• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxim726X

The Frankman said:
Josh Thole I don't think has called for a pitch inside yet this inning. Everything away from Ruiz, Mayberry, even the pitcher Worley.

Awesome.

I'm sorry, Thole is terrible. He calls a shitty game, he can't catch (literally) and he's a slap hitter.

No thanks.

Sharp

Wow, Morse is usually so reliable in the field too.

Oh and stop worrying and learn to love the Livo zone, he needs it to stay competitive. Without it he'd be throwing BP in someone's backyard.

...and then Heyward gets the benefit of some very questionable calls.

Axion22

If you see... or hear... this man, run.

ky52pl.jpg

He's telling tales that the Padres are going to sign Bell to a multi-year deal.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
actually, livo got kind of squeezed there

still, good on heyward for not swinging

edit: forgot to mention this earlier, but seeing heyward hitting 3rd with freddie in clean up is pretty awesome in its own way

Sharp

I hate umps that are inconsistent like this though... if you're not going to give the Livo zone don't change your mind from batter to batter. At least let Davey know so he can bring in the bullpen.

Gotta love the gameplan Ruiz/Worley are working on, busting everyone inside with the sinking fastball constantly then going away with the change/4 seamer. I've always been impressed with the way Ruiz calls a game.

And just as I was typing this Josh Thole passed ball.

CygnusXS

Dan Uggla continues his bounce back. Man, it's been said a lot, but if this team starts hitting consistantly...

hahahahaha

Natinals defense!

Sharp

Desmond is like that guy who calls you your friend and hangs around with you but you never really include him in any activities and make fun of him behind his back.

Sharp

Anyone have a spare CF we can borrow? We'll give you a promising rising shortstop in Ian Desmond and an exciting bench bat in Roger Bernadina. Tools up the ass

Maybe we'll throw in Livo too, it's a bargain I swear

CygnusXS

Don't feel too bad about that inning nats fans, after all, livo was only charged with 1 run. that's good news, right?

verbum

Good inning for the Braves, got some luck on our side. Now to build on this lead, if Hudson can keep the pitches down.

Sharp

Livo has given up ten runs in his last two innings. It's rare for regression to be so up-front.
CygnusXS said:
Don't feel too bad about that inning nats fans, after all, livo was only charged with 1 run. that's good news, right?
Unless I missed something, Livo's not in contention for the HoF or an ERA title, so I'm... not sure?

Yes get squeezed Hudson

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
i started doing the dishes and we started scoring, i finished and we got two outs. Sorry, all my fault.

Sharp

Hudson has to have like a 1-2 ERA against the Nats. He always completely owns us no matter what our lineup.

John Mayberry batting, likes the ball away and can be tied up in:

Every pitch away so far to him this game. I so hate your game-calling Josh Thole.

CygnusXS

Sharp said:
Livo has given up ten runs in his last two innings. It's rare for regression to be so up-front.

Unless I missed something, Livo's not in contention for the HoF or an ERA title, so I'm... not sure?

Yes get squeezed Hudson
I was referencing the fact that people who only look at ERA, and thus tend to still think highly of livo, will see that inning as just bad luck or something.

In other news, Arodys Vizcaino, BA's #16 mid-season prospect, is getting moved to the bullpen for the rest of the season to limit his innings. Does this mean he could get a call up soon? Please god hopefully.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Sharp said:
Hudson has to have like a 1-2 ERA against the Nats. He always completely owns us no matter what our lineup.
2.00 ERA in 20 starts (139.1 IP).

jakncoke

Banned
CygnusXS said:
how much have the pirates spent on this draft so far?

Im not sure, we've signed 17 players. It's going to be interesting how much we give Cole and how much or if we can get Josh Bell to stay away from Texas

Sharp

verbum said:
They said Hudson is 138-2 lifetime when he has a lead of at least 3 runs.
Probably because if he starts giving up runs once he has a 3 run lead they just take him out.

Oh god damn it

Dmncnby2k9 said:
Let's go Mets! Cmon Bay, make us believe you deserve all that cash!
Bay can't really reach anything away. Virtually every pitch was away to him, and he just missed K-ing him. Worley at 105 pitches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom