• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JABEE

The Frankman said:
Who the heck is Juan Perez? Nasty stuff.
He's a minor leaguer who is 32 years old. He threw 9 pitches for 9 strikes and three Ks against te Braves last weekend. He has nasty stuff but can get a little wild.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
And we have a laugher folks, the rest of you can pack it in if you want, but I'll stick around long enough to slit my wrists.

Sharp

So guys what are Hudson's stats when pitching with an eight run lead

NM brb crying
Enron said:
Washington Nationals - not particularly good with the leather

baahahahahah Hudson doubles upon dat azz
This is a totally atypical game for how they've played this year. Seriously bringing back memories of '09

Sharp

If there's a time for Stairs to hit an HR, it's now, in a totally meaningless blowout.

I like Freeman at first, keep him there please.

verbum

Sharp said:
If there's a time for Stairs to hit an HR, it's now, in a totally meaningless blowout.

I like Freeman at first, keep him there please.

We like Morse at first but you can move him to SS if you want.

Sharp

verbum said:
We like Morse at first but you can move him to SS if you want.
Morse has made four errors all year. Freeman, on the other hand, has a -6+ UZR at first. Keeping in mind the small sample sizes, that's still pretty fucking impressive at such an irrelevant defensive position.

Sharp

Nationals fans: this is what they call regression. It will happen to our bullpen. It will happen to our starters. Every single pitcher on the Nats besides Gorzelanny is probably going to do worse in the second half. Prepare.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Sharp said:
Nationals fans: this is what they call regression. It will happen to our bullpen. It will happen to our starters. Every single pitcher on the Nats besides Gorzelanny is probably going to do worse in the second half. Prepare.

Ye Gods.

What about thine hitting?

Sharp

Joey Fox said:
Ye Gods.

What about thine hitting?
Werth and Zimm will likely do much better. Nix and Morse will likely do worse, Nix much moreso than Morse. Everyone else will do about the same. I don't think our run scoring will change that much, to be honest. It's our pitching that's been overperforming all year.

Sharp said:
Werth and Zimm will likely do much better. Nix and Morse will likely do worse, Nix much moreso than Morse. Everyone else will do about the same. I don't think our run scoring will change that much, to be honest. It's our pitching that's been overperforming all year.

Why do you think Werth will do better?

Enron

Banned
I went to Steven Strasburg's start last year in Turner. Man that game was great. The Ted was packed, the crowd was electric, all because the NATIONALS came to town. This Nationals team, my God....

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Enron said:
I went to Steven Strasburg's start last year in Turner. Man that game was great. The Ted was packed, the crowd was electric, all because the NATIONALS came to town. This Nationals team, my God....

Unfortunately, for the Braves, it's only one game. Those Strasburg starts, though... I went to one also. I hope they're the same when he comes back this year, and forever after of course.

harSon

Banned
jakncoke said:
i believe he just called you a fairweather fan :p

Ah, whatever :p I've poked my head in here a few times over the last 3 years, although it's not as entertaining to participate in as the NFL/NBA threads. I will admit that I tend to lose interest in baseball every season by the Allstar break, it's hard to give a shit when your team does yearly fire sales, solidifying another years tacked onto an almost 2 decade long tradition of losing!

eznark

Banned
Sharp said:
If there's any team it is totally permissible to be a fairweather fan of, it is the Pirates.

Totally, just impeccable timing (and from a sportsGAF regular like harSon...for shame!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom