• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

lherre

Accurate
BigBoss said:
So...is throwing your elbow into someone's face a violation of the rules according to FIBA or is that allowed?

You mean lebron or howard? And other rule that howard in EVERY play violate it is the three seconds in the paint.

tehbear

lherre said:
In fiba you only can one foot (i don't know how to say exactly sorry) and in nba two. The americans make this match 10-12 at least. You only have to review the match.

Spain not violate the rule in the match, only Navarro in the last play (showing to the referers the way that the americans do the things).

Much respect to Spain and their more rational fans. As for you, go ahead and believe that's why you lost. Seriously ridiculous fans on both sides, grow up.

Starchasing said:
You either dont know how to count or you dont know the FIBA rule.

this has been a complain since day 1. The problem is that it gives too much af an advantage for the one doing the travel, and since they do it everytime, they have too much advantge when starting to move with the ball
I counted 3 travels called AGAINST the US team, and it was said that they had none when they quite obviously did.

Dali

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol USA didn't get called for traveling and neither did spain. the calls went both ways tonight, don't bring that shit in here. spain was defeated by the better team. shouldn't have even been a close game, USA played their C game tonight.
This is true. USA's defense was deplorable. They were sucking pretty hard tonight.

lherre

Accurate
tehbear said:
Much respect to Spain and their more rational fans. As for you, go ahead and believe that's why you lost. Seriously ridiculous fans on both sides, grow up.

Well if you think that at least 10-12 violations are few or not critical in the match ...

tehbear

lherre said:
Well if you think that at least 10-12 violations are few or not critical in the match ...

Yes cause Spain did not get away with shit right? Are you trying to tell me the refs are bought off? Just say it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Kitt doesn't represent NBA-GAF, The NeoGAF Basketball Authority, in any way. Hell of a game though Spain.

Also... How would we play an entire tournament, refereed by non-NBA officials without playing by that tournaments rules? I mean, thats what the refs are there for right? I didn't hear any of this before we laid claim to the gold.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
giga said:
kobe_bryant.jpg

Clutch as fuck. Classic Kobe performance made this game awesome.
I Prayed, he answered, We ALL Won!!!!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
starchasing honestly what game were you watching? were you not watching spain travel time and again?

sour grapes ;)
I like the one where Fernandez took FOUR steps and a no-call.
Also... How would we play an entire tournament, refereed by non-NBA officials without playing by that tournaments rules? I mean, thats what the refs are there for right? I didn't hear any of this before we laid claim to the gold.
Don't try arguing with irrationality. You'll get a headache.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Guys, there were outrageous calls on both sides, lets not forget the technical on Howard, just as bad as Rubio. The game was hard fought and really represented what the Olympics are all about.

Once again, congrats to the US and I couldnt be more proud of my Spanish team

FrenchMovieTheme said:
starchasing honestly what game were you watching? were you not watching spain travel time and again?

sour grapes ;)

Do you even know the rule?

Do you know how it affects the game?

You obviously dont since you dont understand what a big impact this makes.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
DY_nasty said:
that's the funny part - they're FIFA refs, yet they're somehow following 'NBA rules'.

nny

Congrats USA, for Basketball and Volleyball as well. Now on to Handball, I'm rooting for Iceland!

scorcho said:
that's the funny part - they're FIFA refs, yet they're somehow following NBA rules.

With soccer referees it's not surprising they did a bad job.

lherre

Accurate
tehbear said:
Yes cause Spain did not get away with shit right? Are you trying to tell me the refs are bought off? Just say it.

No, i dont think that the referers are bought, I don't say that.

aznpxdd

DY_nasty said:
Kitt doesn't represent NBA-GAF, The NeoGAF Basketball Authority, in any way. Hell of a game though Spain.

Yeah...they might tolerate that retarded gimmick at the gaming side, but not in the OT.

Slurmer

Banned
lherre said:
You mean lebron or howard? And other rule that howard in EVERY play violate it is the three seconds in the paint.

seriously, stop being so bitter. bad calls on both sides through the whole game.

DY_nasty

scorcho said:
that's the funny part - they're FIFA refs, yet they're somehow following NBA rules.

You know what you sound like... I'm not even going to say it for you either.

lherre

Accurate
scorcho said:

FIFA??

You only has to know the FIBA rules and see the match again, I am not inventing nothing.

But I repeat, congrat USA.

Piecake

Raging Spaniard said:
Guys, there were outrageous calls on both sides, lets not forget the technical on Howard, just as bad as Rubio. The game was hard fought and really represented what the Olympics are all about.

Once again, congrats to the US and I couldnt be more proud of my Spanish team

Agreed, the refs were horrible, but they were horrible for both sides. They were incredibly inconsistent

Kittonwy

Banned
aznpxdd said:
Yeah...they might tolerate that retarded gimmick at the gaming side, but not in the OT.

I support freedom, freedom not a gimmick.
angry.gif

Seriously spain dudes, u guyz played a good game but you lost fair and square, just take it like men. Think about it, you got a silver by losing, not a bad deal.
Indifferent2.gif

scorcho

DY_nasty said:
You know what you sound like... I'm not even going to say it for you either.
sarcasm. look it up and then put your 'ohhhh' face on.

edit: oops. meant fiba, but am used to typing fifa. my bad.

Do you even know the rule?

Do you know how it affects the game?

You obviously dont since you dont understand what a big impact this makes.

you're whining about shit that spain did also. whats the point? i dont see you complaining about all the 4th quarter ticky tack fouls called on the US. or is that not in FIBA ball so you dont care?

bottom line is the US won, calls went both ways, everything evens out in the end. give it up for the US and stop your whining

I think most of you guys think that im bitching about travelling after the dribble.

Im talking travelling at the begining of the dribble

you're whining about shit that spain did also. whats the point? i dont see you complaining about all the 4th quarter ticky tack fouls called on the US. or is that not in FIBA ball so you dont care?

As is said, you probably dont know about the rule im talking about, its ok after all you are north american

lherre

Accurate
FrenchMovieTheme said:

bottom line is the US won, calls went both ways, everything evens out in the end. give it up for the US and stop your whining

You don't know the rule, simply.

Not sure if anyone here cares, but the US is playing in the water polo gold medal match right now. They're down 9-11 to two-time defending gold medal winners Hungary heading into the 4th quarter. There's a live stream on the NBC site.

Dali

lherre said:
FIFA??

You only has to know the FIBA rules, I am not inventing nothing.

But I repeat, congrat USA.

You basically say the US won through some sort of conspiracy then you close by saying 'congrats USA' like that exempts you from being a sore loser.

lherre

Accurate
Dali said:
You basically say the US won through some sort of conspiracy then you close by saying 'congrats USA' like that makes you seem like anything but a poor loser.

No, I saying that USA don't need help to win a match because they have wonderful players.

Starchasing said:
I think most of you guys think that im bitching about travelling after the dribble.

Im talking travelling at the begining of the dribble

As is said, you probably dont know about the rule im talking about, its ok after all you are north american
You're saying the US players were taking a step before the ball hit the floor? Are you saying they changed pivot feet? Are you talking about palming/carrying the ball?

If you guys explained the rule the US team broke every time (but the Spanish team didn't, apparently), you wouldn't sound so bitter.

Finally after 8 embarrassing years we're back on top.

As I said, the two champions Kobe and Wade pulled us through. The other players started to look flustered when the game got to a 2 point lead.

Kobe struggled early on this Olympics but it was great to see him literally pull the team over the finish line. It also allowed Lebron to actually when something for the first time since high school.

so let me get this straight:

both teams are playing by the same rules.
any "rules" from the FIBA rule book that are being broken are being broken by both teams.

what is the problem here? the better team won.

tenritsu

Banned
So. With all this excessive whining, are those who are pissed that Spain lost trying to channel their mental energy to reverse every step up to a score for the US to be a traveling violation?

Seriously, it's over. It was a good game. Both sides played hella great. End of Story. Period. .

DY_nasty

scorcho said:
sarcasm. look it up and then put your 'ohhhh' face on.

Dude, I'm trying to be objective just for the sake of argument. You're trying to make it sound like Spain, Argentina, and the rest of the tournament teams somehow 'played by FIBA rules while we somehow escaped them. That just doesn't even make sense. You're trying to use the 'russian judge' argument on a completely different kind of game.

Diddy would call this bitchassness...

lherre

Accurate
FrenchMovieTheme said:
so let me get this straight:

both teams are playing by the same rules.
any "rules" from the FIBA rule book that are being broken are being broken by both teams.

what is the problem here? the better team won.

Depends on the number of violations ... but I repeat is easy to check, see the match again and see the fiba rule about travelling.

scorcho

DY_nasty said:
Dude, I'm trying to be objective just for the sake of argument. You're trying to make it sound like Spain, Argentina, and the rest of the tournament teams somehow 'played by FIBA rules while we somehow escaped them. That just doesn't even make sense. You're trying to use the 'russian judge' argument on a completely different kind of game.

Diddy would call this bitchassness...
no. i am agreeing with you and using sarcasm as a rhetorical device to illustrate how ridiculous the bitter tears argument from the other side sounds.

you should put your 'oooooh' face on now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom