• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggie

I feel so inadequate.

AMERICA, FUCK YEAH!!
God_Bless_America.jpg

...still not good enough :(

TDG

Banned
So wait, they did that last part to represent the Chinese hobby of Tai Chi? So will the next American olympics have sections of the opening ceremony devoted to our hobbies, like eating snack foods, watching television, playing videogames, and masturbating?

acksman

the disgruntled gamer said:
So wait, they did that last part to represent the Chinese hobby of Tai Chi? So will the next American olympics have sections of the opening ceremony devoted to our hobbies, like eating snack foods, watching television, playing videogames, and masturbating?

They can just show Idiocracy for the opening ceremony to accomplish that.

Hootie

Damn, good thing we have guns now because if we got into a war with China without them, we'd get our asses kicked :lol

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
I fucking knew ninjas still existed...fucking knew it!

Judderman

drawer by drawer
the disgruntled gamer said:

Man...your name really is true.

Haha, I see it's been posted multiple times, but as I was watching this last bit, I was definitely feeling pity for the London Olympic planners, who must have been watching and thought "Awww fuck"

This is the most pompous display i've ever seen. Seriously, get over yourself, China.

"Here we have children, symbolic of those orphaned by the Chinese Government."

Seriously though, China threw this shit DOWN. London is like "oh fuck, forget the chav parade."

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Sax Russel said:
Haha, I see it's been posted multiple times, but as I was watching this last bit, I was definitely feeling pity for the London Olympic planners, who must have been watching and thought "Awww fuck"
Haha, those planners must be on suicide watch by now.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I had read that the Chinese were going to go all out for this ceremony. All out is subjective to a lot of people but I think that it is safe to say that they have shitted on all comers, past and future with this. I have homework to do but this is too amazing to miss.

Butane123

skybaby said:
Haha good thing you guys can now watch the HD madness that opening was. I wanted to sexor my tv this morning.
No kidding. I think my jaw just popped off awhile ago watching this.

Hootie

skybaby said:
Haha good thing you guys can now watch the HD madness that opening was. I wanted to sexor my tv this morning.

wat

This isn't live?

EDIT: Never before has the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.gif been more appropriate.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I didn't even know this was today. Tomorrow's my birthday!

But I don't give a damn about the Olympics. It's boring, and who cares about nationalism anymore.

Won

Hootie said:
wat

This isn't live?

:lol

But that reminds me.....I hope there will some kind of HD download of this thing. Missed the beginning and had to leave after the painting part. But what I saw was amazing.

Chris R

so I'm watching live shit instead of waiting for the opening thingy that is only like 15 hours old or whatever now.

But for some reason I couldn't use my local nbc settings, so instead I'm pretending that I live in West LA and get my tv via Time Warner :lol just changing that let me watch shit live :lol

Also, was thinking that the opening would have commercials :(

X26

Banned
Best opening ceremony ever, can't wait to see what they'll do for the closing

and oh yea...there's events happening too huh, ehh, whatever, womens beach volleyball and gymastics is allyou need to see

Meier

Hootie said:
When the hell did this take place?
5:08 AM Pacific or something? Started at 8:08 local time in China.

I'm kind of amazed how someone could think this was live despite being on the other side of the world and at night...

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
joesmokey said:
I just want to watch the ceremony. I don't need to hear Bob Costas joking about Big Macs.

I agree. It would be better if these guys just shut up and let us enjoy the ceremony.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Malawi is now reduced to a celebrity foster home...thanks NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom