucks up my order all the time. Maybe they'd fuck up their fuck-up and you'd get something straight out of a commercial.

Messing up an order is fine and I usually pay it no heed. But what if you find like a band aid or fingernail in your food?

Don't take chances when fast food employees say what this man said.

Even if this is how it went down, this seems like a non story. Small town cashier at taco Bell doesn't like cops, talks about wanting to mess with them within earshot. Cops leave establishment. More at 11. Oh, wait, no more? That's the whole story?

The whole situation is cliche anyway. Fast food workers have always been messing with cops since forever.

The only difference now is how many people are rushing in to defend the cops.

Why do I have a feeling the cops lied about that kid saying he's going to mess with them?

Oh well, the evidence will show what really happened.

I think think the kid should be fired but only after suspension with pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom