• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

Seriously, the break group in the road race has done VERY well. Don't know if they can keep it up for the rest of the race, but would be kinda cool to see an early break win it.

Karakand said:
At least we will win a medal in lady fencing.

Hopefully three!

Oh, and your math is wrong, its at least we get two medals in lady fencing, good sir. Your patriotism level is set to low, go get a fill up.

NewLib

Banned
Karakand said:
At least we will win a medal in lady fencing.

medals was the word you were looking for. Medals.

Honestly many of the early events aren't necessarily normal events America wins. Once we get to the swimming and athletic events, the medals will start rolling in.

Jake.

i watched all of it. the girls in the circle who all had white boots/short skirts/caps on seemed to be total babes. i felt sorry that they had to stand there and do that stupid dance for 2 hours straight, i'd be fucked.

NewLib said:
medals was the word you were looking for. Medals.

Honestly many of the early events aren't necessarily normal events America wins. Once we get to the swimming and athletic events, the medals will start rolling in.

We kicked ass in women's fencing in Athens, and we are supposed to dominate the women's team saber.

NewLib

Banned
ConfusingJazz said:
We kicked ass in women's fencing in Athens, and we are supposed to dominate the women's team saber.

Fencing been kind of the exception. Still no one predicted we could sweep sabres.

Karakand

NewLib said:
Dunno man, been talking a lot of trash here. Looks like my ego is writing checks America's ass can't cash!

Karakand said:
Dunno man, been talking a lot of trash here. Looks like my ego is writing checks America's ass can't cash!

Deny you ever said them, and when they provide quotes, say they were taken out of context.
U-S-A! U-S-A!

Chris R

ConfusingJazz said:
I am using the 4 screen one right now, judo...AND JUDO! BOTH MATS BABY!
but you dont get the super high def wideness the enhanced player and just one pip gives you :(

unless you can resize the window? I can't do it in FF2.0

Seriously, the four screen one is way too awesome and slick. I am watching both judo matches, the road race, and badminton at the same time. Technology RULES!

iamblades

ConfusingJazz said:
I am using the 4 screen one right now, judo...AND JUDO! BOTH MATS BABY!

Yeah i got Judo, Judo, Cycling, Badminton, and I'm watching women's basketball on the TV.

Too many events to watch.

rhfb said:
but you dont get the super high def wideness the enhanced player and just one pip gives you :(

unless you can resize the window? I can't do it in FF2.0

I have no idea, I came to the four screen one on accident trying to find the pip because I wanted to switch between judo matches.

Karakand

NewLib said:
Does anyone know how they score Boxing in the Olympics. Its different than Pro Boxing.
"Amateur boxing has a point scoring system that measures the number of clean blows landed rather than physical damage."

Karakand

iamblades said:
This Russian Judo chick is smoking hot.

She could probably kick my ass too, I am unsure how I feel about this.
Well I hate the male gender role of being the "supporter" so I find women that could kick my ass very sexy.

Karakand

ConfusingJazz said:
Are we sure the Chinese judo chick is actually a chick? I have seen no evidence that says s/he doesn't have testicles.
:lol

<Karakand> FUCK Chinese girl won by ippon :(
<Karakand> she looks like a man
<[Redacted]> nooo
<Karakand> PRC is the new East Germany

(me earlier on IRC)

Hootie

These badminton games are hardcore.

EDIT: Was that....DYNASTY WARRIORS music playing? :lol I recognize that music from somewhere.

iamblades

All 4 of the spanish riders up front in the peleton. Been at it for a long while, wonder why. Seems a bit early to be working so hard setting the pace.

Hootie

Agent Icebeezy said:
Hell yeah, see the way he spiked that shit to close out the game. I'll stick to doing this in the backyard.

Looks like we have Bulgaria vs. Sweden in the next women's badminton game.

EDIT: It says singles...they actually have Double's Badminton? There's almost no room to move :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom