• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

Mumei said:
Which event did Phelps just do?
400mm medley qualifying heats. the real stuff is tonight.

Finals: Men's 400m freestyle, women's 4x100m freestyle relay, men's and women's 400m IM (live ET) 8pm - midnight

Hootie

Illuminati said:
Yeah you're right. Man some of the indoor girls volleyball players have been smoking compared to beach.

I know, wtf. I'm looking right now and EVERY girl on the team is either cute or hot.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
woodchuck said:
did they announce the exact time tonight for Phelps's 400m final? or is it just "primetime"
Just "primetime". It'll be hard to miss I would think, as there will probably be a lot of build up leading to it.

Hot damn, those Polish ladies are smokin'. :p~~~

~Kinggi~

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
The Opening Ceremonies for the Beijing Olympics was amazing.

The pageantry, the music, the choreography was so perfect.

If something needs a Blu-Ray release, it is this.
yes, i must have this

Gigglepoo

Before the Opening Ceremonies began, the commentators were talking about the exorbitant price ($300 million!) and how China gave their most prestigious director the right to do what he wanted. I was like "Bah! He's not the most prestigious. The guy who did Hero is." Then I looked it up and saw the director of Hero was doing the opening ceremonies. I was shocked. It's my favorite movie ever, and the show he put on last night was incredible. I had no idea he was so highly regarded.

Branduil

Gigglepoo said:
Before the Opening Ceremonies began, the commentators were talking about the exorbitant price ($300 million!) and how China gave their most prestigious director the right to do what he wanted. I was like "Bah! He's not the most prestigious. The guy who did Hero is." Then I looked it up and saw the director of Hero was doing the opening ceremonies. I was shocked. It's my favorite movie ever, and the show he put on last night was incredible. I had no idea he was so highly regarded.
Why wouldn't he be, Hero was well made and it was basically one big propaganda piece for China.

Gigglepoo

Branduil said:
Why wouldn't he be, Hero was well made and it was basically one big propaganda piece for China.

I don't pride myself on Chinese knowledge. I love the movie, but I didn't realize the world did.

Now maybe I can get a Blu Ray release.

woodchuck

Laguna X said:
I wish I was the one doing the spanking.

2qlbql1.jpg

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Guys, the movie Stick It is on USA.

It's starring Missy Peregrym in tight spandex.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Women's Beach Volleyball on NBCHD now :D

EDIT: Dammit, the American women are ugly.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Gigglepoo said:

It's your favorite movie ever and you don't even know who the director is?

Branduil

woodchuck said:
wow. the rogers guy is a total asshole. talk about a backhanded compliment to latvia :lol
It's like they learned nothing. What a pathetic team, they should be kicked out of America. Just deny them entrance when they try to come back from Beijing.

Just how big are the Olympics in the USA? I mean, is everybody going bananas and watching 24/7 on TV?

Because here (Brazil) its marketed the crap out of it, people really love it. And we only have a good program in a couple of sports.

I know football, golf, and baseball (kind of) are not on the summer games, but just how big is the event for you guys?

People talk about on the streets, things like that, or just another event on TV?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Amazing comeback/chokejob going down in this bronze medal fencing match. WHAT A FINISH!

seattle6418 said:
Just how big are the Olympics in the USA? I mean, is everybody going bananas and watching 24/7 on TV?

Because here (Brazil) its marketed the crap out of it, people really love it. And we only have a good program in a couple of sports.

I know football, golf, and baseball (kind of) are not on the summer games, but just how big is the event for you guys?

People talk about on the streets, things like that, or just another event on TV?

It's kinda big, but not that big. We expect all of our athletes to sweep every event without knowing too much about whats going on. With that being said, the Olympics need football. Then you'd see epic American turnout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom