• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
ok

Brazil women's handball team wear the shortest shorts so far. Makes the basketball team's shorts look long.

giga

Cloudy said:
Wow. :lol

Minutes after her brush with Bryant, Zhao was still euphoric. She was giggling, cupping her hand to her mouth and calling friends on her cellphone to tell them of her experience. When she was approached by a Western reporter, she seemed embarrassed that she was in such an elated state, but she agreed to be interviewed after issuing an apology.

"I'm sorry, my English is poor," she said, not giving herself enough credit.

Asked why she was so excited, she grasped her chest dramatically and said, "Because Kobe is a hero in my heart."

Some of them even wept.

"I was here last summer as well, and every time I come back, the reception has been absolutely fantastic," Bryant said.

To say Bryant, the NBA's reigning most valuable player, is the most popular U.S. basketball player in China is like saying hockey is the most popular sport in Canada. It's obvious.

The crush of cameras and microphones surrounding Bryant was twice that of LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers, the next most in-demand player.

"I don't know what it was like with the Beatles, but from what I've seen on TV, it's very close," Toronto Raptors forward Chris Bosh, a member of the U.S. team, said of the receptions for Bryant. "People's reactions to Kobe alone are pretty crazy. I have to walk the other way. It's sheer excitement. I saw a guy, Kobe gave him an autograph, and he took off running and laughing and jumping. That must have been pretty special to him. He went to go tell his friends about it."

82214345.jpg

By the way, good job team!

Img214522690.jpg

Tarazet

I just woke up and started watching, I'm on the west coast.. the only coverage that's on right now is USA-W and MSNBC, the Russia-Australia volleyball match just ended on USA.. am I behind?

Edit: men's badminton on MSNBC

Karakand

sonarrat said:
I just woke up and started watching, I'm on the west coast.. the only coverage that's on right now is USA-W and MSNBC, the Russia-Australia volleyball match just ended on USA.. am I behind?

Edit: men's badminton on MSNBC
Most of us are just using nbcolympics.com's disgustingly awesome streaming coverage. No tape delays, no commentators.

IIRC you're into cycling right? You missed the end of the men's road race.

Tarazet

Karakand said:
Most of us are just using nbcolympics.com's disgustingly awesome streaming coverage. No tape delays, no commentators.

IIRC you're into cycling right? You missed the end of the men's road race.

Wat? Was it on NBC? They're replaying it starting at 10 am so I can catch it then.. have they broadcast it?

Karakand

sonarrat said:
Just the end? No coverage of how the race played out?
I only watched the last 10km because it wasn't my cup of tea but it was on for a LONG time, so I'm guessing they showed a good chunk to all of it.

Tarazet

Karakand said:
I only watched the last 10km because it wasn't my cup of tea but it was on for a LONG time, so I'm guessing they showed a good chunk to all of it.

Thanks.. I'll wait till the NBC feed comes on at 10 am and catch it then. According to that Yahoo schedule MSNBC didn't play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom