• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Karakand said:
It seems like the toughest thing is predicting where the shuttlecock will fly. That thing is crazy!
Yeah indeed. Although the court looks small, you have to move extremely fast with accurate predictions in order to catch any of those birdies. The player on the other side of the net is going to make you run like their biatch the entire game if you don't control the birdie.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Cooter said:
Can the opening ceremony get any more boring? Jesus.

lolwut.jpg

NetMapel

Soooo close, haha... 3rd game is the charm ! Go Canada ! Man, the USA coach is all waving, pointing, and yelling at Lee. He's fired up !

Azuran

Banned
One question about badminton:

What if both players reach 20 points? Is there a tiebreaker of some kind or something?

Thanks. I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to this sport.

AirBrian

Azuran said:
One question about badminton:

What if both players reach 20 points? Is there a tiebreaker of some kind or something?

Thanks. I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to this sport.
Have to win by two, or first to 30. Unless there's different rules for the Olympics that I'm not aware of.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
CHEATERS!!

cheaters.jpg

pulling the ole "put the bikes on the roof, get in the car, and MOW SOME SLOBITCHES DOWN"

NewLib

Banned
We had to play Badminton in PE in High School and I remember the hardest part is that once the birdie starts losing altitude, it immediately drops straight down. Its so weird to get used to.

AirBrian

NetMapel said:
Yup, heheh

I'm asking because my ex was from Canada and when I went to Canada with her, everyone there would call any American a yankee, but in the States it only refers to people in the northeast.

NetMapel

giga said:
how does badminton scoring go?
Well, it looks like you basically win by being the first to score 21. You score by hitting the birdie towards your opponent's court and hope it hits the ground within the designated area.

NetMapel

AirBrian said:
I'm asking because my ex was from Canada and when I went to Canada with her, everyone there would call any American a yankee, but in the States it only refers to people in the northeast.
Hmmm yeah I'm under the impression that the nickname for Canada is Canucks, USA is Yankees, New Zealand is Kiwi... etc etc

NetMapel

NewLib said:
The Canadian player seems to keep hitting birdies that are clearly going long.
The Canadian has a problem avoiding birdie that's clearly outside of her court range =_=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom