• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp

Maxim726X said:
Seriously. Why is it that people infer that players have a bad work ethic because they're pompous? They know as well as anyone that talent alone doesn't make someone elite.
Because people want to believe that players' personal lives or personalities are affecting on-field play. Makes for better narratives and drama and shit than "actually he just ran into some bad luck totally randomly" or "the reason Francoeur always fizzles out after he's been with a team for awhile is because he is bad at baseball."

Maxim726X

Dmncnby2k9 said:
I would place a bet on the Pirates reaching playoffs.

I think that 91.8% is being a little too generous for the Yankmees, too.

Gonna need Colon and Garcia to keep up what they've been doing if they want to make the post-season.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Pirates have this schedule at the end of the month

3vs. Reds, 3 vs. Cardinals, 4 @ Braves, 3 @ Phillies.

I'm thinking they will either be at .500 or below it at the end of the month.

ok maybe i exaggerated a bit, playoffs might be tough this year, but at 2.9% making playoffs odd? Should be higher in my opinion that's all. I picked Brewers to win the division and with the addition of K-Rod the odds got better.

imgres

100 dominicans pesos equals 2 dollars and 64 cents.

Escobar didn’t make the cut. His on field value would justify his placement, but he comes with significant off-the-field concerns, which is why the Braves essentially gave him away in the first place.
was dave cameron always this retarded?

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
The stands are full of fans for an afternoon game between two last place teams. I would love to watch a game at Wrigley field again.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
eznark said:
You'd be the only one

They changed the name to PNC? Tear down the stadium.

Edit: No they didn't, not sure why I jumped to that conclusion. Made more sense to me that they'd changed the name than your response.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Pop fly fail by the Marlins off the bat of Soriano, two runs score.

Now where have I seen that before? At least they'll charge this one as an error.

eznark

Banned
Joey Fox said:
They changed the name to PNC? Tear down the stadium.

Edit: No they didn't, not sure why I jumped to that conclusion. Made more sense to me that they'd changed the name than your response.

No one goes to Wrigley for the baseball.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
eznark said:
No one goes to Wrigley for the baseball.

Ok I get what you're saying, now. The fans at Wrigley aren't as good as they seem, regardless of the fact that every one on camera seems to be in their seats watching the game and wearing Cubs hats.

I'm not doubting there are better fans out there, but they can't be any worse than some of the ditzes I see and hear at Nationals games.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
It must be a Midwest thing to complain about people not paying attention at a game.

East Coasters don't pay attention so much that it's expected.

Windu

#Braves lineup: 1. Schafer CF, 2. Prado 3B, 3. Heyward RF, 4. Freeman 1B, 5. Uggla 2B, 6. Ross C, 7. McLouth LF, 8. Gonzalez SS, 9. Hudson
well at least gonzo is where he belongs, doubt Schafer is going anywhere anytime soon.

Windu

verbum said:
Apparently Ross will be catching Hudson most of the time.
Fredi said the same thing about Ross and Jurrjens in April.

I'd prefer he just use Ross when there is a tough lefty and off the bench And then of course when McCann needs a day off. But I guess he likes to take the lazy route, as always.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
CygnusXS said:
pfft nobody cares about your team's lineup order

Nats fans come out more for event games and wins.

I'm sure they'll appreciate the lineup post after the fact, when they wonder how the team came back from down 5, or how the Nats scored 10 runs, etc.

Jack McKeon can barely walk to the mound, LOL.

Windu

Joey Fox said:

I'm sure they'll appreciate the lineup post after the fact, when they wonder how the team came back from down 5, or how the Nats scored 10 runs, etc.
I already know the answer, Scott proctor.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Carlos Marmol missing badly once again, first three pitches wayy outside.

Edit: and it turns into a 4 pitch walk.

Marmol bailed out on lazy baserunning by Hanley Ramirez.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
@Buster_ESPN Buster Olney
Orioles and J.J. Hardy making progress on a three-year deal that could be in the range of $21 million-$25 million.
Figured the O's would trade him with the team going nowhere.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Joey Fox said:

Jack McKeon can barely walk to the mound, LOL.
you know I was messing with you, right?

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
CygnusXS said:
you know I was messing with you, right?

Nah I figured you were messing with the other Nats fans.

And Sharp is right, it's nice to see Werth at 6, as opposed to say, 2 or 5. That lineup is pretty standardized, but I'm pleased to see Morse at 4 instead of 5, even with Nix in there.

Now that K-Rod has waived his $17.5 million option, the buyout for the option increases from $3.5 million to $4 million. The Mets will pay the $3.5 million and the Brewers will only pay the $500k.

This was a fucking hell of a deal for the Brewers.

Celsior

AnEternalEnigma said:
Now that K-Rod has waived his $17.5 million option, the buyout for the option increases from $3.5 million to $4 million. The Mets will pay the $3.5 million and the Brewers will only pay the $500k.

God he must fucking not want to play for the Brewers.

Angel Pagan, CF
Justin Turner, 2B
Carlos Beltran, RF
Daniel Murphy, 3B
Jason Bay, LF
Lucas Duda, 1B
Josh Thole, C
Ruben Tejada, SS
R.A. Dickey, RHP
Mets HAVE to win tonight vs. Worley. Hamels is pitching tomorrow and they usually kill him, and Sunday is the immortal Kyle Kendrick.
AnEternalEnigma said:
K-Rod just waived his $17.5 vesting option for 2012.
I knew he'd do it as a Met (kept saying he'd do it), I stopped worrying about it. However I had no idea he'd do it as a Brewer. Frankie/Boras REALLY want free agency.

eznark

Banned
AnEternalEnigma said:

Holy shit, that is awesome. Not because of the money ($3.5 is nothing to any team in baseball) but because they can now use him whenever it makes sense with no worries whatsoever.

My guess is Roenicke and Melvin knew this was coming.

Vargas

I was just playing MLB 11 The Show and I home run I hit was reviewed. I have been playing the game since it came out and never saw that happen. I thought the game was messed up for a time since the replay took its sweet time going in slow mo and all.

Vargas said:
I was just playing MLB 11 The Show and I home run I hit was reviewed. I have been playing the game since it came out and never saw that happen. I thought the game was messed up for a time since the replay took its sweet time going in slow mo and all.
Implemented last year I thought... funny, a lot of the reviews aren't close.
Sharp said:
I don't think so, he never had any of those.
I mean he wasn't always a knuckleballer, but as a Met he has never thrown a slider. He actually had a curve in the minors/last year but I don't recall seeing it this year. He had thrown a change last year but he scrapped it this year to concentrate on his soft knuckleball.

ESPN MLB GameCast has a new beta out. Looks nice, the Strike Zone indicator appears much more accurate.

EDIT: Oh hey R.A. Dickey apparently being squeezed and walking people. Just likethe 1st half!

Josh Thole I don't think has called for a pitch inside yet this inning. Everything away from Ruiz, Mayberry, even the pitcher Worley.

Awesome.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
groundball, groundball, groundball, flyball, strike out: 1 run scores

well, shit happens

the livo zone is in full effect i see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom