• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kittonwy

Banned
IN UR FACE SPAIN!!! ALL OVER YOUR FACE!!! WHAT CHU SAY NOW YUROPE HUH? GO USA GO!!!111!!! USA FOREVER!!! SPAIN NEVER!!!
angry.gif

Zep

Banned
waking up for every 8-10am game...It was worth it!!!!

Just to miss 34mins of the final :lol

Oh well worth it. GOLD BABY, give it uP!

*HAND CLAP*

AmMortal said:
haha, im looking forward to USA getting their ass handed to them by Greece again. Not even Kobe will stand a match to hairy 7+ feet long greeks.

AmMortal said:
I remember that, it was awesome but vince is not playing now is he.lol

The team consists of a bunch of overpayed, egotistical pricks.

Himuro said:
I hope to god the USA basketball team doesn't suck this year. Last time they were horrible and showed an awful display of showmanship and team work.

NetMapel said:
Yeah let's hope it's not a repeat of 2004 :p Didn't they try the all-star-style team in 2004 but completely sucked ?

Himuro said:
:lol

The basketball team is going to suck. AGAIN. They pick a bunch of stuck up, pussy ass b-ball stars who have no concept of the word team work and watch them look like a bunch of shit heads. AGAIN!

Change USA basketball's Dream Team name to the "ME ME ME ME Team".

Shadow780 said:
Lack of presence inside, getting raped on rebounds could be a problem.

Also most of them are superstars they don't usually do the dirty work/intangible stuffs that scrub players do.

Shadow780 said:
Who constantly got gangbanged by 3 players for defensive rebounds in the last exhibition game against Bogut-less Australia because US team loves fast break like *insert random ethnic joke here*

xabre said:
USA may have the best collection of players but they don't have the best team.

SnowWolf said:
4 hopes:

1) USA Basketball doesn't get gold.
2) Michael Phelps sweeps his events.
3) China gets more medals than USA
4) Chinese Taipei gets at least 1 medal.

Hi Haters.
I didn't forget about y'all.
STFU.
Gold Bitches.
Redemption complete.

Jake.

channel 7 said the game didn't start till 6:30 so i turn it on at 6 and i see the last 10 seconds. MOTHERFUCKER. adjrtmwagijweraktrmeawgtawerhgwa reyahgerawhagawrhfwswhrfH

Piecake

lherre said:
Congrats usa

But this match and championship NOT FAIR. If olympic games are FIBA rules are FIBA rules not NBA rules. Too much help for the USA team.

Too much help? wtf are you talking about? The refs sucked, but they sucked for everyone

lherre

Accurate
Starchasing said:
What he meant is that the USA travelled most of the time according to FIBA rules... never get called

Exactly, the rule is different in nba and fiba and all the time the american players violate it.

Ripclawe

Banned
I swear I saw a story that the FIBA is going to change the rules to be more like the NBA.. I can't find it now

oh yeah, BRING A COUPLE OF CENTERS NEXT TIME.

lol USA didn't get called for traveling and neither did spain. the calls went both ways tonight, don't bring that shit in here. spain was defeated by the better team. shouldn't have even been a close game, USA played their C game tonight.

lherre

Accurate
OpinionatedCyborg said:
I counted 3 travels this game.

In fiba you only can one foot (i don't know how to say exactly sorry) and in nba two. The americans make this match 10-12 at least. You only have to review the match.

Spain not violate the rule in the match, only Navarro in the last play (showing to the referers the way that the americans do the things).

BigBoss

lherre said:
Exactly, the rule is different in nba and fiba and all the time the american players violate it.

So...is throwing your elbow into someone's face a violation of the rules according to FIBA or is that allowed?

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Cerrius said:
WADE = MVP of TEAM USA

:lol @ those who doubted him and wanted him off Team USA

I vote Kobe for that +14 CLUTCH points and 2 assists after it was back to a 2 point game.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
WELL DONE TEAM USA! We played our hearts out, and at least we made it a close and exciting match, we can be proud :)

Kittonwy said:
U SUCK RUBIO LIKE A BITCH. CAN'T EVEN DO LAY-UP WHAT R U LIKE FIVE? SPAIN IS TEH NEW FRANCE.
angry.gif

Man, you're embarrassing.

Kittonwy

Banned
tirant said:
You agreed to play with FIBA rules, just follow them. Are they so complicated for you to follow?

Spain lost, just deal with it. Even those cheesy floaters couldn't save them from DEFEAT!!!111!!!
angry.gif

OpinionatedCyborg said:
I counted 3 travels this game.

You either dont know how to count or you dont know the FIBA rule.

this has been a complain since day 1. The problem is that it gives too much af an advantage for the one doing the travel, and since they do it everytime, they have too much advantge when starting to move with the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom