• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hootie

WOW, this US/Japan women's soccer match is so annoying. Since there's no commentary all you can hear are their screeching voices.

Hootie

ryutaro's mama said:
If not, he fails at life.

Good point.

But in reality I could care less about their basketball team; the Brazilian beach volleyball team is where it's at, as you can see from the pic in this thread.

Edit: Oh shi-- Korea might win this.

Branduil

Why does America suck at the shooting events? We're practically the only country left that still believes in gun rights, we should have those in the bag.

Hootie

OpinionatedCyborg said:
I love how hard everyone plays in the Olympics, and the lack of commentary really draws me in... I might not be sleeping for the next few weeks.

No commentary wouldn't been fucking great during the Opening Ceremony...

I agree it's great to watch these events without 2-3 idiots blabbering

iamblades

Atrophis said:
This Judo is great, everyone keeps getting thrown on their faces :lol

If only I could figure out how this thing is scored. Seems like they just take turns kicking each others asses, then someone wins, even tho the score says 0 0 or something.

going to go read up on the rules.

iamblades said:
If only I could figure out how this thing is scored. Seems like they just take turns kicking each others asses, then someone wins, even tho the score says 0 0 or something.

going to go read up on the rules.

Ippon man. Ippon.

Atrophis

They get scored on the quality of their throws. So a clean throw with their opponent landing on their back with both shoulders down is better than a throw with only one shoulder etc.

I dont know the exact rules but its along those lines :p

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
ryutaro's mama said:

the basketball channel is showing the women's Australia game. That was the first game played today. Already saw it...but now it has play by play.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
judo and badminton until 8 then basketball and handball

10-ish women's volleyball then beach volleyball

tonight we dine on archery and tennis

I wish the grid for tv was a bit more detailed.

Knowing NBC, we'll see more cycling than volleyball

Peru

Handball up, China - Norway. For some reason women's handball has become one of the most popular sports here in Norway, and they're favorites for the gold.

master15 said:
Just quick question if I'm based in Vancouver, any sites I can watch streaming coverage of the games? Cheers
CBC is streaming some of its coverage: http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/

The most extensive coverage you'll find online is provided by NBC, though. You'll need a US proxy or a program like hot spot shield to watch the streams, though.

Those are my two sources anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom