• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuessWho

Bush is pimp!
461373-5.jpg

Tarazet

Branduil said:
This road race is lame.

It's like a game of chess played out over 250 km, so sometimes it can be like watching paint dry.. if the coverage just started then they're not in the hills yet. The first part of the course is flat as a pancake.

Shadow780

sonarrat said:
It's like a game of chess played out over 250 km, so sometimes it can be like watching paint dry.. if the coverage just started then they're not in the hills yet. The first part of the course is flat as a pancake.

They went over Great Wall right?

This is like a sight seeing tour.:D

Karakand

sonarrat said:
It's one of the few events where I'd say commentary was essential if you were inexperienced with it. That was part of the reason I couldn't get into it yesterday... well besides the fact there were other events that satiated my internet ADD. :lol

Kikujiro

The_Inquisitor said:
Also, is our 2 man beach volleyball team out for good with their loss to Latvia?

They still have 2 other matches to play.
I've watched the match and the two of Latvia were amazing.

Kikujiro

I want to share the sad story of Tay Aguero, a 2-time cuban olympic gold medalist, now playing for the Italy women volleyball team (she literally escaped from her country).

One day before the Olympics started she received the news that her mother in Cuba was going to die soon. She flew to Frankfurt waiting for the visa, after two days the cuban government denied the visa to her. She then flew back to Beijing, two hours later a text-message informed her that they have approved the visa, she then re-flew right away to Frankfurt.
Well, it seems to going end well, but during the flight her mother died, so she's coming back to Beijing.

Wes

venison crêpe
Ben Ainslie got becalmed in his first sailing race. Second race he managed to win though. Hopefully he'll pull off a couple more wins.

Wes

venison crêpe
giga said:
its not live on nbc here so it mightve been already broadcasted.

It's not even on the highlights here. Oh well!

Women's Road Race tommorow. Apparently Britian have three strong contenders in that.

Dali

Bulla564 said:
Anybody else on the lookout for the country with the cutest chicks?
I asked what country dressed in all white appeared before Germany during the opening ceremony. I rewatched on NBC last night and apparently it was Mexico. I should have known. Jordan had two really hot women as well.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
The commentary on today's televised events are soooo much better than what we had to put up with during the opening ceremony. I guess that's what happens when you have experts that love the sport providing commentary as opposed to Bob Costas.

Shiggie

Laguna X said:
The commentary on today's televised events are soooo much better than what we had to put up with during the opening ceremony. I guess that's what happens when you have experts that love the sport providing commentary as opposed to Bob Costas.
just thinking about the ceremony.....Fuck london, what the hell are you gonna do, you got SERVED BITCHES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom