• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Did Costas just say that the Israeli cannot violate the sabbath by driving a car and has to walk??

TDG

Banned
I don't know much about Judo, but in the 60 seconds I've been watching I've learned that the Canadian is getting his ass kicked, and unless I have a strange urge to have my clothes ripped off and my head shoved into some guy's crotch, I'm going to avoid Judo.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Heroes commercial :lol

I thought the rumor of Claire having an evil twin was a joke, but I guess not! What a disaster.

0OoO0

chinamarch_wideweb__470x302,0.jpg

This pic looks badass

As a guy who works at Microsoft (not on any of this online stuff though) you might want to take my opinion with a grain of salt but I think that the online stuff that we helped provide is the pants so far. As long as you don't mind the silverlight install the 4 streams at once is cool and the quailty is solid for me so far. It's really nice to be able to watch live and archived events without any of the lame TV commentary, commericals or sob stories. Plus I get to watch all the obscure sports that I like. I mean you get to watch basketball all year but how often do you get to see the best handball players, fencers and wrestlers.

giga

TheFightingFish said:
As a guy who works at Microsoft (not on any of this online stuff though) you might want to take my opinion with a grain of salt but I think that the online stuff that we helped provide is the pants so far. As long as you don't mind the silverlight install the 4 streams at once is cool and the quailty is solid for me so far. It's really nice to be able to watch live and archived events without any of the lame TV commentary, commericals or sob stories. Plus I get to watch all the obscure sports that I like. I mean you get to watch basketball all year but how often do you get to see the best handball players, fencers and wrestlers.
It's good, but please work on the cpu usage.

Dirtbag

Holy shit, thats how you run a fucking opening ceremony.

It honestly put tears in my eyes, and I have no clue why. That was awe inspiring.

What the fuck is golden score mean.

And yes, we are watching this ALL online at nbcolympics.com

You can also see what's live by hovering over the sports tab. The sport will have a live designation by it.

TDG

Banned
I thought Obama spent more on ads than McCain, why have I seen a bunch of McCain ads, and no Obama ads.
The_Inquisitor said:
What the fuck is golden score mean.
If yu're confused, you should turn on the commentary, it's quite helpful.

Of course, the commentary didn't explain how one wins a point in Judo, but that's my fault for being clueless.

the disgruntled gamer said:
If yu're confused, you should turn on the commentary, it's quite helpful.

Of course, the commentary didn't explain how one wins a point in Judo, but that's my fault for being clueless.

God this is so much better than NBC's tv format. Can we standardize this?

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
SnowWolf said:
I thought we got a silver.

And I like how I'm saying "we".
Yeah apparently we lost but just seconds. You're from Taiwan as well ?

You know, every Taiwanese should just identify themselves here :p *raises hand*

TDG

Banned
Karakand said:
At the next Olympics it and softball are gone. We still have it at this one.
Yeah. I still don't understand why they're gone, BUT WHATEVER I'll go watch Olympic-worthy sports, like "Trampoline."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom