• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
NBC Announcer: People keep emailing us telling us not to cut to a commercial during the country march.

*COMMERCIAL*

>_<

skybaby

Holy crap, I'm watching women's beach volleyball now (norway vs belgium) and you can barely see anything on the sand, it's a big white block wth :lol

Zapages

mYm|17| said:
WOW......cutting away when teh nations are coming out..........WTF!!!!!!!!

Yeah really NBC... Come on.... I hope ABC or some other channels gets the rights for the Olympics next time as this is really is a disgrace. :(

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Does anyone find it odd that Costas talked about Big Macs and 2 minutes later there is an Olympic themed McD's commercial?

Fucking American television...

thefro

The sad part is this is the best part of the NBC coverage, the rest of the Olympics are "Lengthy sob story video package; show 12 hour tape-delayed event where American medals".

Literally, it's terrible.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Oh cool, at least the commercial break didn't exclude any nations. Hopefully that'll keep up.

Those poor cheerleader girls will have to dance for 2 hours :(

joesmokey

Zapages said:
Yeah really NBC... Come on.... I hope ABC or some other channels gets the rights for the Olympics next time as this is really is a disgrace. :(
They have the next two locked up already D:

I really wish we could see other coverage of this.

Keylime

Jamaica's getup rules so hard.

Bolt should be amazing to see.

SnowWolf said:
Oh cool, at least the commercial break didn't exclude any nations. Hopefully that'll keep up.
Those poor cheerleader girls will have to dance for 2 hours :(

It's taped, they have no reason to cut out countries.

Keylime

GenericPseudonym said:
It's taped, they have no reason to cut out countries.
But will they?!

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
GenericPseudonym said:
What did they cut out? The whole thing was awesome.

Again, as written above, the Chinese puppet theater part. Possibly more, that's all I'm aware of since I missed some parts when I was watching the live stream this morning.

Mamesj

Banned
That opening show was probably....the pinnacle of large scale stadium performances? That was really mind-blowing. NEED 1280x720 pics now!

The NBC guys were really fucking annoying though: "People are probably confused as to why there's Karate being performed around school children."

also loved how the "historic" presentation completely skipped the 20th century up to, as the NBC guys so specifically put it, "about 1978."

Keylime

They are fully prepared to do nothing but fling shit. They have no candidate, so they need to make it seem like the Democrats don't either.

Wow.

Didn't think John McCain would air negative ads during the Olympics.

smokeyjoethumbdr1.jpg

Timan

Developer
Ha, I swear I saw a few of the indian athletes on the cellphone (tech support?) while they were walking.

How are these countries sorted?

Kikujiro

Mamesj said:
also loved how the "historic" presentation completely skipped the 20th century up to, as the NBC guys so specifically put it, "about 1978."

Seriously people, those are your official Olympics commentators? I feel bad for you:lol

Here in Italy they're showing a badminton match, it's incredible how during the Olympics I can watch even the most unknown sport and find it interesting, fuck.

Keylime

Timan said:
Ha, I swear I saw a few of the indian athletes on the cellphone (tech support?) while they were walking.

How are these countries sorted?
Dude...not now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom