• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Here is the USA Basketball schedule/tv times. All times are EST.

8/10 - USA vs. China (NBC - 10:15AM (Live))
8/12 - USA vs. Angola (USA - 8:00AM (Live))
8/14 - USA vs. Greece (USA - 8:00AM (Live))
8/16 - USA vs. Spain (NBC - 10:15AM (Live))
8/18 - USA vs. Germany (USA - 8:00AM (Live))

8/20 - Quarterfinals
8/22 - Semifinals
8/24 - Finals

giga

alr1ghtstart said:
Here is the USA Basketball schedule/tv times. All times are EST.

8/10 - USA vs. China (NBC - 10:15AM (Live))
8/12 - USA vs. Angola (USA - 8:00AM (Live))
8/14 - USA vs. Greece (USA - 8:00AM (Live))
8/16 - USA vs. Spain (NBC - 10:15AM (Live))
8/18 - USA vs. Germany (USA - 8:00AM (Live))

8/20 - Quarterfinals
8/22 - Semifinals
8/24 - Finals
NBC times? Or is there going to be a tape delay like this?

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
IT'S PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

PEEEEEEEEEOPPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
That was f-ing awesome :eek:

MIMIC

Banned
When they panned underneath the boxes, I could see people under them. Incredibly impressive. China is goin all out :lol

Didn't the announcer say that this ceremony cost $300 million? They're putting every single cent to work.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I feel sorry for whoever has to match this shit in 2012. Epic fail and I'm calling it now.

i thought i spotted some feet underneath those boxes; still, nice to see it was all people. pretty damn cool. quite the technical feat.

calder

Agent Icebeezy said:
I feel sorry for whoever has to match this shit in 2012. Epic fail and I'm calling it now.
Absolutely. Here we were talking about how it's so much better than most since the art they have to use is so striking. Way better than the normal abstract/modernist nonsense most ceremonies use.

giga

Agent Icebeezy said:
goatse2012.jpg

besada

Banned
I assumed it was people. China has shitloads of people. I figured the show would involve several sets of masses of people all doing the same thing. I didn't figure it would be so fucking gorgeous.

That screen. It calls to me.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
hey, that giant LED screen use to be where peoples homes were that are now in jail b/c they complained their homes were demolished.

and look, women who werent murdered as babies b/c you can only have 1 kid, and mommy and daddy wanted a son.

TDG

Banned
Jesus, this is amazing. That screen is incredible.

I knew the boxes had people in them, but it's still incredible to think that people did that.

StoOgE

joesmokey said:
Okay these commentators just need to stop talking period. I can't take Bob Costas and Matt Lauer anymore.

yeah, nothing like sucking off a represive dictatorship bc of pretty lights.

TDG

Banned
Ooh, how are they going to represent the Tiananmen Square Massacre? I can't wait to see it.

And I can't wait to hear what NBC's announcers have to say about it.

StoOgE

the disgruntled gamer said:
Ooh, how are they going to represent the Tiananmen Square Massacre? I can't wait to see it.

well, they skipped tibet, mau and the uighurs

Ripclawe

Banned
My Toshiba Regza is screaming THIS IS WHAT I WAS MADE TO SHOW!!!!:lol

Thank you China for using traditional art to showcase and none of that modern crap like other openings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom