• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow780

Novid said:
Shit man, when she (Sacramone) got screwed in the event finals, I knew the fucking fix was in.

This beats sex after their penis retired.:lol

rmb.jpg

vas_a_morir said:
No doubt in my mind: We will be competing for Phelps' Phamous Comedy Tokens.

I don't know why you guys hate on the bronze medal. Would you call it a comedy token if YOU won a bronze medal at the OLYMPIC GAMES? I'd cherish it.

perfectchaos007 said:
I don't know why you guys hate on the bronze medal. Would you call it a comedy token if YOU won a bronze medal at the OLYMPIC GAMES? I'd cherish it.

I wouldn't laugh at it. Phelps does, though.

Another canoeing gold, and a guaranteed silver at least in the boxing. Still comfortably third in the medals table, despite the best efforts of the cheating American scum. The British are coming!
18 - 12 - 11 (41)

Wow, I wonder what happened to Van Koeverden. I think he had the fastest time in qualifying, and he was expected to contend for gold in this race... he totally had a meltdown. Strange.

Pachael

chickensoup said:
Another canoeing gold, and a guaranteed silver at least in the boxing. Still comfortably third in the medals table, despite the best efforts of the cheating American scum. The British are coming!
18 - 12 - 11 (41)

Well, we got quiet all of a sudden - maybe it's the deflation after watching Wallace get bronze ;p

Pachael

I've been fascinated in following the multiple event events, such as the triathlon and the pentathlon if only due to the fact that multiple disciplines are covered, which is quite cool to watch as competitors have to be strong in all parts of the race.

Then again it might be just seeing someone who was fencing and swimming earlier get on the horse for showjumping that amuses.

So I stayed up late watching the final Men's beach vollyball match USA (Philip Dalhausser and Todd Rogers ) vs Brazil.

Of course I wanted USA to win especially when they were down 6 to 1 in the first set. But the Brazil fans' constant hollering and booing during the US serves really made me pissed off more. What was funny is that you heard the US fans in the stadium got pissed too and started hollering USA USA USA!!

I guess it was retribution when USA came back and won that first set, lost the second but then DOMINATED the third set with Dalhausser blocking almost every shot!

Cheers to Philip Dalhausser and Todd Rogers for showing the Brazilians and the world what's up.

KRS7

i heart sluts said:
So I stayed up late watching the final Men's beach vollyball match USA (Philip Dalhausser and Todd Rogers ) vs Brazil.

Of course I wanted USA to win especially when they were down 6 to 1 in the first set. But the Brazil fans' constant hollering and booing during the US serves really made me pissed off more. What was funny is that you heard the US fans in the stadium got pissed too and started hollering USA USA USA!!

I guess it was retribution when USA came back and won that first set, lost the second but then DOMINATED the third set with Dalhausser blocking almost every shot!

Cheers to Philip Dalhausser and Todd Rogers for showing the Brazilians and the world what's up.

Brazilians don't like losing one bit. I was watching the women soccer final last night where the US won 1-0 in ET. The Brazilians seemed so pissed off and genuinely angry at the US team. They put on such bitter faces on the medal stand.

Shadow780

KRS7 said:
Brazilians don't like losing one bit. I was watching the women soccer final last night where the US won 1-0 in ET. The Brazilians seemed so pissed off and genuinely angry at the US team. They put on such bitter faces on the medal stand.

Athletes likes bronze more than silver apparently.

2hrk5cg.jpg

Aaron Cook just lost out in the last second in the TKW semi. He did a good job to hold on so long, he would have needed some wire-fu help to reach the 6 foot 5 Italian's head. I just hope he can compose himself in time for the bronze final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom