• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodchuck

and i dont think blazer fans should be talking about blowing leads in spectacular fashion...

lakers.jpg

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
WTF :lol at that animated Coke commercial with Lebron and Yao.

Stereotypes galore.

reilo

woodchuck said:
and i dont think blazer fans should be talking about blowing leads in spectacular fashion...

lakers.jpg

So you show the Lakers?

The Celtics rallied from a 24-point deficit and beat the Los Angeles Lakers 97-91 on Thursday night to take a commanding 3-1 lead

Never forget.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
a Master Ninja said:
Easily one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.
28rfbfa.jpg

wa26gg.jpg
Too bad this land is occupied by some of the most selfish and self-centred people on Earth. I was just at Yahoo's Taiwanese page and their olympics forums is completely spammed by Chinese calling Taiwanese "dogs" and worthless shit for competing against their "motherland". Ironic when they themselves insist olympics shall not be politicalized.

NewLib

Banned
NetMapel said:
Too bad this land is occupied by some of the most selfish and self-centred people on Earth. I was just at Yahoo's Taiwanese page and their olympics forums is completely spammed by Chinese calling Taiwanese "dogs" and worthless shit for competing against their "motherland". Ironic when they themselves insist olympics shall not be politicalized.

You have obviously never seen message boards occupied by mostly Europeans during the World Cup if you think that is rude or even unusual.

reilo

Phelps a new Olympic Record in the preliminaries :eek:

He owns 3 of the 4 fastest of all time. Jesus.

That guy must get so much ass.

Dali

reilo said:
I don't think Coach K and D'Antoni are capable of managing all of the egos on that team. It will be Kobe, Lebron, and Wade that keep everyone in check. That all depends on if they can keep themselves in check though.

The US team should blow out everyone out of the water, but the Spanish team has 7 NBA players [current or future] on their team, and the experience and the medals to back it all up with.

At least Portland has a championship.

Throw in Melo and that's all the egos that needed to be kept in check. :lol

reilo

Dali said:
Throw in Melo and that's all the egos that needed to be kept in check. :lol

Melo will probably get caught with a dead Asian hooker in his hotel room.

Shadow780

NetMapel said:

There are always extremist everywhere, I don't think the general public holds any hostile grudges against TW. In fact, they cheer loudly for Taiwanese athlete during opening day at weightlifting.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Can we please keep Men's Olympic basketball discussion to the NBA thread? The only people who care about the Redeem Team are the regulars of that thread in the first place.

ccbfan

NetMapel said:

LOL at using an internet forum to judge a nationality of people.

reilo

SnowWolf said:
Can we please keep Men's Olympic basketball discussion to the NBA thread? The only people who care about the Redeem Team are the regulars of that thread in the first place.

It's the goddamn Olympics, so of course we are going to talk about, you know, OLYMPIC events.

Are the football fans supposed to keep the football events out of this thread, too?

Dali

SnowWolf said:
I've never posted nor have I ever had the desire to post in an NBA thread. So kindly STFU.
Shadow780 said:
naw, they go out for the service~:lol

1217755636829.jpg

1217755783774.jpg

1217756269660.jpg

I hope they aren't looking to enjoy a beer.

reilo

Dali said:
I've never posted nor have I ever had the desire to post in an NBA thread. So kindly STFU.

Why not? It's the best thread on NeoGAF.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
ccbfan said:
LOL at using an internet forum to judge a nationality of people.
True. I was harsh. However, I'm getting really tired seeing these spams and all when I'm just trying to get some updates on my team's performance.

a Master Ninja said:
Easily one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.
28rfbfa.jpg

wa26gg.jpg
I need to make a thread about BBC's "Wild China." It's a fucking spectacular documentary that combines the imagery the Planet Earth series with anthropological information. What China's relationship with its environment is now, what it was historically, and how it will evolve moving forward. I was honestly awestruck at some of China's vista and the historical depth China has to offer... What a spectacular land.

Dali

reilo said:
Why not? It's the best thread on NeoGAF.
I've grown disinterested in pro sports for the most part. I watch the Superbowl, but don't really care about the regular season. I watched some of the painfully long NBA playoffs and the finals, but not much of the regular season. Baseball just sucks and I feel embarrassed every year I find out it's the World Series via some stranger I'm playing pool with.

Shadow780

OpinionatedCyborg said:
I need to make a thread about BBC's "Wild China." It's a fucking spectacular documentary that combines the imagery the Planet Earth series with anthropological information. What China's relationship with its environment is now, what it was historically, and how it will evolve moving forward. I was honestly awestruck at some of China's vista and the historical depth China has to offer... What a spectacular land.

I haven't catch Beijing with that blue sky yet, it's so smoggy, almost terrifying gray.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I forgot most of people in this thread aren't watching stuff live.
I was like the fencing stuff was over at 5am-ish

the REAL men sports take place in a couple of hours including tennis and water polo

get your naps in now.

Shadow780 said:
I haven't catch Beijing with that blue sky yet, it's so smoggy, almost terrifying gray.
The series is a combination of urban and rural environments and how they struggle to co-exist. More emphasis is given to the rural areas and events, particularly ones that have never been caught on film before. We all know China has some serious pollution problems, but if you instantly associate China with pollution and glum grey skies, I think you should give this documentary a chance. I knew China was more than the sprawling metropolises of Beijing, Shanghai, Nanjing, etc. but I never knew how beautiful the country really was.

Wild China's been uploaded to youtube if you'd like a taste. It really should be seen at DVD or HD quality, though. My favourite episode in the series was probably Beyond the Great Wall, but they were all great.

Take a look at this: http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=12722

fucking spectacular

Stele

Holds a little red book
NetMapel said:
lol...the pot calling the kettle black. Chinese people have always had a problem with self-condescension.

Wild China is only 1080i for some reason.

Shadow780

OpinionatedCyborg said:
The series is a combination of urban and rural environments and how they struggle to co-exist. More emphasis is given to the rural areas and events, particularly ones that have never been caught on film before. We all know China has some serious pollution problems, but if you instantly associate China with pollution and glum grey skies, I think you should give this documentary a chance. I knew China was more than the sprawling metropolises of Beijing, Shanghai, Nanjing, etc. but I never knew how beautiful the country really was.

Wild China's been uploaded to youtube if you'd like a taste. It really should be seen at DVD or HD quality, though. My favourite episode in the series was probably Beyond the Great Wall, but they were all great.

Take a look at this: http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=12722

fucking spectacular

Noted, I should consider this as well along with Planet Earth blu-ray.:D

NewLib

Banned
OatmealMu said:
Same here.

And I have NO idea how this is being judging. Nice strafing at least. Would be a good horse in an FPS game.

Equestrian Eventing is divided up three ways: Dressage (Which is basically just a show competition and meant to show obedience), Cross Country, and Jumping.

Honestly, the only watchable one is Jumping. Dressage is basically a dog show for horses.

OatmealMu

The_Inquisitor said:
Alright, time to fire up the live sports discussion again! We have any USA members competing?

US just competed in equestrian. What happened? Fuck if I know.

Also, Ringwould Jaguar is the coolest name for a horse ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom