• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-E

Don't expect a good fireworks show in Vancouver for 2010. We are having our ceremonies in doors. Our Olympics are going to be the worst ever.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Am I mishearing these commentators, or do they keep referring to someone named Emo?

jey_16

Banned
i'm just wondering....was the cauldron there the whole time and they just did not show it until it was lit or did they move it into position at the last moment......because looking at all the pictures of stadium before it was lit, i can not see it

jey_16 said:
i'm just wondering....was the cauldron there the whole time and they just did not show it until it was lit or did they move it into position at the last moment......because looking at all the pictures of stadium before it was lit, i can not see it
It was moved into position 30 minutes before it was lit... yeah...

jey_16 said:

They said it got there 30 minutes before it was lit.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
jey_16 said:

Edit: Beaten

giga

jey_16 said:
engineering. amazing engineering.

joesmokey

The_Inquisitor said:
Holy hell, what will the ending ceremony be like? @_@
"Wow that was amazing what was that?"
"Wait commercial wtf?"
"Oooo look at that" (with painful remarks from Bob Costas)
"Holy shit this looks awesome"
*Cue another 5 minute commercial

Something like that :lol

NomarTyme said:
Seriously this must cost China thousand of dollar hiring these people.
I think they said $300 million.

Karakand

The_Inquisitor said:
Do we have the entire thread watching hungary sweden match? :lol
I stayed up and watched the ceremonies live and I don't have an HDTV (yet!) so there's not much point in me watching the tape delay on NBC.

Chris R

NewLib said:
Women's handball is more entertaining than basketball.
that it is

but damn, the cycling is better than them all!

They just sent the main group of riders through a fucking TOLL BOOTH... If these riders have issues with round abouts, imagine the carnage a simple tool booth could cause! TUNE IT IN NOW!

SnowWolf said:
Is there anyway to watch already completed events? I want to see women's shooting but they're just showing an empty room because it ended an hour ago.

You literarly "rewind". Try sliding the progress bar to the very beginning. :D

Karakand

SnowWolf said:
Is there anyway to watch already completed events? I want to see women's shooting but they're just showing an empty room because it ended an hour ago.
The NBC Encore section looks pretty scarce but try it again tomorrow.

So I'm not all up in this thread all the time, but holy shit at that opening ceremony. So amazing. Too many commercials on NBC, but what I did see was so perfect. How can this be topped?

I wasn't sure how these Olympics would go off (controversy, smog etc), but that ceremony made me a believer.

Anyone watching Men's Badminton? Ireland and Germany in game 3 tied 1-1, pretty cool.

EDIT: Sorry, too busy watching the exciting conclusion to refresh.

TDG

Banned
mariofan361 said:
Anyone watching Men's Badminton? Ireland and Germany in game 3 tied 1-1, pretty cool.
Me said:
I'm watching Badminton. Badminton is seriously the shit. Cool to watch, awesome fun to play.
The Ireland guy is totally going to win. The German should be disqualified for appearing to be a slob.

TDG

Banned
Karakand said:
is it fast? I can't watch a slow sport right now
The back and forth is certainly a lot faster than Tennis. There are constant breaks though, because the points are won quickly. Give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom