• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
darkside31337 said:
Blue Jays are notorious in their shenanigans involving stealing signs. More so than any other team in baseball. It's something that's been whispered about them for a really long time, at least since 2005 http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=250720114 for example.

I'm not saying where there is smoke there is fire, but Girardi isn't the first one in baseball to question what the Blue Jays have been doing and he's definitely not going to be the last guy either. KLaw on Twitter said that there's been rumblings for years from other teams about the Jays stealing signs and he used to work for them (says he wouldn't know if it happened while he was there).

I'm in the camp that stealing signs while on the field is totally cool and should be done more often. Stealing signs with cameras and dudes in the outfield with binoculars? That's some Spygate ridiculous shenanigans that has no place in the game.

That or Colon and Garcia are just fucking garbage. Then again I'm sure you were defending the Spankees last month when Texas was accusing them of the same shit.

Doytch

darkside31337 said:
I don't really care either way, Garcia and Colon got rocked because they're Garcia and Colon. It's just the notion that somehow Girardi is a sore loser and totally made this up out of the blue is what I find silly considering the fact that there are other organizations in baseball who think the Jays do fishy things up in Toronto and not just that they're Canadians.
organisations think every organisation does shady things. girardi's being a little bitch, but at least he's not alone!

jakncoke

Banned
Dmncnby2k9 said:
Damn, Pirates in first place!
Jakncoke, would they consider trading for Beltran?

From my general understanding is they are going to willing to help this years team but aren't going all out. I assume Beltran will take more than Pirates are willing to give up.

Carlos Beltran is not in the lineup Saturday because he has flu-like symptoms, a team official said. Beltran also was feeling under the weather Friday.

62270.gif

Jangocube

Banned
darkside31337 said:
According to Jeff Zrebiec https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiecsun, JJ Hardy has signed a 3 year extension with the O's roughly 3/22 with a limited no-trade clause.

Honestly shocked he signed that extension. Was easily putting himself in position as the consolation prize to the teams that lost out on Reyes, and that would have been for way more than 3/22.

Not sure why anybody would want to stick around on the O's for 3 years either.

Screw you sir! I'd stay just for Camden Yards. Such a beautiful park.

And while that's a lot of money, it could work out pretty well. Not very many shortstops with 20 homer potential these days. It's not like the Orioles have spent any money recently anyways.

Doytch

its pretty amazing that we stopped being able to steal signs as soon as the yankees put in a pitcher that doesn't suck shit.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Doytch said:
its pretty amazing that we stopped being able to steal signs as soon as the yankees put in a pitcher that doesn't suck shit.

Jays turned off the cameras for a day, didn't want to make it too obvious.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I am a New Yorker and a fan of NY sports teams but dear god I hate the Yankees.

I wish the Jays and Orioles weren't in a perpetual state of mediocrity (I'm being generous) because the Rays are the only good guys who fight the good fight in the AL East.

It's ok though because the Rays are already well on their way to that 7 game winning streak to climb right back into the thick of things.

jakncoke

Banned
The resource comes from Taiwan: The Pirates signed Wang in the early June for a signing bouns about $300K. However, they found he had torn hamstring, and will need Tommy John surgery, so they withdrew the deal.
For me, a Taiwanese Bucs fans, this is a sad news. Wang has a better potential than the former 3 players that the Bucs have dropped. Chin-De Chang now is the only one Taiwanese player in the system.

tommy john on hamstring? wat. or does mean he has a torn hamstring + needs tommy john on his elbow?

Dragon

Banned
darkside31337 said:
I am a New Yorker and a fan of NY sports teams but dear god I hate the Yankees.

I wish the Jays and Orioles weren't in a perpetual state of mediocrity (I'm being generous) because the Rays are the only good guys who fight the good fight in the AL East.

It's ok though because the Rays are already well on their way to that 7 game winning streak to climb right back into the thick of things.

Yeah you're leaving out a team with a payroll almost as big as the Yankees. The Rays are awful offensively.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
TheBranca18 said:
Yeah you're leaving out a team with a payroll almost as big as the Yankees. The Rays are awful offensively.

I left the Red Sox out on purpose. They're just as bad as the Yankees.

Even worse really because their owner is cheaping out on them just because he happens to own one of the world's largest football clubs as well.

Dragon

Banned
darkside31337 said:
I left the Red Sox out on purpose. They're just as bad as the Yankees.

Even worse really because their owner is cheaping out on them just because he happens to own one of the world's largest football clubs as well.

I have no idea what you're talking about. In any case why would you cheer for the Rays? They get consistently outdrawn at their own stadium by visiting fans.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
TheBranca18 said:

I have no idea what you're talking about. In any case why would you cheer for the Rays? They get consistently outdrawn at their own stadium by visiting fans.

Talking about how the Red Sox "can't afford" to add on payroll this deadline. Which doesn't make any sense at all. The Red Sox have a massive black hole on their team, known as Right Field, and by all indications it looks like they are going to go cheap to plug in the hole.

Rays fans are bad. They are awful. There is absolutely no reason for professional baseball to exist in the state of Florida as it's basically an arms race to see whose fans will not show up more between the Rays and Marlins. The Marlins getting a new stadium is absurd on so many levels. The only realignment in baseball that is going to help the Tampa Bay Rays is if they get realigned to a new state. There are at least a dozen cities where professional baseball could thrive given the chance, TB - St. Pete is not one of them.

But in general I root for the Rays as a fan of the game of baseball. Same reason I cheer on the Jays and O's when they don't suck either (so never).

nocode

Well, I've got a big steak that I just bbq'd ready to be eaten, a whole bunch of cold beer, and the Met Phillies game ahead of me. Too bad it's on fox, but hey, can't have everything I guess.

Really looking forward to some afternoon baseball. I'm going to the game tomorrow, so the Mets BETTER win this. If not, I'm bringing my broom tomorrow, and diving off the Pepsi porch in a swan dive of glory.

eznark

Banned
darkside31337 said:
According to Jeff Zrebiec https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiecsun, JJ Hardy has signed a 3 year extension with the O's roughly 3/22 with a limited no-trade clause.

Honestly shocked he signed that extension. Was easily putting himself in position as the consolation prize to the teams that lost out on Reyes, and that would have been for way more than 3/22.

Not sure why anybody would want to stick around on the O's for 3 years either.
fuck

nocode

These announcers have gone through the injured Mets twice now and forgot to mention Ike Davis.

Woooooow, nice play by Ryan Howard. 1-0 Mets.

Edit: That AB by Bay may have been the most pathetic thing I have ever seen. He will soon crack under the booos that are incoming very very soon.

nocode

Niece's fastball is really jumping at the hitters today. Looking good.

Edit: Another huge error by Tejada today. The Mets really need Reyes, Wright and Davis back. This injury bullshit these past few seasons is out of control.

Wow the zone just got a whole lot bigger for Cole Hamels. Niese could've used that call.

EDIT: Please swing at one first pitch, Mets. Hamels is throwing them down the middle now.

It's weird, Cole Hamels always has these games vs. the Mets. He's 3-9 against them in his career and something strange always happens when he faces them... bad D, walks to guys he'd never walk, that kind of thing. I'll never forget last year in September where Phils had a chance to clinch at home. Carlos Beltran unloaded all over the dude and Hamels was barking on the mound at anymore in earshot. Doesn't even matter how bad the Mets lineup is, too.

As I type that a ball is nearly dropped in RF.

Damn Daniel Murphy just destroyed that ball. 5-0 Mets!

Now Bay gets a hit! This is why yesterday's game was so important, Mets historically hit Hamels well. They could've been in line for a sweep, instead it might be a rubber game matchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom